CAF World Cup qualifiers on YouTube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAF World Cup qualifiers on YouTube

I don't think we have a CAF WCQ thread, so a care and share of something I found out last week and have only just thought to mention here: the FIFA TV YouTube channel is live streaming all the CAF World Cup qualifying matches (and, of course, keeping them up afterwards for watching when you fancy). English and French commentary options, by the look of it. Not clear whether they'll do the same for next month's games, but there's a full round of matches on Tuesday 7th ...

Probably the biggest story so far is the Morocco and Guinea players (including Naby Keita) getting caught up in the attempted coup in Conakry. Hope all are safe.

As a qualifying format goes, this is going to be arguably the most thrilling of any confederation - ten groups of four, at least half which have no clear favourite, followed by 5 two legged playoffs which I believe will be unseeded, so could for example pit Egypt v Senegal for one finals place.

Comment

Just bumping this, because FIFA are showing them live again this month! Link in the OP.

Comment

CAR winning in Nigeria has to be a bit of a shock result this evening.

Comment

What's the latest a player can be called into their international team? Guinea-Bissau are due to play on Friday and though Panutche Camará isn't due to play at the moment he has been on the verge of their recent squads.

That would ,make three and the possibility of our game going at the weekend. Don't want to buy my ticket yet, just in case.

Comment

With a feeling of "here we go again", South Africa are demanding that their defeat by Ghana be replayed due to some admittedly questionable refereeing decisions. They do have a precedent to call upon, they were made to replay (and lost) a game against Senegal at this stage four years ago for the same reason.

Comment

https://twitter.com/sannyr1985/status/1460006840981463041?s=21

Comment

A couple of big games on at the moment
                Algeria vs Burkina Faso
                Nigeria vs Cape Verde

In both cases if the away team wins they put out their more famous opponents and go through themselves. (but also in both cases the home teams only need to draw)

Algeria have just (while I've been typing) gone 1-0 up, and the other game is 1-1. Both midway through the first half

Comment

Algeria have never lost at Bilda (36 wins and 6 draws in 42 matches).

Comment

Burkina Faso have equalised though

Do we have an Asian one of these? Because Australia have just failed to beat China, leaving Japan 45 minutes to get a winner against Oman and force them into a playoff

Comment

It's only matchday 6 (of 10) in Asia. The last round of games is at the end of March.

Comment

Ah. Sorry, scratch that then

Comment

Cameroon - Cote d'Ivoire kicks off in 25 minutes. Winner takes all, CIV advance with a draw.

Comment

Cameroon hold on for the win which eliminates The Elephants.

Comment

Working...
                            X