No announcement yet.

Bristol Rovers statement concerning alleged assault on a woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely not long now Gas in Name Only. My mate was there today and just sent the message 'Shocking! No more comment'. Probably didn't help his mood to hear that we were in disbelief that Argyle were putting it to Shrewsbury.

Comment

Saturday we managed to play over an hour against a Barrow side down to 10 men and only draw. Needless to say, the consensus that the man is a fraud is growing exponentially.

He did a post game interview in which he said that if he can't get us promoted then he won't get the top jobs he wants. Aye Joey, it's all about you eh

Comment

Just a quick update on how he's getting on following this week's resounding vote of confidence from the owner:

LWLLWDLLLLLWDLLLLLLLLWLDWLLWL
        29 games: W6 (20.7%) D3 (10.3%) L20 (69%)
        22 Feb 2021: 19th in third division, one pending trial for a violent offence
        2 Oct 2021: 20th in fourth division, two pending trials for a violent offence

Happy days

Comment

Friday afternoon press conference update: Joey has been to church this week and realises that he has been sent to help BRFC. He isn't doing it for money, he earns nothing from it, he's doing it because he loves the owner. His playing career was marvellous and his lowest finish was still higher than anything we've ever achieved so he knows how to lead us up the league. He knows the fans are divided (he doesn't mention who they're divided over though eh) but we should be careful about being rude about the owner.

What a dick

Comment

Originally posted by Gas In Name Only View Post
            Just a quick update on how he's getting on following this week's resounding vote of confidence from the owner:

LWLLWDLLLLLWDLLLLLLLLWLDWLLWL
            29 games: W6 (20.7%) D3 (10.3%) L20 (69%)
            22 Feb 2021: 19th in third division, one pending trial for a violent offence
            2 Oct 2021: 20th in fourth division, two pending trials for a violent offence

Happy days
            Hmmm. When you put it like that he doesn't seem to be very successful.

Comment

He's quite happy to take an opening question in a presser and turn it into an 11 minute ramble about himself, his relationship with God, climbing mountains (literal and figurative), the complete lack of achievement in Rovers' history (yes we know Joseph), the fact that his worst was better than our historic best (fuck off Joseph you patronising arse) and much much more.

He was also burning incense in order to dispel negative energy. I thought this was a joke when someone told me but apparently not.

If this were any other club I'd find it hilarious but it's not, it's mine and I'm really angry and sad that all of this is going on

Comment

https://twitter.com/ToteEndBarPod/status/1446442162510614561/photo/1

Comment

Originally posted by Gas In Name Only View Post

If this were any other club I'd find it hilarious but it's not, it's mine and I'm really angry and sad that all of this is going on
                  It's a disaster all round, mate, and Rovers deserve better.

Sometime if you're looking for a game and you want to come to watch Barry, let me know.

Comment

I for one am rooting for your cause GINO. Can’t stand that obnoxious prick Barton, one moment a philosopher, the next he’s stubbing out a cigar in somebody’s eye, or assaulting women.
                    I’m enjoying your updates, have found myself checking the Rovers score and hoping that they have lost (only to hasten the departure of that twat of course, so that you can move on, no ill feeling towards Rovers, who I have found a friendly bunch over the years).

Comment

Anyone would think he spent his playing career hoovering up trophies in the manner of Esteban Cambiasso or Pelé the way he's going on there.

Comment

Every club is beneath him since he left Man City.

Comment

Quick Joey update

https://twitter.com/iamhighlystrung/status/1451985775919304710

No comment from the club despite this Post story saying that several club figures are upset about his choice of analogy

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...ocaust-6106487

Comment

I think he probably meant nuclear holocaust, but still, you'd need to be very thick not to be very conscious, as soon as the word enters your head, that it has that other meaning, which since the Cold War ended has become the predominant one.
                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 24-10-2021, 17:48.

Comment

Barton is many things — most of them unpleasant — but he's far from thick.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                Barton is many things — most of them unpleasant — but he's far from thick.
                                Possibly, but he's not nearly so smart as he believes he is.

Comment

Either way, this has gone down like a cup of cold sick with a lot of fans. Have seen even more saying they aint coming back until he's gone

Comment

Jamie Pollock once said a referee made a “Holocaust” of a decision when he was at Manchester City. However he was thick, though.

Comment

Whatever his intention when he said it (and the apologists have been trying to come up with all sorts), the story has made the BBC, nationals and even induced the Post - usually very careful to tiptoe around anything controversial lest it damage relations with the club - to write a fairly scathing article on the state of affairs at BRFC. It's all very well to say it's getting more attention because of who said it but that's the ride we bought a ticket to when he was appointed.

The rumour mill reckons that various club figures are deeply unhappy with him but while the owner remains onside there's not much anyone can do.

Honestly, I'm used to shambolic incompetence from the club but seriously upsetting people over first DV and now this is several leagues beyond.

Comment

We like to think that one of our better traits as a group is stubborn loyalty even in the face of crap facilities and mind boggling incompetence. These tweets are pretty hard to read tbh but sum up where I've been for the last few months

https://twitter.com/Happilyretire18/status/1452686065702162438

https://twitter.com/kellyoxley/status/1452703385858281474

https://twitter.com/cw_gas76/status/1452709354717728776

Comment

Ah this is sad. I have a soft spot for Rovers and you all deserve better than this.

Comment

In yesterday's post match presser, Joseph fully endorsed the singing of "We'll all be having a party when Matty Taylor dies" by a section of Gasheads at the Kassam

Splendid

Comment

Sorry, but who's Matty Taylor?

Barton stoops lower again. Let's hope he goes down and that ends his time at your club, but by the sounds of things the chairman will stand by him.

Comment

Matty Taylor played for Bristol Rovers, but then crossed over to Bristol City.

He now plays for Oxford, who Rovers were playing in the cup last Saturday

Comment

Thanks Simon.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                                                    Matty Taylor played for Bristol Rovers, but then crossed over to Bristol City.

He now plays for Oxford, who Rovers were playing in the cup last Saturday
                                                    He joined them at the very end of the January deadline day in 2017 when they somehow managed to guess exactly what the secret release clause in his contract was. We looked like we were in with a shot of a third consecutive promotion at the time while BCFC were struggling in the division above. They celebrated his signing with a "welcome to Bristol" slogan and he took part in a promo video tour of the city. He was then apparently surprised when he got given a hard time on nights out thereafter.

The whole affair stank to high heaven, it wasn't just the act itself, it was the way that it was done and then doubled down on. On his first return to the Mem with Oxford a couple of years ago he was given a roasting hot reception and limped off with a suspicious looking "injury" after 20 minutes or so.

All that said, the song in question is in poor taste and the manager trying to curry favour with his fan club by endorsing it is an incredibly poor look. Much preferred Darrel Clarke's interviews at the time when he made some artfully oblique references with a side eye glance to camera. The gulf between the two men in terms of class and wit is enormous,

Anyway, we were 5-0 down at HT in the Boycott Cup at Exeter tonight and lost 5-3. Yes, half a reserve side out in a horrible tournament but it's still painfully embarrassing

Comment

Working...
                                                    X