One 'F' in Fulham - Division Two 2021/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

I hope that never included changing the colour palette, but given some of the design crimes they've tried, I'm not sure that something like silver fascia was never proposed
    No, more substantive stuff. The current stadium has no room to expand. It's hemmed by residential buildings. Rebuilding on the current site, to EFL specs, would reduce current capacity — everyone who's ever visited knows the seating is for Hobbits only — and it's less than 19,000 as it is. Pretty much since they took over the club the present owners have been looking for a suitable site for a new ground. But in West London — where they insist the club should remain — that's not at all easy.

Comment

So how are the Bournemouth fans supposed to get home tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
        Turkish media appear to be reporting that the Hull City takeover has gone through this afternoon. I'm sure there won't be many round here counting any chickens just yet...
        Club statement has just gone out about due diligence. We've been here before, mind you, so I'm not even thinking of celebrating just yet.

And I've literally given up commenting on the state of the club on the field, other than the manager is a clueless muppet.

Comment

Bristol City won at home for the first time since January with a 2-1 victory against a Barnsley team who would be bottom were it not for Derby County, yet on the day created more chances than City - 12 (4 on target) .v. 18 (7 on target).
          We are not a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Delicieux View Post
            Bristol City won at home for the first time since January with a 2-1 victory against a Barnsley team who would be bottom were it not for Derby County, yet on the day created more chances than City - 12 (4 on target) .v. 18 (7 on target).
            We are not a good team.
            Congratulations all the same

What's the feeling about the manager? I don't pay loads of attention but on the face of it he's not done a great job since coming in

Comment

https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/1454749991696732161?t=zDBlTt0re_aSGFR-EWCNpA&s=19

A goal straight from the kick off without Peterborough touching the ball. It took 90 seconds though.

My initial fears about Russell Martin seem to have gone, we're playing decent football and getting some results. We've got a lot of players out of contract at the end of the season so it'll be interesting to see what happens in January. With some decent decisions thinks are looking much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Gas In Name Only View Post

Congratulations all the same

What's the feeling about the manager? I don't pay loads of attention but on the face of it he's not done a great job since coming in
                The poor home record and creating fewer chances than pretty much everybody we play is even causing one or two of the more hopelessly loyal fans to utter their displeasure.
                That Ashton gate is looking a little bit like a retirement home for his ex-Leicester players hasn't helped.

Comment

This is a list of Sky's Div 2 match choices so far this season. As you can see it significantly favours four clubs above the rest. You might think this would work to their advantage — more exposure — etc. In fact it totally buggers up training and recovery time. OK, I admit I have an axe to grind as our squad is small, and tends to be a mix of younger players and more experienced ones with a manageable chronic injury history. Also — and this is personal — Sky's matches don't always get shown in many other countries around world. What's more I, and others, pay for the club's official feed. When Sky has a match, that doesn't happen. In the past QPR has given overseas fans a rebate. However that costs them money which may, or may not, be balanced by the Sky money (which the club has said isn't that much.)

/rant over

Comment

Yes, the QPR fans at the Wembley game on Saturday were miffed about their over-regular Sky matches.

Comment

Last week's London Football Guide said QPR don't have a Saturday 3pm game until December 18th.

Comment

That's right. My post up-thread is a bit self centred. It's worse for a lot of local fans, especially those who travel. Many buy tickets well in advance to take advantage of cheaper fares. Some revised match dates don't give enough notice to change them. Others have arranged to meet up with friends or relatives, and/or take time off work. All screwed as the game doesn't happen at its scheduled time.

Comment

Christ Cardiff are dreadful, I feel for their fans. Horrible match. We won, but it was probably our worst performance of the season.

Comment

What's happening at St. Andrews?

Comment

Dunno. They've won three in a row, but this is a division where fourteen teams are covered by six points. If anyone puts any sort of run together they'll either be dreaming of Wembley, or worrying about trips to Accrington.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                Christ Cardiff are dreadful, I feel for their fans. Horrible match. We won, but it was probably our worst performance of the season.
                                I bet rick derris was pleased, despite the performance.

Comment

You're 3-0 down away to Lee Bowyer's Birmingham City, but manage your first shot on target in second half injury time:

Comment

Fucking hell Rhian Brewster scored a goal, his first league goal for the Blades at the thirty fifth attempt. Not that it seems to be doing them much good mind.

Comment

I think I mentioned this last season but Preston are the most erratic and unpredictable team in this division.

Comment

And the worst to watch (except for Cardiff.)

Comment

Losing at home to Hull, ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                            Fucking hell Rhian Brewster scored a goal, his first league goal for the Blades at the thirty fifth attempt. Not that it seems to be doing them much good mind.
                                            He should have gone back on loan to Swansea, he looked excellent with us.

Comment

2-1 up against ten-man Coventry City, you say?
                                              Entering the final fifteen minutes of play?
                                              Sounds like that's in the bag, what could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                                                I think I mentioned this last season but Preston are the most erratic and unpredictable team in this division.

Although Blackburn are challenging North End in this respect.

Comment

Hmmm, a temporary glitch in the matrix, or are Barnsley really that bad? Still, nice to see 2 of last seasons stand out stars get on the scoresheet. With some mad names being bandied about for the managerial hot seat should the takeover go through (Shota Arveladze, among others) maybe McCann might be going out in a blaze of glory. Or maybe I'll wake up soon.

Comment

Shota makes sense if Acun takes over. He's managed in Turkey.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X