• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filthy homophobic scum directing chants at the players:

Liverpool at Norwich, Derby at Peterborough

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-billy-gilmour

Almost immediate responses from both Derby County and Liverpool

"Go away, and stay away"

Regarding the Gilmour one, the social media whataboutery and people quoting whichever dictionary definition justifies their point of view have been as tragic as they are predictable. The Gay Gooners co-chair posted an excellent little thread spelling out what is wrong with it, which deserves far more than the <200 retweets it currently has...

https://twitter.com/GeorgeR_99/status/1426675668104908804?s=20

Comment

It was really depressing, reading the bigots pretending they aren't bigots. They do make up some ludicrous nonsense, too.

There's one way way down that thread claiming that:

Teachers are getting sacked for greeting a class “morning girls” in an all girls school.
      Apparently,

It’s happened at 6 schools in England so far

Comment

I heard those teachers got sent to jail

Comment

You're telling me that if you say 'Good morning girls,' you'll be arrested and thrown in jail, these days?

Comment

These days.

Comment

When did this come in?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                When did this come in?
                Back in the day.

Comment

I've told the story before that my friend Mel challenged a guy shouting homophobic abuse. He was very embarrassed being put in his place by a short angry woman and kept trying to pick a fight with me which infuriated her even more. There is a scummy element who go to football matches.

Comment

I think a lot of it is just general ignorance as well. At the NCEL game I was at on Saturday (crowd of a couple of hundred) there was a gaggle of 5 or 6 kids, all aged I reckon around 13/14 who obviously fancied themselves as The Lads, doing a few little chants, etc., and I'm pretty sure (though not 100% as we were a fair distance away from them) I heard one of them shout "Get up, you poof" when one of the away team's players was down injured. I don't doubt if you actually sat the kid down and asked him if he genuinely disliked gay people, he would say no. Just seems it still isn't getting through how or why some of these terms are offensive.

Pity the yoof were closer to the exit than us – would have been fun to see their reaction if the husband and I had walked past them holding hands at the end of the game!

Comment

I wonder do they know what that word actually means? It seems like a word Kenneth Williams might have given up on for being too passe

Comment

That crossed my mind too. Where do kids hear the word "poof" used nowadays?

Comment

What do you expect in the INCEL league

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                            IPity the yoof were closer to the exit than us – would have been fun to see their reaction if the husband and I had walked past them holding hands at the end of the game!
                            They'd have said nowt. And even if they did I'd hope that more decent people would have told them to fuck straight off.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                              What do you expect in the INCEL league
                              I didn't want to be the one to say it. Particularly since jobi and husband seem to have taken the foreswearing of women to quite the extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

I didn't want to be the one to say it. Particularly since jobi and husband seem to have taken the foreswearing of women to quite the extreme.
                                Can't trust 'em.

Comment

Working...
                                X