Olympic Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic Football

This has kicked off today, with GB vs Chile in the women's tournament. At the time of this post it is 1-0 to GB with about 60 minutes gone.

I know that the mention of any GB football team is very controversial around these parts, so I'm not sure how this thread will go down, but presumably the football itself will be of great interest to people (even if it means boycotting games that have "Team GB" in )

Brazil 2-0 up on China

And Sweden, who have looked quite dangerous, just took a 1-0 lead over the US
    Last edited by ursus arctos; 21-07-2021, 08:57.

Comment

I didn't realise this had started until I put 5 Live on in the car just now.

Which non-England players are in the Team GB squad?

Comment

Three midfielders

Sophie Ingle of Wales and Kim Little and Caroline Weir of Scotland
        Last edited by ursus arctos; 21-07-2021, 09:06.

Comment

The heat and humidity is going to have a significant effect on these tournaments

Comment

GB win 2-0 with a brace from Ellen White

Comment

Sweden 1-0 up against the USA at half time

Comment

Discussion of squads (thread merge needed?):

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...21#post2478928

Comment

2-0 Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                    Discussion of squads (thread merge needed?):

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...21#post2478928
                    Ah apologies for that. I didn't see/remember it

Comment

Sweden now 3-0 up, which is a bit of a turn up. I know Sweden are traditionally strong, but the USA are traditionally stronger (indeed, the strongest). I'm sure that they'll still qualify and probebly even still win the tournament, but it's still an eye-catching result

(I mean it will be when it is a result)

Comment

Eye-catching kits as well from Sweden and Uniqlo

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                          Sweden now 3-0 up, which is a bit of a turn up. I know Sweden are traditionally strong, but the USA are traditionally stronger (indeed, the strongest). I'm sure that they'll still qualify and probebly even still win the tournament, but it's still an eye-catching result

(I mean it will be when it is a result)
                          Sweden are a bit of a bogey team for the US though. Last ten games between the two sides are four wins for USA, two for Sweden and four draws.

Comment

The surprise is not so much the result, but the fact that 3-0 flattered the US

Comment

Zambia vs the Netherlands is not exactly a festival of defensive football. 3-1 to Holland after 20 minutes (and should have been 4-1 just then)

On Eurosport (I believe in the Uk too) if anyone wants to watch

Comment

By the way, why are the groups for this tournament labelled Groups E, F, and G? I guess there's no reason why not, but it seems a bit avant garde

Comment

By the way, why are the groups for this tournament labelled Groups E, F, and G? I guess there's no reason why not, but it seems a bit avant garde
                                  Because the men's tournament has taken groups A-D.

It seems odd that there are 16 teams in the men's Olympic tournament but 12 in the women's.

Comment

Zambia vs the Netherlands is not exactly a festival of defensive football. 3-1 to Holland after 20 minutes (and should have been 4-1 just then)

On Eurosport (I believe in the Uk too) if anyone wants to watch
                                    8-1 currently, and there's still 25 minutes left

Comment

10-1 now, we could have another celebrate-gate on our hands

Comment

The gold medal match kicks off at 11am Japanese time, one assumes so as to be on US tv in prime time (10pm EST). Going to look pretty daft if no team from the Americas gets there.

Comment

Uh, according to the BBC it is now 10-3

Comment

The two weakest sides might be in the same group (China, Zambia).

Comment

Maybe if the US spent more time training and less time being celebrities...

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                                                Uh, according to the BBC it is now 10-3
                                                Had a suspicion that that match would be a bit freakish, so I watched it on the train home via LivePlayer.

Comment

Sweden were technically outstanding and their kit is fantastic.

Those late goals from Namibia were crazy too.

I'm stuck at my mother in law's, so watching anything I can find right now

Comment

Working...
                                                  X