Hollywood Balls - the 2021/22 National League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1422170096181579776?s=19

Southend finally publish their accounts from 2019, this is pre Covid-19 and when they were League 1 iirc.

Comment

I had to look up the winner of the play off last season because I couldn't remember it.

I noticed an interesting pattern in the play off finals over a few years
      2015 - Bristol Rovers beat Grimsby Town
      2016 - Grimsby Town beat Forest Green Rovers
      2017 - Forest Green Rovers beat Tranmere Rovers
      2018 - Tranmere Rovers beat Boreham Wood

And that's the end of the run of beaten finalists going back the next year and winning. Possibly because the league had run out of teams called Rovers.

Comment

Twas a similar thing in the FAC early 70s iirc.
        71. Arsenal beat Liverpool.
        72. Leeds beat Arsenal.
        73. Sunderland beat Leeds.
        74. Carlisle beat Sunderland……..that right isn’t it?

Comment

I've seen a claim on Twitter that Wrexham have sold over 6000 season tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
            This piece by one of Grimsby's new owners is quite impressive https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e_iOSApp_Other
            Indeed it was. They have been making the right noises from the get go and Pete Green also wrote a good article on their take over in WSC 411. We have had a positive pre-season (signing players in good time this season) but I am not sure we'll bounce straight back. There are clubs with bigger budgets (where have Stockport got their seemingly vast cash streams from?) and, currently, we lack a 20 goal a season striker. Despite this, the ousting of John Sheldon Fenty, and the new board's takeover, has seen a wave of positivity sweep across the club and town and it seems everyone is falling back in love with football in GY again.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
              I've seen a claim on Twitter that Wrexham have sold over 6000 season tickets.
              Impressive if true.

Comment

Originally posted by ingoldale View Post

Impressive if true.
                Hence my caveat of seeing it on Twitter...

Comment

I've seen photos of the queues - they're certainly impressively long, winding through the university grounds.

Social distancing not exactly being impeccably observed either (no fucking surprise around here). If everyone was 2m apart, the line would probably snake back to Sainsbury's.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                    I've seen photos of the queues - they're certainly impressively long, winding through the university grounds.

Social distancing not exactly being impeccably observed either (no fucking surprise around here). If everyone was 2m apart, the line would probably snake back to Sainsbury's.
                    For those people not familiar with the Plas Coch retail park near the Racecourse, that's some distance.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Wrexham_AFC/status/1422841812432134144?s=19

Comment

Latest "heard it on the bus" rumour is that we're paying Paul Mullin £7,000 a week. Suppose if Division 2 clubs were after him, those are the sort of wages they'd be dishing out too.

Even when Class of '92 FC were buying promotion, their top earners were allegedly on £4k/wk.

Comment

Jesus. That's horrific. Another reason why we shouldn't allow these money men into football.

Comment

Originally posted by ingoldale View Post
                            There are clubs with bigger budgets (where have Stockport got their seemingly vast cash streams from?)
                            Owner-benefactor Mark Stott, a local businessman who bought the club in the 19/20 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal Staples View Post

Owner-benefactor Mark Stott, a local businessman who bought the club in the 19/20 season.
                              Ah ok, I didn't realise they had been taken over again. Good stuff. Very annoyed they moved our Bank Holiday Monday clash at Edgeley to the Tuesday night mind.

Comment

Just seen the highlights of our 1-0 over Weymouth. Lovely finish from McAtee to get the win. Over 5,000 there which is decent and by all accounts the new fanzone and catering went down a treat. On to Stockport* tomorrow.

*Big early test for both teams I feel.

Comment

Torquay 1-3 Grimsby

A good performance from us after a shaky start. They were better side until 15 minutes in and then we bossed the rest of the half. In the second I thought we looked strong for the first 5 minutes then it descended into a scrappy hoof ball game until we got the clincher in 9 minutes (no serious injuries just lots of stoppages) of stoppage time. I thought Torquay was nice as was their ground and club house which very much reminded of the Pilgrim Lounge at York Street.

Comment

Must have been a real thunder shower at Aldershot - seems their game with Wrexham had to be abandoned on 52 minutes, as the pitch was unplayable.

Comment

We were winning as well... just our luck. We'll lose the rearrangement, mark my words.

Comment

Toilet roll thrown by Grimsby fans at Altrincham...

Comment

Talking of toilets, here’s Ryan Reynolds, strategically positioned in front of Maidenhead’s bogs yesterday evening.

Comment

Every circus needs a ringmaster, even a media service.

Comment

We lost by the way, just so that doesn't get glossed over.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                                Talking of toilets, here’s Ryan Reynolds, strategically positioned in front of Maidenhead’s bogs yesterday evening.

Every time I think I know which one is which I see them together again and I'm totally confused.

Comment

You get confused between Ryan Reynolds and a Maidenhead United toilet?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                    You get confused between Ryan Reynolds and a Maidenhead United toilet?

Don't be silly, Ray.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X