One 'F' in Fulham - Division Two 2021/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sits View Post
    Madejski had it built so it was only ever called The Madejski Stadium AFAIK. It’s not next to a beautiful old park or stately home to give it a proper name. Junction 11 Stadium?
    The Biscuit Tin?

Comment

Well, should I park my pessimism from my previous post? Completely unexpected result, and a great way to start the season. And great to see Richie Smallwood notch a goal and an assist, as some of our more knuckle headed fans were calling for him to be dropped and even sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

The Biscuit Tin?
        That's Walsall's ground.

Comment

Looking at Bristol City's squad this season, our first choice strikers are Chris Martin, who has scored 27 goals in his last 160 games and Nahki Wells, with the slightly more impressive 35 goals in 129 appearances. Creating chances has been a real issue for two seasons now, and the players signed by Nigel Pearson don't look like they'll address this problem any time soon. Ashton Gate has also become an unofficial retirement home for ex-Leicester City players once under Pearson in Danny Simpson, Matty James and Andy King, the latter having made a grand total of one appearance last season in the Belgian top division.
          I'm really not filled with confidence, and having seen us trying but failing to hang on to a 1-0 opening day win at home to Blackpool, can see this being a long old season for us.

Comment

Everything is fine, don’t worry about the details, which may be a bit intricate for you:
            An update to our supporters on embargo restrictions and positive discussions with the EFL

Comment

Does anyone have a link to an actual story about this? Birmingham City, a raffle of some sort and a stand?

https://twitter.com/LeMod18751/status/1425539866834653190

Comment

There are serious structural problems in the Kop and Tilton Road stands and a lot of repair work is required. These were the first stands at St Andrews to be rebuilt after Hillsborough, and they are going to be closed for the first two home games of the season. More here :

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...drews-21281327

Comment

This link might be more useful - the Birmingham Evening Mail has written an 'open letter' to the club.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...-asia-21294615

Comment

Originally posted by jameswba View Post
                    There are serious structural problems in the Kop and Tilton Road stands and a lot of repair work is required. These were the first stands at St Andrews to be rebuilt after Hillsborough, and they are going to be closed for the first two home games of the season. More here :

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...drews-21281327
                    Were they the ones it was alleged Karren Brady had designed?

Comment

They would be, though I don't know that story. What they need now is Barry Fry to come back and piss in all four corners again, as he supposedly once did in an attempt to lift the old curse over the ground.

Comment

Second game in and no one has a 100% record. That's division two alright.

Comment

Now confirmed, Tom Huddlestone returns to The Circle. Still a popular figure around these parts, and I dearly hope that he can still do a decent job for us.

Comment

Heck of match at 'Boro tonight. Coming back from a goal down with ten men is the type of win that builds a crate-load of self belief.

Comment

We hid from it in France.

Comment

3 games in, 3 games after a FUCKING TITLE WIN, and fans booed the team off on Wednesday night. I don't go any more mainly because of the ownership, but our drooling vegetable section of the fan base are reason enough too.

Rumours abound that a striker is coming in, and the names mentioned are Will Grigg and John Marquis. Yippee.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
                                  We hid from it in France.
                                  Ah, probably wise. Home fans weren't happy of course, and many left early in spite of the ref awarding a Fergie-esque 10 minutes of additional time. Nevertheless I was sure Colin was going to spontaneously combust after the final whistle.

Comment

https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/1428828806580690947?s=19

An excellent 3 points from this goal. With so many first choice players out through injury and then two with positive Covid-19 tests it's an unbelievable result.

Comment

Maybe not that unbelievable given that Bristol City haven't won at home since January.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

Ah, probably wise. Home fans weren't happy of course, and many left early in spite of the ref awarding a Fergie-esque 10 minutes of additional time. Nevertheless I was sure Colin was going to spontaneously combust after the final whistle.
                                        I have also heard reports of two soft goals, but then of course you might say much the same.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                                          Maybe not that unbelievable given that Bristol City haven't won at home since January.
                                          Have you seen our team and bench?

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                                            12 home games without a win now, which is a new club record. Gonna be a long season.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post

I have also heard reports of two soft goals, but then of course you might say much the same.
                                              Lumley should certainly have stopped our second goal. That type of of mistake is why he isn't playing for us any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearful Symmetry View Post
                                                3 games in, 3 games after a FUCKING TITLE WIN, and fans booed the team off on Wednesday night. I don't go any more mainly because of the ownership, but our drooling vegetable section of the fan base are reason enough too.

Rumours abound that a striker is coming in, and the names mentioned are Will Grigg and John Marquis. Yippee.
                                                Grigg is available on a free I believe. Take him. Please.

Comment

How's that European Tour from Amsterdam to Kazakhstan working out eh, United?

(I mean, they'll shoot up when the league when either the two bob Prince spends some money or Jokanovic works out you have to play 3-5-2 with the available squad, but I'm going to enjoy this for the time being)

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

Lumley should certainly have stopped our second goal. That type of of mistake is why he isn't playing for us any more.
                                                    And why we replaced Bettinelli, but the early indications are that we haven't upgraded.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X