2021-22's last 100% record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021-22's last 100% record

Spurs are the only ones left in England's top 4 divisions after the draw at Anfield yesterday. 13 teams in tiers 5 or 6 are still on 100%, but of those only Fylde, Brackley, Dartford and Maidstone have played 3 games so far. In Scotland's top 5 tiers only Inverness Caley Thistle remain, and in the Cymru Premier only Flint Town United and The New Saints are left and they meet on Tuesday.

Any others from other tiers or further afield?

Newly promoted Ipswich Town Women have three wins from three in the National League Southern Premier. Next match is at home to Cardiff at 2pm today. So that's jinxed now.

Comment

In Spain's top two divisions Atletico Madrid (3 games), Almería (2) and Ponferradina (3)

Comment

VfL Wolfsburg are the only men's club to have a 100 percent record in the top three tiers in Germany or France

Comment

No such clubs in Belgium's top two divisions for men. PSV and Jong AZ (2d tier) the only such clubs in the Netherlands.

Comment

Altay, Fenerbahçe and Trabzonspor have all played two and won two going into the final matches in Turkey before the international break. As the first two are currently playing each other and drawing and Trabzonspor are winning it could be just one side by the end of the third week of matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
              Newly promoted Ipswich Town Women have three wins from three in the National League Southern Premier. Next match is at home to Cardiff at 2pm today. So that's jinxed now.
              1-0 win. Maddie Biggs scoring six minutes after coming on to replace Natasha Thomas.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                Altay, Fenerbahçe and Trabzonspor have all played two and won two going into the final matches in Turkey before the international break. As the first two are currently playing each other and drawing and Trabzonspor are winning it could be just one side by the end of the third week of matches.
                Fenerbahçe and Trabzonspor are both 3 from 3.

In the second tier 3 sides have 100% records after 3 games; Ümraniyespor, Eyüpspor and Manisa FK.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                  In Spain's top two divisions Atletico Madrid (3 games), Almería (2) and Ponferradina (3)
                  Only the last named survived this round of matches

Comment

There are a trio in the new third tier of Welsh football...
                    In Ardal North East, Chirk AAA are six wins from six in the league. In Ardal South West Ynyshir Albions are five wins from five, whilst Denbigh Town are two wins from two in Ardal North West.

Impressively Ynyshir are also still in both the FAW Cup and FAW Amateur Trophy, which is another six wins on top of those five.

Comment

On the flip side there wasn’t a single 100% record left in the Championship after two matches which must be some kind of record.

Comment

In the Southern Leagues, Peterborough Sports are 100% in Premier Central, Hayes & Heading United in Premier South, Berkhamsted and North Leigh in Div One Central and AFC Totton in Div One South.

Comment

In the Romanian top flight CFR Cluj have 21 points from their first 7 games.

Despite this their manager got sacked last week

Comment

None remaining in Argentina, although we are between five and twenty-ish games into the season down here (the top flight kicked off a short championship a few days after the Copa América final; the lower divisions are all doing calendar-year seasons, in one or two cases on an Apertura/Clausura system so are therefore five or six weeks into a Clausura).

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post
                              There are a trio in the new third tier of Welsh football...
                              In Ardal North East, Chirk AAA are six wins from six in the league. In Ardal South West Ynyshir Albions are five wins from five, whilst Denbigh Town are two wins from two in Ardal North West.

Impressively Ynyshir are also still in both the FAW Cup and FAW Amateur Trophy, which is another six wins on top of those five.
                              Going even lower, in the South Wales Alliance Premier Division, Cardiff Corinthians have 21 points from 7 games. They've also won 3 FAW Trophy games but they lost their very first game of the season in the very first round of the Welsh Cup.

Comment

There are a few teams with 3 from 3 across the Northern Premier Leagues and 2 with 4 from 4 - Liversedge in the East and Halesowen in the Midlands.

None in the NWCFL.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                  In the Romanian top flight CFR Cluj have 21 points from their first 7 games.

Despite this their manager got sacked last week
                                  That would be Marius Șumudică, he's a rather interesting character.

Comment

That would be Marius Șumudică, he's a rather interesting character.
                                    Yeah, he's obviously a good manager, in terms of results, but I don't know if I have ever seen a manager who changes clubs quite so often as he does. One can only conclude that he is a "difficult" individual. He lasted nearly a year and a half with your lot* which is nearly a record for him

(*by your lot here I obviously mean Gazientep rather than Swansea)

Comment

Comment

Yeah, he's obviously a good manager, in terms of results, but I don't know if I have ever seen a manager who changes clubs quite so often as he does. One can only conclude that he is a "difficult" individual. He lasted nearly a year and a half with your lot* which is nearly a record for him

(*by your lot here I obviously mean Gazientep rather than Swansea)
                                        My team no longer exists, that Gaziantep FK is the old municipal team and has financial backing but no real support.

Marius Șumudică got sacked from them because of a pay dispute that went public. He's now expected to return to Turkey to take over at Adana Demirspor, a left wing team with Mario Ballotelli there. That'll be interesting.

Comment

My team no longer exists, that Gaziantep FK is the old municipal team and has financial backing but no real support.
                                          Ah, thanks (and apologies), I didn't know that.

Comment

Ah, thanks (and apologies), I didn't know that.
                                            No need to apologise. Yes, Gaziantepspor went bankrupt and withdrew from the league. They've tried to resume playing in the Amateur League but the club is saddled with debt and there's not really a belief that they can get back up and running. Very sad for the 9th most successful team in Turkey and one that provided so many young players to the big clubs.

Comment

By flock, that guy must have a CV (do managers and coaches have CV’s) running into pages and pages. And hopefully the job interview doesn’t go down the route of a standard banal, anal, job interview, ie “so tell me why you left your previous jobs”. The answer to this could take quite a while unless there was a reply that covered them all, “eh, all the boards of directors and the chairmen I’ve ever dealt with have been complete and utter knobs - present company excepted, of course”

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                                None remaining in Argentina, although we are between five and twenty-ish games into the season down here (the top flight kicked off a short championship a few days after the Copa América final; the lower divisions are all doing calendar-year seasons, in one or two cases on an Apertura/Clausura system so are therefore five or six weeks into a Clausura).
                                                Arsenal bottom over there as well I see.

Comment

I’d not twigged that ours was the only surviving 100% record in all of the top four divisions - that probably hasn’t been the case since the 1960-61 double season.

(I could point out that Arsenal also have a 100% record, but obviously I’d not do that.)

Comment

Working...
                                                  X