Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hollerbach's Bockwurst mit Senf - Bundesliga 2021/22

The new Spielplan is out.

Bayern kick off against Gladbach, which is fun.

Dortmund play Frankfurt, setting up an OTF derby to get things going.

Bald men will fight over a comb when Köln meet Hertha. Köln will want to win this: the following week they're playing at Bayern.

Newly-promoted Bochum and Fürth play Wolfsburg and Stuttgart respectively.

The 2. Bundesliga starts with a couple of "Kracher".

Schalke - HSV
    Werder - Hannover 96

After facing Dresden on Day 2, HSV has the derby against St Pauli.

Before the last two seasons I correctly predicted that Bielefeld and Bochum would get promoted. This year I'll stay blue and predict Karlsruhe to interfere with the big names.

Comment

And in case you missed it, great stuff from Augsburg . I especially liked the Bayern one
      https://twitter.com/FCA_World/status/1408375724373852160?s=20

Comment

Great effort that and a gauntlet thrown down for the other clubs and, indeed, leagues.

Comment

Wow, that is just brilliant. Some proper laugh-out-loud moments (Bayern, Leipzig, Mönchengladbach). I almost don't want Augsburg to be relegated now. Still, rather them than us.

Comment

2. Liga kits for the season:

https://www.kicker.de/die-zweitliga-...5642/slideshow

Karlsruhe's shirts are both ugly.

Comment

And the 1. Liga kits:

https://www.kicker.de/die-bundesliga...5369/slideshow

I really like Bochum's and Frankfurt's kits, home and away

Fürth's away shirt looks like '90s pajamas top. Dortmund's kit is rubbish, as usual. Hertha's home shirt is hideous. Wolfsburg's neon-green makes me nauseous.

And there are no words for either Rasenmäherbolzer Leipzig's shirts. Away looks like a murder crime scene, and home looks like granny took LSD before she decided to experiment with knitting patterns -- in a bad way.

Köln's away shirt looks like they're channeling the English team they beat last relegation season, but Köln had something like that half a century ago.

Last edited by G-Man; 19-07-2021, 12:50.

Comment

I like the red Frankfurt away (third kit), but the home and second kits just look like preppy polo shirts, and I fucking hate polo shirts. Overall, really poor - I only like Augsburg's and Freiburg's and Bielefeld's, though Leipzig's is at least... different. One of them reminds me of the colours in a Paul Klee painting (I think) that I used to have on my wall in my 20s. I know it's sacrilege to say anything about Leipzig that isn't utterly damning, but not absolutely everything they touch is total shit.

Looking forward to the big opener on Friday - Schalke v Hamburg. That's Bundesliga, right?

Comment

Why does the second tier start so much earlier when there are the same number of teams?

Comment

Rumours that the BL telly deal is going to Sky for 21/22 which is rubbish news for us BT subscribers.

Comment

Sorry, for UK rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                        Why does the second tier start so much earlier when there are the same number of teams?
                        Fewer midweek games? Chance for the top teams' international players to have a break?

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
                          Sorry, for UK rights.
                          In practice, also for Ireland.

Comment

You know, I had that in my head when I started to type but it didn't reach the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                              I like the red Frankfurt away (third kit), but the home and second kits just look like preppy polo shirts, and I fucking hate polo shirts. Overall, really poor - I only like Augsburg's and Freiburg's and Bielefeld's, though Leipzig's is at least... different. One of them reminds me of the colours in a Paul Klee painting (I think) that I used to have on my wall in my 20s. I know it's sacrilege to say anything about Leipzig that isn't utterly damning, but not absolutely everything they touch is total shit.
                              Oh, I think the Leipzig shirts would be atrocious on any team. They're different, all right. In the way Boris Johnson is different. In the way sauerkraut with chocolate sauce is different. Doesn't make them right.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post

Looking forward to the big opener on Friday - Schalke v Hamburg. That's Bundesliga, right?
                                Schalke have a COVID outbreak and have had to suspend training. They say that the match is "not currently in doubt", but . . .

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  Schalke have a COVID outbreak and have had to suspend training. They say that the match is "not currently in doubt", but . . .
                                  Just one case, reportedly, with everyone else in isolation, as though cast away at the bottom of the table. They probably know they're going to lose anyway, so it doesn't make any difference if they play with a full or half a squad.

Comment

I see that Hertha have managed to muck up "blue and white" again

I have no idea why kicker went for Union's third. This is the home.

Comment

Oh, the Horror!... The Horror... (Leipzig's Technicolor Dreamkit)

Comment

I have no idea why kicker went for Union's third. This is the home.
                                        I think it wasn't released yet when kicker did hat compilation

Comment

Stuttgart's are ok. I see Dortmund are saddled with the same candy stripes as us

Comment

I have mostly liked Dortmund's kits but this year I am more worried about who is wearing the kits. Sancho already sold and I can't think that keeping Haaland will be easy.

Comment

I see that Hertha have managed to muck up "blue and white" again

In the 30 years I've been here, I think Hertha have had the worst record for shirts. They've had one or two good ones, but most have been as bad as, or worse than, the latest monstrosity.

The lack of aesthetics at Hertha even extends to the food. Last time I was there, the Frikadellen looked like they'd been used in a food fight en route between the frying pan/microwave and the sales hatch. And the sausages come in bread rolls that are far too small.

Oh, and the bits of cardboard you use to prevent your fingers from getting covered in sausage grease - we in the trade call them Wurstanfasser - are also too small. For a standard Bratwurst, you need the 11 x 3 cm version (which is what I use at the hut, even though we only do Wiener). They use the 8 x 3 cm version, which only, er, cut the mustard for small Nürnberger Bratwürstchen.
                                              Last edited by treibeis; 20-07-2021, 07:26.

Comment

There must be an 11 Freunde feature in that - what size Wurstanfasser does your club have? And does it fit the local Wurst?

Comment

I'm starting to love that Leipzig away kit. You wait, in ten years time everyone will be calling it a daring, innovatory, ground-breaking classic that revolutionised football shirt design for years to come.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X