No announcement yet.

CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure that it's worth getting into, Sporting.

Comment

That's cool.

Comment

If anything it turned me towards Wales.

Comment

Not fully on point, but we don't have a WTF thread in Football

https://twitter.com/arnoldcommajon/status/1440438176888229895?s=21

Comment

No VAR for some reason. Jamaica got away with what should have been a red.

Comment

PEPI!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 08-10-2021, 01:23.

Comment

Pepi is on fire.

Comment

I misspelled his name. Ugh

Comment

Mexico are a goal up against Canada, I missed the goal.

Comment

They just replayed the goal and I missed it again because I was looking at my phone...

Comment

Davies misses a sitter for Canada.

Massive cultural misconception from me here, but I imagined the Canadian side to be 11 Owen Hargreaves, strong European-ish looking rugged men, but half the team are black.. Am I just completely ignorant about the current ethnic diversity of Canada?

Comment

1-1, Canada have been all over Mexico since the opening goal. Nicely worked goal from Osorio.

Comment

Half time, I'm really impressed with Canada and just did some of research on their player backgrounds. Much like Switzerland, the current Canada team seem to be an advert regarding the benefits of immigration and giving refugees a safe place to live.

Liberia, Haiti, Ghana, Portugal, Mexico, Scotland and Nigeria, amongst others, represented.
                            Last edited by steveeeeeeeee; 08-10-2021, 02:38.

Comment

Completelty forgot Stephen Vitoria is Canadian as well. Ex-Benfiquista, great header of the ball - he was immense at Estoril when Marco Silva was in charge.

Comment

And as I write that, Vitoria leaps like a salmon to head off the line, but I think the goalkeeper had it covered.

Comment

Mexico should have been awarded a penalty but the referee bottled it. Canadian keeper tried to throw the ball out quickly, didn't realise there was a Mexican player next to him and hesitated then lost control of the ball. Rugby tackled the Mexican player to make up for his mistake and the foul was given against Mexico.

Comment

Mexico much better at the start of the second half. The game is getting very physical.

Comment

The game has been stopped due to homophobic chanting,

Comment

It's restarted. I really need to be doing some work...

Comment

Johnston heads against his own bar, preventing Jiminez from having a goal scoring opportunity. This is a great game.

Comment

Jiminez scores, but it's wrongly ruled out for a foul Stephen Vitoria invented...

It should be 3-1 if the referee wasn't so poor. Canada need to capitalise on their good fortune.

Comment

Hector Herrera has had some serious plastic surgery since he played for Porto. I honestly can't recognise him from the player I knew of that time.

However, he looks a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post
                                                The game has been stopped due to homophobic chanting,
                                                At some point, Mexico needs to lose a point or two for this.

Comment

Canada holding on, 5 minutes left. Their players look spent, especially the veteran Vitoria. But I remain impressed by Canada, so well drilled and organised, when they get the ball into the Mexican final third, their slick passing and movement make the Mexican defenders look like statues. The problem is, they've only got into the final third a handful of times.

But credit due to John Herdman, it's clearly his work that is making Canada such a difficult team to play against. I wonder how long before English clubs notice him?

Comment

1-1, Mexic being booed off the pitch at the Azteca. Well done Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X