Eu Turn and Other Managerial Changes in 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
    A Man U supporting friend of mine always maintained (and presumably still does) that Laurent Blanc always turned up for them looking like he'd slept in a skip behind the Stretford End.
    Did he put his coat and a couple of cans in the goalmouth, run out on the pitch and clap his hands and yell "come on then!" just before kickoff?

Comment

My mate? I wouldn't put it past him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
        "Pochettino (whose family still live in an apartment in London) is said to be open to the idea of a job at Manchester, as the train times from there to London are similar to the time it takes to get to Paris".

He's not used Northern Rail much, has he.
        Not sure what it's like now, but in the days of Virgin rail, I would regularly commute to Manchester from London and back, rather than staying overnight. I think there was a train every 15 minutes and it took less than 2 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post

Not sure what it's like now, but in the days of Virgin rail, I would regularly commute to Manchester from London and back, rather than staying overnight. I think there was a train every 15 minutes and it took less than 2 hours.
          It is a disaster and typically a rail replacement bus.

Comment

Trains are every 20 minutes and it takes 2h 10m.

Comment

Is this thread about to take a diversion/rail replacement into the merits of/betrayal of the cancellation of HS2/NPR?!!!

Comment

Who can tell what thrills and spills await?

Comment

All I know is it's moved a long way from John Eustace turning us down for personal reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                    Trains are every 20 minutes and it takes 2h 10m.
                    Which is roughly half the time it takes Iarnród Éireann to cover a similar distance between Tralee and Dublin, so seems decent enough speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                      So, say Carrick has an outstanding start and wins nine of his first ten games in charge and the team respond to him brilliantly...
                      Well it looks like Michael is giving this a go...

Comment

Keith Curle unable to hold on to his job at Oldham and leaves after 8 months.

Comment

Simon Grayson also gone at Fleetwood

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Well it looks like Michael is giving this a go...
                            Don't know why they haven't given him a ten-year contract already.

Comment

Slaviša Jokanović sacked by Sheffield United.

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post
                                I said this after Mourinho's exit, but I will never understand Man Utd's refusal to contemplate Mark Hughes as an interim manager. An utter legend at the club as a player and an experienced manager who has had ups and downs with clubs than typically have ups and downs. Does anyone honestly believe Carrick would do a better job? Is there another club in the top flight that would gamble on Carrick as manager?
                                Hughes agent and his bosses and his previous clients is yer answer.

Comment

Our feller will have been in the ejector seat for a calendar year on Dec 5th. We’re looking no better now than then. He has semi thrown our leading scorer under the bus this week who is one of only three players we’ve got who could possibly ever appear in the PL. My match going home game mates are very trigger shy but they’re all wanting him gone now and that normally takes a failing relegation battle.
                                  Our main share holders family used to own Marseilles and as Ursus points out upthread Zidanes on the dole at the moment. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

Don't know why they haven't given him a ten-year contract already.
                                    He should be allowed to write his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                      Slaviša Jokanović sacked by Sheffield United.
                                      They've not officially announced it yet, though if it's anything like when Wilder left they won't say owt until the weekend. There were rumours during the international break that he wanted to walk and they were lining up Heckingbottom as a replacement. Earlier this week he was publicly stating what he wanted from the January window, given that they've got a squad that needs a major overhaul and the massive fuck up they made of the summer doing their business too late and without much success from the signings that came in with the exception of Gibbs-White. Beware of Saudi owners doing a half arsed job of making decisions...

Funny, though.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                        They've not officially announced it yet, though if it's anything like when Wilder left they won't say owt until the weekend.
                                        Ah yes. I was going from the Graun headline which also puts Colin in the frame. But at the bottom it says that it (the sacking) is expected to be confirmed later.

Comment

Now confirmed. Heckingbottom has also been announced as his permanent replacement as the club's football manager (presumably clarifying the "football" in case we thought he was going to manage the HR department or something) on a contract until 2026. 2026!

Comment

Well, you know the way most clubs have an over-arching director of football overseeing the actual football manager these days.

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWs0VSol...dium=copy_link

Comment

Accidentally linked to an Aquascutum overcoat there, that link should work better.

Comment

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1463887628948881412?t=zTVehCs3SzcuXTl82pthLw&s=19

Comment

VIVA THOR RAGNAROCK!

This seems like an uncharacteristically savvy appointment from United, and makes me wonder if Ten Hag is the first choice in the summer. I'm looking forward to seeing how we fuck this up.
                                                    Last edited by EIM; 25-11-2021, 15:45.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X