One 'F' in Fulham - Division Two 2021/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
    Never understood the cult of Holloway. He's always seemed like a pretty rotten man.
    Opinions on managers are almost always subjective, and filtered through their experience at your own club. Thus Holloway and Warnock will always have a place in the hearts of QPR faithful. Bias aside, AFAIK, I'd say Holloway is overall a nice guy, an average manager, and a lousy, though amusing, pundit. Given the right circumstances he's good a instilling belief in a bunch of odinary players. He's no tactician — far from it — but can cement a team together. He doesn't make a big deal of it but his three daughters have been deaf from birth, and many of his career choices have been based on finding support and schooling for them: "it's been a fight all the way along to get proper provision for the girls, especially a good education. There's been rows, tribunals, appeals and endless phone calls. We have been labelled as bolshie parents. My view is that every child in the world has the right to be educated properly and whether your eyes or ears don't work is irrelevant. But the system at the moment makes it difficult."

Comment

What's going on at Cardiff?

Comment

The McCarthy malaise has set in quicker than usual.

Comment

I was pondering going to Fulham v Swansea with a mate tonight. It was going to be a last minute call so we were going to rock up and go in the away end.

We realised Fulham whack a £5 surcharge on top of the already expensive £25 advance ticket for paying on the gate?

Is that level of additional gouging the norm in D2? We didn't end up going for other reasons but thirty fucking quid.

Comment

it's on ESPN+

You could get a subscription and tell months of a VPN for less

Comment

Coventry’s recent run of form going off the rails as the good Luton turn up and score three before half time. That could all change of course.

Comment

I'm beginning to think Bristol City might actually get enough away points to stay up this season. Give it 45 more minutes, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                  As it happens the sending off incident he was whining about was a very harsh decision against his player
                  So harsh in fact that it was overturned

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                  I was pondering going to Fulham v Swansea with a mate tonight. It was going to be a last minute call so we were going to rock up and go in the away end.

We realised Fulham whack a £5 surcharge on top of the already expensive £25 advance ticket for paying on the gate?

Is that level of additional gouging the norm in D2? We didn't end up going for other reasons but thirty fucking quid.
                  The extra £5 for paying on the door sounds dodgy but £30 doesn't sound particularly high for the Championship, Wednesday were charging £35+ a few years ago already

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

In March 2020, Fulham were due to play Brentford but it was one of the first matches to fall victim to the lockdown.

Still, silver linings and all that. Saved me £35.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                      So harsh in fact that it was overturned

The extra £5 for paying on the door sounds dodgy but £30 doesn't sound particularly high for the Championship, Wednesday were charging £35+ a few years ago already
                      Yeah, aware Wednesday (at least) have gone higher but it was more the 20% mark up that shocked me.

Comment

Watching Barnsley v Forest. I doubt whether Markus Schopp is going to survive much longer.

Comment

I wonder what went wrong for Coventry today? Rather out of the blue, that one.

Comment

Wayne Rooney is becoming a very impressive manager.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                              Watching Barnsley v Forest. I doubt whether Markus Schopp is going to survive much longer.
                              It would be the third consecutive season they've lost a manager in October.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                I wonder what went wrong for Coventry today? Rather out of the blue, that one.
                                Luton have both won and lost 5-0 at home already this season.

Comment

A win! 3 points! A clean sheet! A change of formation! Beating a Warnock team!

Hold me, someone.

Comment

What's going on with the old stand at Barnsley? Club have announced it's being closed due to safety concerns, but council inspectors have said it's fine. Something not quite adding up there.

Comment

No one knows what's going on.

Basically, the new owners bought the club from the Cryne family, but the Cryne family and Barnsley Council still own the ground. The new owners would like to buy the ground too, however the parties involved can't agree on a price. Because of this, the new owners refuse to spend any money on Oakwell (the scoreboard is suddenly 'broken', the cleaning isn't great, the bare minimum being spent on maintenance, etc). In conjunction with this there are rumours that the club are having difficulties employing stewards, which means we can't sell as many tickets in the away end as before.
                                      This led to the new owners declaring that the West Stand (where the TV gantry is situated) was suddenly unsafe and all 1,100 season ticket holders would have to relocate immediately. In the same announcement though, they said that it was still safe for journalists to sit in... So there's two schools of thought now. 1. This is just part of the ongoing effort to devalue Oakwell and lower the price. 2. If the West Stand is shut then the stewards from there can be deployed in the away end meaning we can sell more tickets. It's probably a bit of both really.
                                      As ever with these things, the main people suffering are the fans - specifically the season ticket holders who've been in the oldest part of the ground for decades and decades. On the bright side though, at least as those fans settle into their new seats away from other fans they've sat near to for fifty years plus, they'll be able to look out onto electronic perimeter advertising that the club proudly announced a week earlier.

We're heading for bleak times.

Comment

Well the season ticket holders have all been moved out, or in some cases given refunds after their decades of support (I've read of two fans sat together with a collective 94 years of support who have taken the refund), and guess what? We've doubled Sheff Utds ticket allocation to 4,000. At the same time we've stopped selling tickets to home fans until all the West Stand fans have been relocated.

So right now we're selling tickets to away fans (at £36 a ticket) while not allowing home fans to buy any.

Comment

Just watched Swansea v Tan United, I wouldn't normally bother but I'm in my hotel in Manchester waiting for the second day of the speedway to start.

Christ, Tan U are both absolutely rubbish and absolutely vile, filthy bastards. The 3-0 scoreline flattered them despite the fact that, according to commentary, they started with five centre halves.

McCarthy must be going to get the sack and I'm still pretty sure Mike Flynn will replace him, as I said on the D3 thread when he left Newport.
                                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 17-10-2021, 13:08.

Comment

I really hope Flynn doesn't go there, it's a club in a real mess, again. McCarthy stabilised them and then should have been replaced giving a new manager a chance, now they are again involved in a relegation battle.

Comment

I think I read that Cardiff had six centre-halfs in their defeat to WBA.

Speaking of which, WBA vs Birmingham on Friday was a shocker. I'm glad I haven't got a season-ticket condemning me to watch Ismael's football - or Bowyer's, come to that. Until Karlan Grant came up with the game's only moment of quality, Blues had the better chances, only for Hogan to fall over in front of goal and Sunjic to hit the bar from 8 yards. I did find a video later about a bunch of Blues fans who took a cruise to the game - 2 hours on a canal boat from the city-centre to a mooring spot near the Hawthorns. Way more fun than the 90 minutes that followed.

Comment

Good career move for Robbie Brady, as he signs for Bournemouth - that said, with the start they've made to the season, he's likely waiting for an injury to happen before he gets a first team opportunity.

Comment

Miserable defeats at Huddersfield are a relative norm in the life of Hull City fans, but Saturday doesn't seem to have been made any better by the manager's insistence on returning to the formation that saw us plummet into the bottom 3. It's almost like he's on a wind up or something.

Comment

I don't take loads of interest in events over the river so I've only just realised that Forest scored twice in injury time to win 2-1. Puts our concession of an equaliser and two red cards in the last two minutes into perspective I guess.

BCFC not won at home since January

Comment

Working...
                                                    X