No announcement yet.

Random football thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is the right thread. There were 3 hat tricks in this Manchester League game - a 12-1 win for the home side - but that's to take nothing away from the scorer of this one..

https://mobile.twitter.com/avenue_football/status/1444359290555412483

Comment

Apparently, those three blooters were the third, fourth and fifth for his side. What happened after? Was he subbed off before the last seven goals?

Comment

He must have remembered how to pass - 2 of his teammates subsequently got hat tricks as well.

Comment

Gareth Southgate by Christian Alexander Bailey. Tea on paper.

Comment

Just watching Cardiff v Swansea. The commentator said that neither side has ever done the double in this fixture in 109 years, an amazing stat if true.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
              Just watching Cardiff v Swansea. The commentator said that neither side has ever done the double in this fixture in 109 years, an amazing stat if true.
              True.

Comment

Slovakia's biggest derby, Spartak Trnava vs Slovan Bratislava, has been abandoned today. 12 minutes had been played when Slovan fans tore down perimeter netting and invaded the pitch. Trnava fans came on to greet them, there was fighting and flinging of flares back and forth. Ambulence men trying to treat injured people had things chucked at them. Slovan's following of 800 or so were finally cleared out of their section by heavily armed police and security men. The game was then supposed to continue, but Slovan players refused to take the field. I don't blame them for that, as their security couldn't realistically have been guaranteed. I do blame the utter twats who run that club and the utter twats who follow them. The club needs closing down, discontinuing, or whatever the word might be. I'd advocate for that if I ran football here. Trnava are barely any better. I'd be giving them one last warning.

Football in this country seems either to be watched by barely anybody (as here in Zilina yesterday) or, when there is a big crowd, at least half of it is made up of total psychopaths.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                  Worth noting that they haven't always been in the same division. For example the only times they played in the 1970s was in the Welsh Cup. Yesterday was their 61st league meeting in 109 years so that's only 30 seasons where one team could have done a double. (It's still on for this season if Swansea win in Cardiff.)

It's still an interesting quirk though.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                    40 points of course is only a relegation avoider in the top flight. Below that it's 50.
                    Only for Ron Atkinson, surely?

Comment

https://twitter.com/ProjectFootball/status/1451175846493016068?t=UVAxEsmsekyA4s9ndDtpgw&s=19

George Best is tremendous and the Rooney looks bizarrely like me.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
                        https://twitter.com/ProjectFootball/status/1451175846493016068?t=UVAxEsmsekyA4s9ndDtpgw&s=19

George Best is tremendous and the Rooney looks bizarrely like me.

I got that the wrong way around initially and thought you were saying that you looked like "Best," which gave me a bit of a jolt.

That thread's a bit odd. Some of the figures are very good and some are decent efforts that went a bit off of the rails. Then there's Owen and Maradona.

Comment

And Keegan.

Comment

And Keegan.

Yes, looking there like a dishevelled salesman from an unbroadcast episode of Thunderbirds.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Yes, looking there like a dishevelled salesman from an unbroadcast episode of Thunderbirds.
                              Yes, it's Troy Tempest after a bad night out. Except Troy Tempest is in Stingray.
                              Last edited by Capybara; 21-10-2021, 19:36.

Comment

And he's forgotten to wipe the bits of half-melted Wispa from his mouth.

Keegan that is, not Tempest.

Comment

Guardian Knowledge joins the history erasers: "Premier League" ...

https://twitter.com/shillwarp/status/1452908576352215042

Comment

The Blizzard’s ‘great games’ podcast is generally very good but the recent one about the Celtic - Leeds European Cup semi - final of 1970 is excellent.

Comment

I am sure there has been a thread for photos of Graeme Souness in old marketing, but I don't know what it's called.

https://twitter.com/Tees_Issues/status/1454346124509257728?t=HDUlyUXdhuuEMtgoGkZTmg&s=19

Comment

I haven’t watched Football Focus in years but turned it on earlier in the hope it had grown beyond the surface level questions and propensity for inane banter that I remembered.

First interview was Harry Maguire, who, after answering a particularly bland question about how he felt after last Sunday, was then quizzed about “who’s the joker in the dressing room?” followed by “who’s the best dressed?”

The show hasn’t changed at all.

Comment

It was only this week I found out that Diego Maradonna was half Croatian.

Comment

I am sure there has been a thread for photos of Graeme Souness in old marketing, but I don't know what it's called.

https://twitter.com/Tees_Issues/status/1454346124509257728?t=HDUlyUXdhuuEMtgoGkZTmg&s=19
                                            Who are the people on the bus? Is their day trip to Scarborough being delayed while the photographer gets the perfect shot?

Comment

I dunno who the driver is, but the others are Tony Blackburn and Joan Sims. I have been to Scarborough on the Bee-Line. The depot was only a couple of minutes walk from Souey's digs.

Comment

Not sure about Tony Blackburn, but that does look like Joan Sims.

Comment

It's Javier Bardem in No Country For Old Men.

Comment

It's definitely Joan Sims. With Henry Cooper driving. Our school 'bus was Bee-Line.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X