No announcement yet.

League Cup 2021 - 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to Brentford v Oldham but left at half time. I wouldn't usually duck out early but it was 5-0 by then and, having spent seven hours travelling home from Pembrokeshire earlier in the day, staying just to see how much Brentford eased up in the second half didn't seem essential. Oldham's fans were impressive, making a good racket even as it became apparent that a shellacking was in progress.

Comment

With the best will in the world and all that, I hope you're leaving early at the weekend for different scoreline-related reasons.

Comment

We shall see, my brightly shod friend, we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post

I blame myself.
          Good to know where to point the finger!

Comment

Oh well.

Comment

Is the draw tonight? Anxious as I am to find out who will beat Klopp's experimental XI of academy kids, reserve players and people who work in the canteen in the fourth round this year.

Comment

Yes, and supposed to be live on Sky Sports

Comment

This unwillingness to give penalties is getting ridiculous. Mark noble slipped in the penalty area, and dragged jesse lingard to the ground by the shorts. He did it right in front of the referee, who was standing 10 feet away looking right at it, and he didn't give a penalty. He didn't see matic knee soufal in the balls just for the hell of it either, but at least his view was obscured, and he wasn't staring right at it.

Comment

Round of 16 draw.
                    • Chelsea v Southampton
                    • Arsenal v Leeds United
                    • Stoke City v Brentford
                    • West Ham v Manchester City
                    • Leicester City v Brighton
                    • Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur
                    • QPR v Sunderland
                    • Preston North End v Liverpool

Comment

Should the clubs in European competitions still be exempt to the round of 32 given that they mainly go straight into the group stages these days? I think only Spurs had to play a qualifier and they fielded their 2nd string in that.

Comment

Probably the easiest draw we could have hoped for.

So we're bound to screw the pooch.

Comment

Should the clubs in European competitions still be exempt to the round of 32 given that they mainly go straight into the group stages these days? I think only Spurs had to play a qualifier and they fielded their 2nd string in that.
                          You could make a case for it by reference simply to the total number of matches likely to be played by such clubs in a season. As a fan of a club which hasn't yet made it back to the level of qualifying for Europe, I have no problem with those clubs having that privilege.

Comment

"Straight to the third round, you'll never sing that"

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                              I went to Brentford v Oldham but left at half time. I wouldn't usually duck out early but it was 5-0 by then and, having spent seven hours travelling home from Pembrokeshire earlier in the day, staying just to see how much Brentford eased up in the second half didn't seem essential. Oldham's fans were impressive, making a good racket even as it became apparent that a shellacking was in progress.
                              One of my friends being die-hard Brentford, I was at that game, too. At one point it looked as though Marcus Forss might trouble Frankie Bunn's League Cup scoring record. (It could easily have been double figures - but it never is, is it?)

Was impressed with both the away support and at how quickly one was served at the bar.

Comment

I almost had a punt on QPR for the championship this season so if theyre taking it seriously I’m expecting it to be the end of our LC road.
                                Who we go out to is irrelevant but midweek in London would be mine and most SE based exiles best ticket chance this season. Unfortunately I’m shielding until top up jab so it’s looking like being two years without seeing the useless bastards live.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                  One of my friends being die-hard Brentford, I was at that game, too. At one point it looked as though Marcus Forss might trouble Frankie Bunn's League Cup scoring record. (It could easily have been double figures - but it never is, is it?)

Was impressed with both the away support and at how quickly one was served at the bar.

Well, I suppose that individual was pleased but the rest must have been a bit jealous.

Comment

So, had I said 'you' instead of 'one' then I s'pose you'd be on here telling me that you weren't even at the game and what the hell was I talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post
                                      I almost had a punt on QPR for the championship this season so if theyre taking it seriously I’m expecting it to be the end of our LC road.
                                      We've taken every match seriously this year, even the pre-season games. It's a fundamental part of Warbs-ball, smallish squad, everyone plays, no passengers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                        So, had I said 'you' instead of 'one' then I s'pose you'd be on here telling me that you weren't even at the game and what the hell was I talking about?

You know me so well, though you could have broken down your last sentence into two and said "Bar service was quick too."
                                        Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 23-09-2021, 15:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                          Probably the easiest draw we could have hoped for.

So we're bound to screw the pooch.
                                          Glad to kmow I am not the only one worried

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                            Though does it matter really? The League Cup has just become a tournament to spend 8 months feigning interest while waiting for Man City to win it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                              You know me so well, though you could have broken down your last sentence into two and said "Bar service was quick too."
                                              That would have made for a better-constructed sentence (perhaps ‘two’), I’ll grant you. I swear I do my best to use language properly on here, but sometimes haste in one department can lead one to a bit of slovenliness in another. Paradoxically.

Comment

Innit.

Comment

It would be annoying if Liverpool lost tonight at Preston. Losing any faintest chance of a quadruple before it ever began and that. And the PNE fans local to me would never stop banging on about "you beat Man United 5-0 then lost to us!". That last bit somehow doesn't seem so bad.
                                                  Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 27-10-2021, 21:13.

Comment

Shepherds Bush has the pitchforks and torches out today after a decision that managed to both ignore a handball that would have led to a penalty, and wrongly call the subsequent goal offside. This won't be forgotten in a hurry. Mind you we were flat as pancakes and collectively blew the penalty deciders in operatic fashion.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X