Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Chris Sutton called it a 'big achievement'

https://twitter.com/chris_sutton73/s...K45bggzvA&s=19

Engagement targets achieved. I'm not certain how many people believe this when they say it, any more, to be honest. Some Everton fans seem to, but their experience of Rafa may have had a distorting effect, there. That's an interesting side effect of his period at Chelsea. Even their fans know what he's like as a manager and you'd expect them to go out to bat for him, no matter what. But I don't quite get that sense that they are.

Comment

Chris Sutton has figured out that being a contrarian pub bore is a profitable niche in the football media landscape. He would argue particle physics with Professor Brian Cox and cut him off after saying "and how many Premier League winners medals have you won?".

Comment

It used to be that you'd have to have won at least a League Cup to get offered the England job. However the dearth of even that recently among English managers inevitably means Frank's name's going to be bandied about, if Gareth does go after Qatar.

Comment

Colin Millar had a good tweet last night, Lampard has taken Derby from 6th to 6th, Chelsea from 4th to 4th and Everton from 15th to 16th.

Comment

You’ve got to admire that level of consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by ale View Post

Just found it tiresome and irritating whatever the level. And for that welcome the fact that the two best managers in league have no need to name call or play mind games with each other. And Tuchel deserves a mention. Its almost as if they all embarrassed about the juvenile carry on of successful managers in days gone by.
              I agree completely, I wasn’t condoning what they got up to, just pointing out that they could wave their medals as t’were.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                Colin Millar had a good tweet last night, Lampard has taken Derby from 6th to 6th, Chelsea from 4th to 4th and Everton from 15th to 16th.
                Everton could still finish 15th, to be fair.

Comment

https://twitter.com/timessport/status/1527670896227495937?s=21&t=im5wsOiBQ-LZkQohja9Hsg

Comment

If Leeds do go down it'll mean all three relegated teams have recent experience in the Championship, and bags of money to play with. Anyone bet against all three going back up next season?

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                      If Leeds do go down it'll mean all three relegated teams have recent experience in the Championship, and bags of money to play with. Anyone bet against all three going back up next season?
                      I thought the same about WBA.

Comment

It doesn't always happen, but it does increasingly frequently. Bournemouth and Fulham (going up) will be passing Watford and Norwich (coming down... again) this year.

Comment

Well you dont bring that much to party, to be fair

Comment

Apart from regularly troubling the BRCs (except Man City) on less than a third of their wage bill.

Comment

I prefer Cristiano Lucarelli's comment "“We Livorno get no favours from the referees because we are Communists!”

Comment

Apparently the Liverpool bus is on fire in Anfield.

that is the chat going around the crews at the ground (plus videos of actual policemen inside the Etihad)

Comment

I did want Leeds to stay up but the fact they are in all lilac rather than all yellow (a kit which they don't currently have, granted) has made me think again.

Comment

Here we fucking go.

Comment

Great go al

Comment

Guess Ray isn't allowed to talk about kit choices.

Comment

Peak Liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                            Guess Ray isn't allowed to talk about kit choices.
                                            Ha ha, it would be been fair comment tbh.

Comment

Robbie Savage's son being on the bench for Man U makes me feel very old.

Is this his first involvement in a league game?,

Comment

Transfermarkt says that it is

Comment

Wolves should be two up.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X