Eu Turn and Other Managerial Changes in 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambers View Post
    I'm surprised Gareth Ainsworth hasn't been mentioned, due to Burnley's perceived "style". Or is being Blackburn born a disqualifier?
    He's high on the bookies list at QPR. As a very popular ex-player he'd be an immediate fan favourite, but his teams are not our style at all. Nevertheless he's distinct possibility. Some believe no approaches will be made until Wycombe's playoffs are completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post

You'd also think - and I'm glad it hasn't been noticed - that they'd look to take a gamble on a player who did a lot more at Burnley and actually won League 2 as a manager last year.

Fortunately, he doesn't have the profile of one-cap England wonder, Joey Barton - his 24 Northern Irish caps clearly not counting as much.
      Excellent post Sir. Duff is often touted as the next NI supremo

Comment

Maybe not 'touted'

Comment

Bloody stay away!!!

I'm resigned to losing him at some point - but I think we can get one more season out of him. Replacing him will be akin to replacing Steve Cotterill in 2002, and we ended up with bloody Graham Allner*!!!!

*Lovely bloke, by all accounts a fantastic coach, dreadful manager though who lacked the respect of the players.

Comment

Barnsley have apparently made an official approach to speak to Michael Duff. Whilst there is no doubt they are a much bigger club than Cheltenham, I really don't see him going there.

In any case, he appears to be just one of a number of options they're looking at according to one of their local journos, including Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at Burton (which is a name I've heard elsewhere).

https://twitter.com/dougokane88/status/1526970770957778944

Comment

Today's QPR candidate is Jon Dahl Tomasson. Which if true (big 'if') would be at least an interesting appointment.

Comment

Barnsley have apparently made an official approach to speak to Michael Duff. Whilst there is no doubt they are a much bigger club than Cheltenham, I really don't see him going there.

In any case, he appears to be just one of a number of options they're looking at according to one of their local journos, including Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at Burton (which is a name I've heard elsewhere).

https://twitter.com/dougokane88/status/1526970770957778944
                Duff has now been given permission to speak to Barnsley.

Comment

Barnsley have apparently made an official approach to speak to Michael Duff. Whilst there is no doubt they are a much bigger club than Cheltenham, I really don't see him going there
                  Duff grew up in (North) Yorkshire IIRC

Comment

Darlington I think it was, but I could be mistaken. He's a forces child.

His wife is from Cheltenham, and my understanding is that they are very settled back "home". There's absolutely no doubt that he's off at some point, but he's always said it'll have to be the right job.

Comment

Went to Bedale High School, which has a lot of sporting alumni:

https://www.darlingtonandstocktontim...-great-things/

Rural North Yorkshire suggests well-Brexit and fox-hunting but I might be doing him a disservice.

Comment

Dortmund have potted Marco Rose after one season.

Comment

He's a forces child..
                          He was, his father John is ex-RAF, I used to work with him. I think Michael started at Carterton Town when his father was stationed at Brize Norton. John was heavily involved in Services football for most of his career in the RAF.

Comment

​​​​​​Portuguese Twitter accounts are currently going nuts that Ruben Amorim will be offered the PSG job. Has he even got his coaching badges yet? He would be eaten alive, but I guess he'd have little to lose.

I actually think Porto coach Sergio Conceicao could handle the PSG job, players would both respect and be scared sh*tless of the nutter.

Comment

This started with a report in Le Parisien last night.

They are very well connected at PSG, which means that it could be true, but also that it could just be a trial balloon/diversion that the club wants to dominate coverage.

PSG's ties to a Portugal also date to the very early years of the club, in part reflecting the very large Portuguese diaspora in the Ile de France.

Comment

Michael Beale has jumped from nowhere to favourite in the QPR manager run-off. I know nothing about him except that he's been Gerrard's assistant at Rangers and Villa. Either someone knows something or it's a bookie's stalking horse.

Comment

FGR have appointed Notts County manager, Ian Burchnall, as their new Head Coach.

Comment

And the other National League play-off losing coach, Pete Wild of Halifax, also gets a chance to manage in the EFL at Barrow.

Comment

Rangnick's consultancy gig at Manchester United ends with immediate effect

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                        Rangnick's consultancy gig at Manchester United ends with immediate effect
                                        At least he left on a high, what with Liverpool losing the CL final.

Comment

"Do you ever feel you're being cheated?"

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post

At least he left on a high, what with Liverpool losing the CL final.
                                            G-Man has certainly been on social media like Man United had somehow won the fucking thing. I'm now in acceptance, having gone through shock, anger, denial and grief. It's cool. I'm calm. I'm watching the Giro.
                                            Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 29-05-2022, 15:04.

Comment

He does seem to have been somewhat over the top on there.

Comment

Karl Robinson is presently the only name on the QPR bookie's list, As Michael Beale has decided he'd rather remain Steven Gerrard's assistant.

This is turning into a club embarrassment, and is a reflection of how Warburton was let go, and the preceding internal disagreements backstage.

Comment

Have seen that Duncan Ferguson is currently favourite for the Blackburn job.

Seems a bit left-field that one.

Comment

Ferguson could be a good appointment. He's done OK as a caretaker with Everton, and realises he'll never get the big job there.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X