Nazio v Mourinho - Serie A 2021/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nazio v Mourinho - Serie A 2021/22

I was hoping to post this in the Serie A 2021/22 thread, but it apparently doesn't exist yet. So I'm starting it. I'll be happy to change the title, if necessary.

So Lazio's new Albanian signing Elseid Hysaj was filmed singing his obligatory newcomer's song. He picked "Bella Ciao" as his number, seeing as it's the theme of a popular TV series. It didn't go down well with the Nazio ultras. "Bella Ciao" is a traditionally anti-fascist song, used by the partisans against Mussolini.

The charming response from the ultras: they sought to confront the player at the team hotel. When that failed, a big banner went up on a Rome bridge, saying: "Hysaj is a worm. Lazio is fascist." Signed by the Ultras. One leader of the ultras told a news agency: "Historically, our fans have always been right-wing extremists. I say that with pride. It's crazy that someone wearing the Lazio shirt should sing 'Bella Ciao'."

At least the club has protested. Values of the club stuff.

There's this thread from a few days ago.

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...22#post2483437

Intriguingly the most recent post on there mentions Bella Ciao

Comment

There was a nice video clip from La Repubblica of Italian fans singing Bella Ciao on the way to Wembley for the semi and Spanish fans joining in. Suggests they weren't Lazio ultras, then.

Comment

Unfortunately Lazio seem to trying to take a middle ground on this, protecting the player but failing to condemn the Ultras. I know the owner has tried to distance the club from them but with little success.

Comment

So Roma played Betis in a friendly. Only the four red cards for roma, including one for Jose. I've got to say that the four betis goals that were less controversial than the third, were properly filthy. The fourth and fifth goals may have made me pregnant, so be warned.

Comment

Most football clips packages are quite slick these days, but that was nicely old school, jumping around all over the place until the big ending, with the grafting on of a different broadcaster for the last goal.

Jose's getting very silvery.

Comment

I never pay attention to pre-season friendlies but this is Jose's routine to "fire up the troops." I'm surprised he didn't go back to the everyone shave their heads to prepare for battle shtick. I have a feeling it will take me about 6 games into the season before I just call it a year on Roma and take a break until he is fired. I hope I'm wrong, but I expect to become much more familiar with the EPL as a neutral this season.

Comment

God knows what Mourinho was thinking here in a pre-season friendly. Surely even Roma’s directors don’t want this kind of attention.

On the plus side any small good v evil victory is well received these days and the thought of Pellegrini casually watching Mourinho implode is a good one. It’s also great that Betis have managed to hold on to Fekir for another season at least - one of my very favourite current footballers to watch. Watching Betis also brings to mind those far away days of innocence when Manchester City and Betis begin wearing Kappa kits in the mid/late 90’s. They remind me of Kinkladze and relegation. Great shirt, though. Betis still with Kappa, not sure many other clubs are.

Comment

Do red cards in friendlies count towards suspensions?

Comment

Usually not

Comment

So it was a free, totally performative strop that he wouldn't pull in a competitive game?

Comment

He's done it often enough on competitive fixtures, but yeah

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                          I never pay attention to pre-season friendlies but this is Jose's routine to "fire up the troops." I'm surprised he didn't go back to the everyone shave their heads to prepare for battle shtick. I have a feeling it will take me about 6 games into the season before I just call it a year on Roma and take a break until he is fired. I hope I'm wrong, but I expect to become much more familiar with the EPL as a neutral this season.
                          I don't know if the game was going very well. I've got to say it's a great advertisement for the certainty of disallowing goals where the forward uses their hand. It's fairly clear that the handball was unintentional. I don't know if anyone would choose to do that, but also he seemed to stop himself from scoring with his hand. But a referee allowing one of those goals is liable to be at the heart of a massive shitstorm. It wasn't just mourinho who was sent off, pellegrini got sent off as well for protesting. If they're not careful, they'll backslide just enough on VAR to do away with all of the benefits that people fail to notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                            Most football clips packages are quite slick these days, but that was nicely old school, jumping around all over the place until the big ending, with the grafting on of a different broadcaster for the last goal.

Jose's getting very silvery.
                            Unless I miss my guess, it's a home edit and commentary from a pirated feed trying to avoid YouTube's automated copyright algorithm.
                            Last edited by Snake Plissken; 09-08-2021, 10:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

Unless I miss my guess, it's a home edit from a pirated feed trying to avoid YouTube's automated copyright algorithm.
                              This is 100% what it is. There was three or four very similar videos, and I had to watch them all to find the best one, because some of them can be worse than useless, and turn into the highlights of a fifa 21 or football manager replay. The big offputting thing about them though is the rapid frequent jumping, which if you've ever had a photo-eplieptic incident will make you unhappy.

Comment

James Richardson will be back on TV screens this season:

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1424703409089912836

Comment

Flying start for Inter - Çalhanoglu with a laser-sharp corner, and Skriniar with a bullet header.

Comment

And the young Turk now opens his own account in style.

Comment

One worth posting the video:

https://twitter.com/NimaTavRood/status/1429123227268304896

Comment

And Vidal (one for the Still Playing Thread) makes it 3-0.

Comment

Toro looking to be a massive improvement under Juric, keeping possession and creating a couple of decent chances in the first half. All to no avail as they are losing 1-0 to an injury hit Atlanta.

Lazio already 3-1 up at Empoli.

Comment

Sarri with a very successful return to the club where he first came to national prominence

Comment

Equaliser from Belotti

Comment

That's harsh on Toro, conceding in the 93rd minute.

Comment

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1429191306123915282?s=21

Comment

Working...
                                                  X