FA Cup 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FA Cup 21/22

Although both clubs twitter accounts have Mossley winning 1-0 at home to Newton Aycliffe in the 1st qualifying round today, the bbc online currently gives the full time score as 4-15 (Fifteen) to the away side.

The magic of the FA Cup.

https://twitter.com/_omeara_r/status/1434177679385890828?s=21

Comment

Absolute ledge

Comment

https://twitter.com/i/status/1434198780925169671

Comment

Corinthians on the brink of the first round for the first time since 1984.

Comment

They're in the hat for the draw at least (that's on BBC2 at 1 o'clock). I think the one definite debutant in the first round proper are Bowers and Pitsea from the Isthmian League, so presumably they get the Beeb turning up if they draw a big name like Sunderland, Pompey, Bolton or Wimbledon.

Comment

The draw's on ITV.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                The draw's on ITV.
                Yes, my mistake, looking at the wrong column in the TV guide. So I'm guessing any live games will similarly be on ITV not the beeb.

Comment

I was just wondering the same, a national disgrace of so.

Comment

ITV bought BT's package so it's on both BBC and ITV. Yeah, old school. In this round BBC have 1st and 4th picks, ITV 2nd and 3rd, one replay each. Who does the draw rotates, it's ITV this season so we won't have to sit through the One Show in the latter stages.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                      ITV bought BT's package so it's on both BBC and ITV. Yeah, old school. In this round BBC have 1st and 4th picks, ITV 2nd and 3rd, one replay each. Who does the draw rotates, it's ITV this season so we won't have to sit through the One Show in the latter stages.
                      You're going to miss the One Show when ITV start doing it as a Made In Chelsea special.

Comment

Wednesday v Argyle will probably be on the telly. I doubt Bradford v Exeter will be.

Comment

Plymouth home is a bit meh, they gave us a right shellacking at their place last month. Imagine that might crop up on the Beeb's round the grounds thingy if they're still doing that.

Comment

Full draw:

Bradford City v Exeter City
                            Sunderland v Mansfield Town
                            Dorking Wanderers or Hayes & Yeading United v Sutton United
                            Sheffield Wednesday v Plymouth Argyle
                            Dagenham & Redbridge v Salford City
                            Carlisle United v Horsham
                            Dover Athletic or Yate Town v Yeovil Town or Weymouth
                            Scunthorpe United v Doncaster Rovers
                            Rotherham United v Bromley
                            Portsmouth v Harrow Borough
                            Gillingham v Cheltenham Town
                            Morecambe v Newport County
                            Banbury United v Barrow
                            Fleetwood Town v Burton Albion
                            AFC Sudbury v Colchester United
                            Northampton Town v Cambridge United
                            Corinthian-Casuals or St Albans City v Forest Green Rovers
                            Boston United or Stratford Town v Shrewsbury Town
                            Pontefract Collieries or FC Halifax Town v Maidenhead United
                            Chesterfield v Southend United
                            Rochdale v Tamworth or Notts County
                            Kidderminster Harriers v Grimsby Town
                            Wigan Athletic v Solihull Moors
                            Boreham Wood v Eastleigh or Folkestone Invicta
                            York City or Morpeth Town v Kettering Town or Buxton
                            Ipswich Town v Oldham Athletic
                            AFC Wimbledon v Brackley Town or Guiseley
                            Harrogate Town v Marine or Wrexham
                            Hartlepool United v Wycombe Wanderers
                            King's Lynn Town v Walsall
                            Crewe Alexandra v Swindon Town
                            Bolton Wanderers v Stockport County
                            Charlton Athletic v Torquay United or Havant & Waterlooville
                            Oxford United v Bristol Rovers
                            Crawley Town v Tranmere Rovers
                            Leyton Orient v Ebbsfleet United
                            Milton Keynes Dons v Stevenage
                            Lincoln City v Bowers & Pitsea
                            Port Vale v Accrington Stanley
                            Marske United or Gateshead v Altrincham

Comment

I would be astounded if AFC Sudbury v Ipswich Town Old Boys Colchester wasn't on TV. Just fifteen miles between the two clubs.

Comment

Salford City will probably get one of the BBC slots, even if they are at home to a non-league side.

Boston United or Stratford Town v Shrewsbury Town might be one too, as that's the only game where a non-league side are at home to a League One side.

Comment

Sudbury v Colchester is a bit of a ding-dong derby, I guess that will get picked up. Bolton v Stockport might not quite have the same "bovril, scaffolding and kids up trees" vibe the TV likes for a first round tie, played as it will be in Bolton's 30,000 all-seater.

Comment

Originally posted by David Agnew View Post
                                    I would be astounded if AFC Sudbury v Ipswich Town Old Boys Colchester wasn't on TV. Just fifteen miles between the two clubs.
                                    Pretty uninspiring draw apart from that tie. I imagine Dagenham v Salford will be televised purely to allow the ITV pundits and commentary crew to circle jerk the Class of 92.

Comment

The M18 derby between Scunny and Donny might have a chance.

Comment

Pontefract Collieries vs Maidenhead has a certain je ne sais quoi. I know that, contrary to the name, Maidenhead is not actually a genteel innocent, but all the same...

Comment

If Marine were to get past FC Hollywood in their replay then their trip to Harrogate might get shown as they raised their media profile significantly last season.

Comment

It won't be on telly but I'd love Yate to have a proper go at Yeovil if that's the tie we end up with after replays

Rovers go to Oxford. Loads of Gas will be up for the chance to spend 90 minutes abusing Snake (and no doubt seeing him dump us out)

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                              Pontefract Collieries vs Maidenhead has a certain je ne sais quoi. I know that, contrary to the name, Maidenhead is not actually a genteel innocent, but all the same...
                                              Jetty (on the Thames) overlooked by hill. The head part was originally hythe

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                                Sudbury v Colchester is a bit of a ding-dong derby, I guess that will get picked up. Bolton v Stockport might not quite have the same "bovril, scaffolding and kids up trees" vibe the TV likes for a first round tie, played as it will be in Bolton's 30,000 all-seater.
                                                That gives it more chance of an upset, two wins and a draw is our record at whatever that ground's called now, dating from a 1998-2001 spell in the same division. Joking aside, the more likely reason to reschedule it is the Manchester derby on the Saturday.

As far as I can work out this'll be the biggest ground we've played at for 12 years (Southampton in League One in 09/10).

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                                                  The M18 derby between Scunny and Donny might have a chance.
                                                  Given our respective league form, you'd hope not for the viewing public's sake.

Incidentally this is the 11th successive FA or League Cup tie for which Doncaster have been drawn away from home.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X