One 'F' in Fulham - Division Two 2021/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
    Does your electronic scoreboard work though? Ours is hit and miss at the moment.
    It doesn't need to work for the home side's goals.

Comment

Meeting at the EFL tomorrow, takeover expected to be rubber stamped, just in time for us to be probably abject once again for the TV cameras. Almost considered going before I was invited to something else, but the excitement levels here in Hull are rising by the second.

Comment

7-0, 6-2 and 6-2 wins for Fulham in the last week.

Comment

‘Aleksandar Mitrovic hasn’t scored a goal’.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
            7-0, 6-2 and 6-2 wins for Fulham in the last week.
            First time a Football League team scored 6+ goals in three successive games since 1934, apparently.

Comment

They've scored more goals in the last three games (19) than we have all season (16 in 24 games).

Comment

Originally posted by Fearful Symmetry View Post
                Meeting at the EFL tomorrow, takeover expected to be rubber stamped, just in time for us to be probably abject once again for the TV cameras. Almost considered going before I was invited to something else, but the excitement levels here in Hull are rising by the second.
                Look like it's gone ahead, great news for you I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Reverend View Post

Look like it's gone ahead, great news for you I hope.
                  It is, I ended up going last night, more later in the match going thread but let's just say there's a lot of happiness around here at the moment.

Hoping something good happens for your club soon as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearful Symmetry View Post

It is, I ended up going last night, more later in the match going thread but let's just say there's a lot of happiness around here at the moment.

Hoping something good happens for your club soon as well.

Thanks, although to be honest we deserve the shit. THat said, I'm going for the march on Sunday with my dad, the copper, I really will miss Derby

Comment

Having suffered Hammam and Tan in a former life, I can understand the joy Hull fans have at finally getting rid of the Allams.

However, I'm a little concerned at what appears may be unquestioning devotion to this new owner. On the face of it, do we know he's any different from the other "White Knight" rich owners just adding any English club to their personal portfolio.

Obviously he doesn't want to change the club's name or (that we know of) scam an ownership deal for the ground and land around it so the Anyone But Allam factor is immediately compelling.

I just hope there is a level of healthy scepticism and it doesn't turn out to be (as it was with Hammam and Tan) 'Meet the new boss, even worse than the old boss'.
                      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 20-01-2022, 12:50.

Comment

Oh, I'm under no illusion that it could go spectacularly tits up, I'm knocking on the door of 40 years as a City supporter, so I've been through a fair whack of iffy owners. But the initial noises seem to be reasonably positive, he's a publicity dream (the much loved old club badge on his private jet, announcing the takeover on the Turkish version of The Voice, club shop to be opened in Istanbul) and he's already cleared the loan from the EFL which enables us to buy players again. Small steps, and all that.

Comment

Acun is a very astute businessman who knows how to play the game. He's brought many franchise TV shows to Turkey and managed to become extremely wealthy over a 20 year period.

However, he must be connected to Erdoğan to have achieved this.

Comment

Forest v Derby descends into a mass brawl before and after the end of the game, helped in no small part by the gobby twats on both teams, not least Forest's goalkeeper, and captain.

Comment

Am I right in thinking that but for other clubs' points deductions Tan Utd would be right in the relegation mire?

Comment

Am I the only one struggling with the fact that Ian Wright's grandson is playing professional football?
                                D'Margio Wright-Phillips opened the scoring in the Stoke-Fulham game today. Son of Shaun W-P.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                  Am I right in thinking that but for other clubs' points deductions Tan Utd would be right in the relegation mire?
                                  Yup

And five points behind Reading, which would have the last safe place

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                    Am I the only one struggling with the fact that Ian Wright's grandson is playing professional football?
                                    D'Margio Wright-Phillips opened the scoring in the Stoke-Fulham game today. Son of Shaun W-P.
                                    You're not the only one, he was mentioned on the matchgoing thread two weeks ago and indeed on the the previous page of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                      I think they are in the battle to avoid the drop as they've got no manager in and are gambling on a former player to save them, Steve Morrison. I'd expect Hull to pull clear with some money from Acun buying in a couple of players.

Our win today has given us some breathing space, the Paterson saga needs to be solved quickly as it's a big diversion.

Comment

While it seems as if Morison really should be a former Tan Utd player, he actually isn't. I assumed he'd turned out for them too.

Sadly I think they're safe unless some financial chicanery can be unearthed.

Comment

Journalist - "Bournemouth had the ball for 90 minutes, more than 70 per cent"

McCann - "They can take the ball home, I'll take the 3 points"

Comment

West Brom losing at home to Preston. I like that, the more distance behind us the better.

Comment

Plenty of WBA fans don't mind it either, as they hope it has hastened the departure of Valerien Ismael from the club.

Our football is unwatchable at the moment. The midfielders are only there to hook balls forward. The strikers' task is to pressure defenders into conceding throw-ins, then Darnell Furlong wanders forward to dry the ball before hurling it hopefully into the box. I think I'm right in saying we have never once used a system that isn't 3-4-3. Ismael has now fallen out with Sam Johnstone following earlier conflicts with three other players. His new £7 million signing is out for 8 weeks after making a single start.

Thing is that a club that didn't give Darren Moore or Slaven Bilic a proper chance handed Ismael a 4-year contract to carry out a long-term project. So I don't think the mood at the Hawthorns is going to pick up any time soon, though fans were singing Bilic's name during last night's defeat.

Comment

I agree. It always seemed an odd appointment. Ismael's relative success at Barnsley was predicated on having three young forwards who could run like express trains for 45 minutes, then sub them for another three doing the same at half time. West Brom didn't, and don't, appear to be built for that approach.

Comment

I saw the highlights of the West Brom - Preston game which amounted to a stream of North End chances of which they took two. Unless the editing was particularly skewed against them it looked a bit worrying for The Baggies.

Comment

It wasn't skewed. There was one moment for Albion ; a pass from Grady Diangana behind the defence for Adam Reach, but Alex Mowatt skied his effort from the cutback. That was it.

AdeC is right too, in that Diangana and Callum Robinson aren't forwards for this way of playing. Karlan Grant isn't either, but his goals have won us the odd game, usually when he cuts in from the left and shoots right-footed. QPR at the Hawthorns were among the sides to fall for this - twice - but only after outplaying us for the first 70 minutes. Ismael has also tried to turn Matt Phillips, a 30 year-old who's been a right winger for most of his career, into a centre-forward.

I'm tired of Albion firing coaches after a few months, and have actually lost a lot of interest in them because they keep doing it. I still want Ismael to stay and to succeed, but there'll need to be flexibility on his part for that to happen, and flexibility is decidedly not his foremost quality.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X