One 'F' in Fulham - Division Two 2021/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

Opinions on managers are almost always subjective, and filtered through their experience at your own club. Thus Holloway and Warnock will always have a place in the hearts of QPR faithful. Bias aside, AFAIK, I'd say Holloway is overall a nice guy, an average manager, and a lousy, though amusing, pundit. Given the right circumstances he's good a instilling belief in a bunch of odinary players. He's no tactician — far from it — but can cement a team together. He doesn't make a big deal of it but his three daughters have been deaf from birth, and many of his career choices have been based on finding support and schooling for them: "it's been a fight all the way along to get proper provision for the girls, especially a good education. There's been rows, tribunals, appeals and endless phone calls. We have been labelled as bolshie parents. My view is that every child in the world has the right to be educated properly and whether your eyes or ears don't work is irrelevant. But the system at the moment makes it difficult."

The view of Holloway at Rovers is a bit of an odd one - the consensus seems to be that he's a club legend but we wouldn't want him anywhere near us again (though I'd take him if it meant the present incumbent fucked off). He's always had an individual way of expressing himself and has perhaps been encouraged to exaggerate this for media cash and his views rarely hit the mark - I never read his Bristol Post column and whenever I see anyone commenting on it I tend to just roll my eyes and move on.

All that said, you are entirely correct about his family life and he's an honest guy who'll fight for what he sees as right. I'm still quite fond of him despite everything

Comment

BCFC not won at home since January

They're a fly in our ointment though, won a few weeks back at our gaff, same last year. The only other matches we've lost are against the top three away from home. Bit of a bogey for us City are.

Comment

Another miserable defeat, against a bona fide relegation rival, and the manager washes his hands of blame. Considering we're a pretty tolerant bunch when it comes to managers (it's been the best part of 25 years since a concerted campaign to remove one), hearing that there's more people calling for his head and chants of "We want Brucey back" (please, no) is adding to the feeling of discontent and woe, all from a team that won a league a few short months ago.

We've had worse times, but they never felt as spirit sapping as this. We need a takeover to happen, and quickly.

Comment

For fuck's sake, what a laughable excuse for a football club! ;

https://twitter.com/bbcsportwales/status/1451126122603851778?s=21

Comment

It's probably to distract from the court case.

Comment

About the Sala flight? They're not currently implicated in that, are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                About the Sala flight? They're not currently implicated in that, are they?
                Not directly but I'm sure they've not paid the transfer fee fully.

Comment

I'm sure they haven't but that's not really directly related to the trial.

I think the complaints about the derby are just sour grapes, thin-skinned pomposity and a pitiful attempt to try and claim the moral high ground.

Knowing one of the people mentioned in the story, that's exactly his MO.

Comment

A steward was also removed from the ground for doing the Ayatollah on multiple occasions. That was reported once.

Cardiff and moral high ground aren't words that are found in the same system often which is why I thought it was related to Sala story.

I did a search but couldn't find the thread but it really does look like manslaughter, horrific for the family to find out that people's greed killed their son and brother.

Comment

Rinse, repeat. Only this week McCann has turned on the players. That always ends well, I find.

Comment

Turkish media appear to be reporting that the Hull City takeover has gone through this afternoon. I'm sure there won't be many round here counting any chickens just yet...

Comment

Acun used to own half of Fortuna Sittard btw.

I've met him briefly, really not sure what to make of him, he's obviously business smart because of the shows and franchises he's brought to Turkey but to be so successful he's got to have close contacts with the AKP.

Comment

Forest look to have improved rather dramatically since the beginning of the season

And Loftus Road still looks like Loftus Road, which is increasingly rare these days

Comment

Never knew Steven Reid had taken over as manager at the City Ground.

Comment

I've seen four Forest home games and four defeats under Hughton this season. I always rated him as a manager but I think relations ith a number of key players and increasingly, the crowd had broken down. A perfect situation for a new manager bounce. In fact, the improvement was evident in the first post-Hughton match at Huddersfield before Cooper had been appointed.

I'm also beginning to see why Brentford were so keen on signing Brennan Johnson.

Comment

And as I say that Rangers take the lead.

Comment

Heh! Uncle Albert does it again

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                      Forest look to have improved rather dramatically since the beginning of the season

And Loftus Road still looks like Loftus Road, which is increasingly rare these days
                                      It's literally impossible for it to look like anything else. Except that it's called Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium these days.

Comment

Two (relatively) early positive subs for Forest. Taylor for Grabban and Mighten for Figueiredo (a defender).

Now that's a move Hughton wouldn't have made.

Comment

It's literally impossible for it to look like anything else. Except that it's called Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium these days.
                                          It isn't listed, is it?

Comment

Fair result. Though I wouldn't have bet on Colback as the scorer.

Comment

It isn't listed, is it?

No but location, and present EFL rules make it virtually impossible to change. The club has tried, believe me.

Comment

Bollox. More points given away in additional time. It's happened far too often lately.

Comment

It isn't listed, is it?

No but location, and present EFL rules make it virtually impossible to change. The club has tried, believe me.
                                                  I hope that never included changing the colour palette, but given some of the design crimes they've tried, I'm not sure that something like silver fascia was never proposed

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                                                    Two (relatively) early positive subs for Forest. Taylor for Grabban and Mighten for Figueiredo (a defender).

Now that's a move Hughton wouldn't have made.
                                                    That's not a Steve Cooper move either, he was heavily criticised for his late use of substitutes when it was often too late.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X