Same Old Top Four: English Premier League 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
    It's been weirdly sterile, this title race, though. Close, and intriguing, but not gripping. No mind games, no outbursts, no dramas.

I get the feeling that these two just don't dislike each other enough. Almost any other pairing of the 'big six' (ahem) would have a bit more needle in it I reckon.
    That a good thing though. Who wants Ferguson or Wenger or Mourinho dominating the media coverage of football with their lack of respect for each other. Them mind games outbursts and dramas one of the reasons started to get irritated with football. Man City & Liverpool have shown you can create great football teams on a more or less adult basis. And yes do get being an adult manager in football is not necessarily same as being adult in real life. But hey its a progressive start at least.

Comment

Pep is a paranoid weirdo and Klopp is a passive-aggressive weirdo. Sometimes just flat out aggressive.

I don't think you get to their level without being weird on some fundamental level.

Comment

That said I fully love Klopp and I don't give a fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
          Pep is a paranoid weirdo and Klopp is a passive-aggressive weirdo. Sometimes just flat out aggressive.

I don't think you get to their level without being weird on some fundamental level.
          Tried to hint at that. But was mainly trying to say how much better football is for the fact that it not a rancorous us or them toxicity that permeated the reporting of football when Ferguson or Mourinho or Wenger dominating English football. Guardiola and Klopp have different ways of playing football but they both are confident they are right and dont waste everybody time by denigrating each other. Just get the impression they have a healthy respect for each other and are secure in their way of playing that hasnst always been apparent in other title challenging managers

Comment

Hmm. At least they (Fergie & Wenger) could back their shithousery up. Like so many things, clowns at a lower level (Evans, Cooper, Barton etc. ad nauseum) just do it based on zero.

Comment

Fronting on nowt, one could say. ((C) EIM)

Of course, Pep and Klopp can back up their shithousery, as much as I wish they'd give it a fucking rest.

EDIT: I should say their touchline histrionics. They're both awful for it.
              Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 18-05-2022, 20:57.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkF View Post
                Hmm. At least they (Fergie & Wenger) could back their shithousery up. Like so many things, clowns at a lower level (Evans, Cooper, Barton etc. ad nauseum) just do it based on zero.
                Just found it tiresome and irritating whatever the level. And for that welcome the fact that the two best managers in league have no need to name call or play mind games with each other. And Tuchel deserves a mention. Its almost as if they all embarrassed about the juvenile carry on of successful managers in days gone by.

Comment

Getting in to some sticky toffee.

Comment

" Just when I think I'm out, they drag me back in again "

Comment

Emile Buendia doing his best for Burnley tonight so far.

Comment

Surprised Snake Plissken isn't on here crowing *

Comment

It's only half-time.

Comment

What the hell has happened to Donny van der Beek?

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                              What the hell has happened to Donny van der Beek?
                              He doesn't fancy it.

Comment

The rest of them clearly do.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                  Surprised Snake Plissken isn't on here crowing *
                                  Too busy being terrified at our game.

Sounds like we got fucked over by VAR again.

Comment

Much like yourself I hide from this thread during matches I have an interest in.

Comment

I should start doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

It looked like a penalty alright. Ashley barnes should have been sent off after about five minutes though. VAR swings and roundabouts I suppose .

Comment

You almost wish you could look at the fixture list and say, sod it, instead of Brentford v Leeds and Burnley v Newcastle, let's have Brentford v Newcastle and Burnley v Leeds.

Comment

I see the 'Lampard is a genius' line is already starting to gain traction amongst parts of the punditocracy on Twitter.

The thing with Everton tonight was that they improved as they embraced Chaos Everton and muscle memory started to supercede whatever the hell it was that Lampard had been telling them to do.

Palace were up for it - Zaha was on the wind-up from a couple of minutes in - but Everton were a *bit* unlucky; the Ayew tackle looked like a red card, was given as a yellow, and two minutes later sure enough, there he is, popping up at the other end to make it 2-0 and it's starting to look like the stars are starting to align against them. It was half-time at Goodison when Burnley scored. Christ knows what the mood in that dressing room was like by the end of half time.

It'd be a stretch to say that Everton were 'good' in the second half (I think have a pretty good idea of how Delle Alli will run when he's 45, and that's not a good sign), but they did claw their way back in and once they got the first goal back and the crowd were back behind them, they got back in amongst the Palace players and were just enough of a pain in the arse to do enough.
                                            ​​​​​​
                                            The league table ain't gonna lie. They're not one of the three worst teams in this division, but it ain't by much.
                                            Last edited by My Name Is Ian; 20-05-2022, 07:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

Barnes should have been off in the first five minutes Snake for that elbow on Mings. So I guess there was some justice. Especially as Barnes almost took Digne's head off with a high boot in the penalty incident that you reference. Still, best of luck to your boys on Sunday.

Comment

This has absolutely ended me.

https://twitter.com/BGrockihi/status/1527392248782110720

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                                  You almost wish you could look at the fixture list and say, sod it, instead of Brentford v Leeds and Burnley v Newcastle, let's have Brentford v Newcastle and Burnley v Leeds.
                                                  Oi!! That would take away our chance to send Leeds down, something I've been looking forward to for weeks

Comment

Originally posted by My Name Is Ian View Post
                                                    I see the 'Lampard is a genius' line is already starting to gain traction amongst parts of the punditocracy on Twitter.
                                                    For guiding a team worth a couple of hundred million to 16th in the table?

Okay, guys.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X