League Cup 2021 - 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

League Cup 2021 - 2022

If we already have a thread you can ignore this. But... why are there two games in this tournament, this weekend, and then no others? What's that all about?

I read somewhere else that it's allowed if both clubs agree to it.

Comment

I understand the need to squeeze it in around an increasingly packed fixture list for in particular international players at BRCs, but there is something strange about going out of the League Cup in only the second game of the season. Indeed, with the second round to be played on August 24th/25th, 60 of the 92 clubs will be out of the League Cup before the August bank holiday.

Still, Wigan v Bolton in round two will be a big game (round here).
      Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 12-08-2021, 06:42.

Comment

We went out of the league cup in the first game of the season

Comment

I didn't go and watch the Shrewsbury game so missed the rare opportunity to see them win a penalty shoot out.

Comment

Did Newport put out their reserves yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
              Did Newport put out their reserves yesterday?
              It looked a bit like that plus Mike Flynn is isolating.

Zero shocks in the round, time to end this tournament I think.

Comment

Don't say that, Wimbledon just got drawn away to Arsenal!

Comment

This is our most successful League Cup campaign since 2000. We got to the fourth round then, and lost at Maine Road. Our coach got bricked on the way home, not far from the ground, and we had to wait for a replacement. I wouldn't have minded so much if we'd won, but it was a bit cheeky having beaten us tbh.

Comment

Actually, every time we've won through from the first to the third round, we've won the third round tie. So obviously we will beat Arsenal.

Comment

We've made the 3rd round for the first time ever, to then draw Preston away.

We'll probably rotate as much as them - I agree there really is no need for this competition.

Comment

I'm looking forward to my first visit to Arsenal's new gaff tbh.

We're rotating a fair bit in general this season, as it goes. It's the future.

Comment

Burnley away for Rochdale which is a fantastic draw, especially for those of a certain vintage who still consider them our biggest rivals. I don't know how many times I saw us lose at Turf Moor, league or cup, during the period in the late 80's early 90's when we seemed to play each other every other week, but I do know I missed the game that lives on in Rochdale folklore to this day, a 1-0 victory with 9 men, our goal perfectly captured in a series of drawings from a fanzine of the time showing referee Trevor Lunt gathering the ball from the back of the net and racing back to the centre spot with it so the home side could kick off again as quickly as possible.

Comment

I think the competition should continue but with the BRC's having to start every game 2-0 down.

Comment

Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post
                              I don't know how many times I saw us lose at Turf Moor, league or cup, during the period in the late 80's early 90's when we seemed to play each other every other week..
                              And right on cue Futbology gives me a 2-1 defeat there in the league from 1988.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                I think the competition should continue but with the BRC's having to start every game 2-0 down.
                                Even if they play each other?

Comment

Even if they play each other?
                                  Especially if they play each other.

Comment

Wycombe beating City, QPR beating Everton. Fingers crossed.

Comment

City level.

Comment

Goal down against Preston - that'll be our involvement over and done with.

Comment

Make that 2 goals down and goodnight sweetheart.

Comment

City level.
                                            I blame myself.

Comment

Liverpool gift Norwich a penalty which Kelleher promptly saves.

Norwich deserve a goal, frankly, they've been well in the game after their shaky first ten minutes.

Comment

I, for one, can't wait to draw Man City away in the next round.

Comment

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that honour went to Liverpool.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X