U's gone for a Burton? 2021-22 League Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U's gone for a Burton? 2021-22 League Cup

The meeting at Grenoble Road is hardly the highest profile of Round One, but offered the best punning opportunities for a title. Elsewhere, new boys Sutton™ will be hoping to Tan Cardiff at home, Charlton host Wimbledon in the Lyle Taylor derby, and there's a West Country encounter between Bristol Rovers and Cheltenham.

Wayne Rooney's Derby County v Class of 92 vanity project must be the best source for a thread header I would of thought.

Comment

Yes, but that was last season's title, so best not to cause confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
        The meeting at Grenoble Road is hardly the highest profile of Round One, but offered the best punning opportunities for a title. Elsewhere, new boys Sutton™ will be hoping to Tan Cardiff at home, Charlton host Wimbledon in the Lyle Taylor derby, and there's a West Country encounter between Bristol Rovers and Cheltenham.
        Another one between Bristol City and Ecotricity FC as well.

A very meh draw for us and I can see us losing.

Comment

Harrogate Town are at home to Rochdale. Three or four days after being at home to Rochdale in the League.
          Last edited by Capybara; 24-06-2021, 19:52.

Comment

Shrewsbury get a home tie against Lincoln. Not very inspiring (sorry Lincolnites, but I'm sure you'd say the same).

I don't know how you would manage a draw like this but it would be great if there was a way to ensure teams didn't play someone from the same division.

Comment

Hasn't the draw been seeded previously?

Comment

It has - I remember they used to to seed the Championship and top half of League 1 teams against the bottom half of League 1 and League 2 from the previous season, with the promoted teams from the National League taking place of the relegated teams from League 2 and the relegated teams from the Prem taking the place of the promoted Championship teams.

Comment

Working...
                X