Same Old Top Four: English Premier League 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
    St. Totteringham's Day just gets later and later.
    I think last time it happened was also because of a result at SJP. Our relegated team beating Spurs 5-1. Six years ago. Arsenal were very poor tonight but that doesnt do justice to the way we played. Incredible that a team with everything to play for could be so dominated by a team with so little to play for. The atmosphere was fantastic but that only portrays the visitors as even more lacking in the qualities needed for matches like this.

Comment

It ain't over 'til it's over of course, but I'm mightily surprised at how poor they've been since those (admittedly) impressive victories over Chelsea and United, and a good first half against Leeds.

Newcastle were indeed dominant and didn't let up all match. For this, we're extremely grateful.

Comment

could do the spursy double. spurs lose away at norwich and Arsenal draw at home to everton.

Comment

Arsenal were completely overwhelmed by the atmosphere at those last 2 away games.

cant help fehelng that there will be alot of spurs fans in the stadium on sunday.

Comment

Arsenal probably lost it earlier by not getting enough points in the bank before this tough run-in; specifically the defeats to Palace, Southampton and Brighton. But ultimately they're not good enough.

Spurs presumably are a better bet for getting through the CL group stage anyway: more recent experience and I assume a higher coefficient, meaning a better draw? Arsenal get another crack at the Europa (and even if they fuck that up, a parachute into the Conference League as per Leicester).

Under the new format post-2023, they'd both be in the CL, as would Man U/West Ham* (country performance).

*West Ham can still grab 6th.

Comment

We'll take Arse in the Euro Conf

Comment

They appear to be playing Meat Loaf's 'Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad' during half time at Soton v Liverpool, which is excellent really.

Comment

Just seen on Twitter they've also played 'God Save The Queen' (Sex Pistols version) and 'Two Princes' (I don't know that one).

Comment

I did wonder if the Meat song had a meaning I didn't get, I'm even more intrigued now.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                      Just seen on Twitter they've also played 'God Save The Queen' (Sex Pistols version) and 'Two Princes' (I don't know that one).
                      Southampton fans were singing the National anthem in the first half, sad twats.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                        'Two Princes' (I don't know that one).

The Spin Doctors's biggest hit.

Top trolling, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                          Southampton fans were singing the National anthem in the first half, sad twats.
                          Oh dear, what an embarrassment.

Comment

They have form for this down on South coast. Played stuff like Dirty Cash & Money Talks when we played them. Dont have problem with it tbf.

Comment

Sunday is going to be torture.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                Sunday is going to be torture.
                                It's not, Man City will be 4-0 up by half time. Simply time for reflection on completing yet another season with more points than almost every other "champions" in the Premier era, wishing we'd beaten Brentford, but looking forward to seven stars on the shirt.
                                Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 17-05-2022, 21:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post

It's not, Man City will be 4-0 up by half time. Simply time for reflection on completing yet another season with more points than almost every other "champions" in the Premier era, wishing we'd beaten Brentford, but looking forward to seven stars on the shirt.
                                  Why did you put champions in inverted commas?

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

Probably the mental exhaustion of crafting jinx posts since around December?

Comment

I think if Villa had a decent amount of prep they might make a game of it, before ultimately losing. But playing Thursday-Sunday is going to sap the energy out of them, the squad is pretty thin

City will just passfuck them and then Mahrez gets a tap in. The sky build-up will be great though, I'm sure

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

Because the one time Liverpool won the Premier League it was the Covid asterisk season and they were crowned "champions".

Comment

Last year was "the Covid asterisk season", for the benefit of any halfwits and RANOLDO shirt wearers who came up with such bollocks. The one we won was done and dusted with seven fucking games to spare, before a packed and heartily coughing crowd at Anfield as we played Atletico Madrid.

Not that it triggers me, or anything.
                                          Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 18-05-2022, 05:03.

Comment

Comment

Can't believe that the Irish and Welsh players who have been starring for Man City this season are actually Portuguese and Spanish.

Comment

Haven't watched any of it on the telly, you see, and assumed from radio commentary that they had players called Rhodri and O'Silver. Imagine my disappointment, etc.

Comment

It's been weirdly sterile, this title race, though. Close, and intriguing, but not gripping. No mind games, no outbursts, no dramas.

I get the feeling that these two just don't dislike each other enough. Almost any other pairing of the 'big six' (ahem) would have a bit more needle in it I reckon.
                                                  Last edited by Kevin S; 18-05-2022, 10:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                                    Can't believe that the Irish and Welsh players who have been starring for Man City this season are actually Portuguese and Spanish.
                                                    Can you name the last Irishman to play a League game for Citeh?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X