2021-22's last 100% record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
    Folland Sports are the only ones still going in the Wessex League. I've seen them play before, but still had to remind myself where they're from (Hamble)
    A 4-1 defeat at Bemerton Heath Harlequins means that this is now gone. Hythe & Dibden in the Premier do have a perfect 0% record still after nine matches,
    Last edited by pebblethefish; 20-09-2021, 11:49.

Comment

Scouring round my local leagues looking for contenders for this thread I encountered Biggleswade United in the United Counties League Premier Division (South), who instead have a zero per cent record: no points from nine games, 11 goals scored and 61 conceded. They've also lost their two cup ties, 7-0 at home to Saffron Walden Town in the FA Cup and 8-0 at home to Southend Manor in the Vase.

Comment

Originally posted by Furtho View Post
        Scouring round my local leagues looking for contenders for this thread I encountered Biggleswade United in the United Counties League Premier Division (South), who instead have a zero per cent record: no points from nine games, 11 goals scored and 61 conceded. They've also lost their two cup ties, 7-0 at home to Saffron Walden Town in the FA Cup and 8-0 at home to Southend Manor in the Vase.
        Isn't that Guillem Balagué's team? I imagine that they thought bringing him on board would have been more positive than it obviously is being.

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post
          There are a trio in the new third tier of Welsh football...
          In Ardal North East, Chirk AAA are six wins from six in the league. In Ardal South West Ynyshir Albions are five wins from five, whilst Denbigh Town are two wins from two in Ardal North West.
          Neither Chirk nor Ynyshir have played a league game since my last post, so they're both still 100%... Denbigh have managed a few more games though, one of which they drew so they're out the running.

Comment

Sueca United lost their first game of the season 0-23:

https://www.resultados-futbol.com/su...ll-club-senior

Comment

Ipswich Town women made it 6 from 6 on Sunday:

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Isn't that Guillem Balagué's team? I imagine that they thought bringing him on board would have been more positive than it obviously is being.
                It is, yeah. From what I know, generally they've been pretty competitive - what has happened, though, is that over the summer Biggleswade United have been one of the large number of clubs to switch leagues as part of the FA's restructuring of the pyramid. They were top of the curtailed Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division for 2020/21. Their squad for this year is almost completely different and I know clubs at this level tend to try to build squads specific to the league they're in. The shift from being at the north-eastern fringes of one league to the far south-east of another could make a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Indeed it is,

He is now Chairman after having been Director of Football.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                    Folland Sports are the only ones still going in the Wessex League. I've seen them play before, but still had to remind myself where they're from (Hamble)
                    They have a reputation for changing there name most seasons, usually from one very crap name to another equally crap one.

They seem to move the pitch further and further away from the clubhouse with each visit.

They have a red arrow parked by one of the corner flags.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1444646615789314053?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                        Sueca United lost their first game of the season 0-23:

https://www.resultados-futbol.com/su...ll-club-senior
                        Second match lost 18-0; on Friday they succumbed 29-3.

Comment

PSG did have a lot of shots, even in the 20 minutes of this I watched. Just none of them on target. Well apart from the one Mbappe scored from, only for a VAR offside from much earlier in the move ruling it out. The sort of offside that Rennes weren't even appealing for (receive and lay off with his back to their goal moving towards his own) and would have gone unremarked in pre-VAR days. It wasn't like Barcelona of recent weeks where the big name side was simply outplayed - the match went to expectations... except for highly profligate finishing from PSG and highly efficient of the same from Rennes.

As well as the front three, di Maria also played. It was a full strength PSG team that lost this one.

All that said, Rennes' Kamaldeen Sulemana looked the biggest talent on the pitch. Which, given etc. were also there, is saying something. Expect to hear more of this guy very, very soon.
                          Last edited by Janik; 03-10-2021, 15:49.

Comment

Some stats to back up those observations

This is one of the wider XG disparities that I've seen for the match (the measure is dependent on the model and the person recording chances, so values differ, but tend to cluster).

https://twitter.com/route1futbol/status/1444646682025627648?s=21

Comment

Mor than 218,000 passes, that's tiki-taka taken to extremes!

Comment

Jersey Bulls' all-time 100% record in home matches was ended today, when they were beaten 1-0 in the FA Cup by Chertsey Town.

Comment

Napoli, with 21 points from seven matches, are now the only club in the top two divisions of Europe's "top five" leagues to have a 100 percent record. Noris there any such club n the top tier of The Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Turkey or Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                    Second match lost 18-0; on Friday they succumbed 29-3.
                                    There must surely have been some excitement at scoring three times?

I note that teams in this league are stood down now until after the international break. Now, I don't mean to sound disingenuous, but I can't imagine there's going to be a great deal of 'player overlap' here, is there?

Comment

And Napoli have fallen, or at least tripped, after a 0-0 draw with Roma

Comment

Barcelona are still going strong.

(The women.)

Comment

Chirk AAA are still going strong in Wales' Ardal North East (3rd tier); 10 wins from 10 now

Comment

Chirk AAA are still going strong in Wales' Ardal North East (3rd tier); 10 wins from 10 now
                                            Clearly something in the water there as Chirk Town, one level below, have won 11 out of 12 league fixtures (although as they drew their first fixture, they never possessed a 100% record at any point this season)

Comment

Was wondering which of them were the Welsh Cup winners:

https://the94thminute.com/2018/08/21/chirk-aaa/

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                                Ipswich Town women made it 6 from 6 on Sunday:
                                                9/9 now, having beaten the team in 3rd (Bridgwater) with a late winner yesterday.

Comment

Ten.

Comment

Chirk AAA are now 12 from 12 in Wales' Ardal North East.

As a third tier club, they must be up there as one of the highest ranked sides still to be 100% in the league

Comment

Working...
                                                    X