Hollywood Balls - the 2021/22 National League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hollywood Balls - the 2021/22 National League

Rob and Ryan's Wrexham Raiders will have the weight of expectation and the most media focus this season, surely, whilst I imagine everyone's first Deadpool pick will be Dover.
    There are plenty of challengers for the title though, I reckon: Notts County, Chesterfield, Torquay, Stockport all looked good last season, and Grimsby look like they might bounce back under new ownership.

On the board Brian Barwick has been replaced by Jack Pearce, who has been on the National League board for ten years now, so expect little to change and nothing to be learned from their pisspoor handling of things over the last two seasons.
    Last edited by Sean of the Shed; 25-06-2021, 18:04.

The bloody Ryan Reynolds thing. We have someone in the club who is obsessed with us trying to find a Ryan Reynolds despite us being a community owned club. However many times I say, "He can join the Supporters' Society and get one vote like everyone else", he doesn't get the idea.

Comment

Awful isn't it?

Comment

Aye. Hold on, you don't mean "community ownership", do you? I mean, I would sort of see what you mean.

Comment

We won't go up. The football's just become a sideshow to the Wacky Zany Kerraaaaaaazy "Ooh, We Bought A Soccer Team" JUST TAKE THIS FUCKING SERIOUSLY FOR ONE MINUTE, OK? Adventures Of Two Men In Their 40s Acting Like 5-Year-Olds Who've Just Had Too Much Blue Pop.

Eighth... again. Coming 2022 to I dunno? Netflix? Probably Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
            Aye. Hold on, you don't mean "community ownership", do you? I mean, I would sort of see what you mean.
            Nah, I mean the bloody awful bloody Reynolds thing and people wanking over it, whether at Wrexham or elsewhere.

Comment

"The Vanarama League"?!

Is someone getting paid to advertise them here or is there a gag I've missed?

Comment

Should I change it to Vauxhall Conference?

Comment

"Alliance Premier"

Comment

It's officially the Vanarama National League.
                    It was called the Alliance Premier back when everyone used to go straight to the ground after the whistle blew at the factory.
                    I'm happy for it to be changed to the 2021/22 Conference. Best not to use Vauxhall if Vanarama is off limits (other vehicle leasing companies are available).

Comment

I just thought using a sponsored name was very peculiar, especially when completely omitting a competition's non-sponsored name.

Comment

It tends to get called 'The Vanarama' more than it gets called 'The National League'. In my experience anyway. I always preferred 'The Conference' myself, but I was trying to be more up to date.

Comment

This piece by one of Grimsby's new owners is quite impressive https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e_iOSApp_Other

Comment

Wrexham will be sponsored by Tik Tok this season.

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/co...ds-wrexham-afc

Comment

Oh, fucking hell. And just to rub it in, the new shirt's got white sleeves.

WE'RE NOT ROTHERHAM!

And the head of marketing can fuck off 'n' all: “We are proud to play a small part in championing the return of Wrexham AFC to the top-flight of football..."

Eh? We've never been higher than Division 2.

Comment

Tik Tok ain't there for a bi-monthly appearance on BT Sport and a 5% chance of a televised FA Cup game, are they. They're there for the Disney+ docuseries.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                  a 5% chance of a televised FA Cup game
                                  Multiply that by twenty, even if we only get to the first round proper. It's fucking inevitable that the Beeb or ITV will want a slice of the overly-fatty, overly-sugary Hollywood pie.

Comment

I still have no idea what TikTok does and my non-existing desire to find out has now got smaller. Wrexham Lager, Minera Roof Trusses and Ivor Williams Trailers must have been outbid.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

Multiply that by twenty, even if we only get to the first round proper. It's fucking inevitable that the Beeb or ITV will want a slice of the overly-fatty, overly-sugary Hollywood pie.
                                      It's BBC and BT who have the FA Cup. As long as Wrexham get through the last preliminary round and draw a league club then they could get a TV game, definitely if it's a home tie. I'm sure the club are already in talks with the FA about warming up the appropriate balls.

Comment

And ESPN (Disney) have the US rights.

Don't discount their influence, either.

Comment

It's BBC and BT who have the FA Cup.
                                          ITV have taken the latter's share, starting for the 21/22 season.

Comment

It's BBC and BT who have the FA Cup. As long as Wrexham get through the last preliminary round and draw a league club then they could get a TV game, definitely if it's a home tie. I'm sure the club are already in talks with the FA about warming up the appropriate balls.
                                            We are the masters of getting a crap draw and losing in the 4th Qualifying Round. Or getting a good draw and still losing.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

ITV have taken the latter's share, starting for the 21/22 season.
                                              Didn't realise that. At least games will be on domestic telly.

Comment

Fixtures are out today.

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk...xtures/2021-08

Comment

I see one of the more famous National league fans was arrested the other day for being drunk and disorderly.
                                                  The Wealdstone Raider was detained by British Transport Police near London Bridge on Saturday while England beat Ukraine 4-0 during the Euro2020 quarter-final at Wembley Stadium

Comment

Working...
                                                  X