No announcement yet.

FA Cup 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FC Hollywood might be a very close shave.

Comment

Having been gifted Man City at home in the 4th round last season, when no fans could go, the Cup Gods are really getting their own back on Cheltenham this season with another trip to Gillingham, to make it 3 away days there before the end of November. Our 4th straight away draw as well in the two main cups.

I'm sure Gillingham fans are as excited as us by the draw.

Comment

Oldham at home is the most interesting draw we've had in five seasons, when we got Lincoln (who were non-League at the time). And they dicked us 1-0 on the BBC. Every draw since has been someone in our own division, apart from Accrington, who we were already doomed to be playing the following season anyway.

Mind you, we've only won one FA Cup game since 2010, so it has reduced the number of ties we get.

Comment

Originally posted by David Agnew View Post
          Oldham at home is the most interesting draw we've had in five seasons, when we got Lincoln (who were non-League at the time). And they dicked us 1-0 on the BBC. Every draw since has been someone in our own division, apart from Accrington, who we were already doomed to be playing the following season anyway.

Mind you, we've only won one FA Cup game since 2010, so it has reduced the number of ties we get.
          I was going to say surely the Villa game when you met some of the great, the good, and the not so good of otf

But that's getting on for ten years ago now, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

I was going to say surely the Villa game when you met some of the great, the good, and the not so good of otf

But that's getting on for ten years ago now, isn't it?
            Almost eight years, now. January 2013.

Comment

Do they ever usually pick all-League ties at this stage these days?

Comment

TBF, when the ratio is 10:11, you would expect by far most ties to consist of league v non-league, so a preponderance of all-League games would be most unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                  Having been gifted Man City at home in the 4th round last season, when no fans could go, the Cup Gods are really getting their own back on Cheltenham this season with another trip to Gillingham, to make it 3 away days there before the end of November. Our 4th straight away draw as well in the two main cups.

I'm sure Gillingham fans are as excited as us by the draw.
                  I will never forgive Gillingham for being our fourth round opponents after we'd dicked Derby on their own ground to become the first bottom division side to win on a top flight ground in the Premier League era.

It was away, we went all the way there for a postponement, drew Arsenal at Highbury and inevitably lost the rearranged game on a Tuesday night. Yes, I went to that one too.

Comment

There are many reasons to hate Gillingham...

Comment

Yate Town v Dover postponed because of floodlight failure. Hope not many travelled from Kent...

Comment

Guisely win through and will play us at Plough Lane.

Comment

Originally posted by Gas In Name Only View Post
                          Yate Town v Dover postponed because of floodlight failure. Hope not many travelled from Kent...
                          We're about half way through the first period of extra time of Buxton v Kettering and the lights have just gone out here too.

Comment

And a message has just gone out over the tanoy asking if anyone has a triangular panel key whatever that might be!

Comment

Someone must have had one - we're back on.

Comment

That it's obvious what's coming doesn't make this any less funny..

[URL="https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1450735475833163777"]Ollie Bayliss on Twitter: "The perils of stewarding during a penalty shootout! This from Weymouth v Yeovil in the FA Cup last night… https://t.co/14nioe5N24" / Twitter[/URL]

Comment

Thankfully it wasn't obvious to me, first time I saw it, elsewhere.

Comment

Yeah, maybe best served without the "perils of stewarding" introduction.

Comment

For me Clive, it's the crushing weight of inevitability that makes it.

Comment

He styled it out well though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gas In Name Only View Post
                                          It looks like Dover didn't do themselves any favours last night. The lights were repaired by 8:34 just after the 8:30pm deadline. The ref was happy to go ahead with the game if both teams agreed. Dover refused to play.

I don't think their finances will stretch to providing free travel for their supporters next Tuesday.

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/yatet...t-2656790.html
                                          Last edited by cantagalo; 20-10-2021, 21:16.

Comment

Fucking hell, ITV have picked Wednesday v Plymouth as a live game. At 12.15 on a Sunday for the benefit of travelling fans.

Comment

At least the BBC get it - Sudbury v Colchester and St Albans v Ecotricity FC are their picks.

Comment

Full list here, some good games on ITV4 along with the obligatory Salford appearance ;

https://twitter.com/EmiratesFACup/status/1451126114277990404?s=20

Do we know if they still plan to shift a further chunk of games to Sunday afternoon for the BBC's Final Score coverage?

Edit: Ah, reading on in that link it looks like they may:

"Additional fixtures will be moved to facilitate other broadcast arrangements and the full schedule for the first round proper will be confirmed at the earliest opportunity."
                                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 21-10-2021, 10:48.

Comment

I owe ITV an apology - I assumed the Plymouth-Sheffield Wednesday game was their only pick.

I agree that Banbury-Barrow and Stratford-Shrewsbury are great picks.

Comment

While I am looking forward to watching Shrewsbury on the telly I am also not looking forward to watching Shrewsbury on the telly as I fear they might well get embarrassed.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X