X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jwdd27
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    I don't know how old you are but would imagine it is most prevalent amongst people of my age whose formative football experiences included Clough & Taylor's astounding achievements with Forest. I was ten when they won the first European Cup.
    Similar to me, Forest are a "big" team - Liverpool v Forest, or Forest v Man United, or even Tottenham v Forest, they all seem like big games.

And, for selfish reasons, as I work quite close to Huddersfield's ground and could do without the disruption that Premier League games cause.

Plus after Forest beat Huddersfield in the cup I prophesied to Town fan colleagues they would lose to them in the play offs, so would like to be proved right.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    There was of course a period in the mid 80s when Nottinghamshire (and particularly Forest) was linked with the scabbing miners, especially by fans of teams from areas that were on strike.

Despite that, and despite them facing a team from Yorkshire in blue and white stripes, I want them to win

Leave a comment:

• Jimski
    replied
    Yeah, I don't remember the European Cup wins, but I do remember his mid to late 80s teams that were always exciting to watch, and seemed to produce talented players from nowhere.

I work with a Notts County fan, and even he wants Forest to win.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    I don't know how old you are but would imagine it is most prevalent amongst people of my age whose formative football experiences included Clough & Taylor's astounding achievements with Forest. I was ten when they won the first European Cup.

Leave a comment:

• Jimski
    replied
    It's amazing how popular Forest are amongst neutrals. Pretty much everyone I know, no matter whom they support*, is hoping for them today. (I myself always used to love them under Brian Clough, and still feel some of that affection now.)

* Evidently I don't know any Derby fans!

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Hmm. I rather like away fans being directly behind one goal, if possible.

Leave a comment:

• Fearful Symmetry
    replied
    Originally posted by Sporting View Post

From where?
    From behind the goal.

Leave a comment:

• Harbinger of Hope
    replied
    Considering its capacity Old Trafford felt smaller than I was expecting. Think that 3rd tier being hidden behind a roof didn't help. Weirdly lop sided ground.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    The Millennium and Arsenal & Spurs' grounds are all far more impressive examples of "glass and steel enormodomes" which are all also far more conducive to watching football.

Leave a comment:

• My Name Is Ian
    replied
    I thought the new Wembley was okay. It's just another plate glass and steel enormodome, the same as the rest of them. It could certainly never look as big as the original one did when I first saw that in person at 9 years old. And the old Wembley, for all its charms, did smell of piss and look a bit of a state, by the late 1990s.

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    Originally posted by Harbinger of Hope View Post
    On a lighter note got my ticket for the final. First time Forest have been to new Wembley. I've been once to watch England play Belgium in a warmup for Euro 2012, but it's just different with a club and especially after 30 years of waiting and 4 failed play off campaigns.
    It's horrible. I hated the new Wembley, and not just because Cheltenham lost. It just seemed so plastic.

Playoff finals were so much better at the Millennium Stadium.

Leave a comment:

• pebblethefish
    replied
    Yes, surely the whole ground is in the North East?

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Originally posted by Fearful Symmetry View Post
    away fans will be moved to the North East corner of the ground.
    From where?

Leave a comment:

• Harbinger of Hope
    replied
    On a lighter note got my ticket for the final. First time Forest have been to new Wembley. I've been once to watch England play Belgium in a warmup for Euro 2012, but it's just different with a club and especially after 30 years of waiting and 4 failed play off campaigns.
    Last edited by Harbinger of Hope; 19-05-2022, 22:25. Reason: additional info

Leave a comment:

• Harbinger of Hope
    replied
    Ollie McBurnie is wanted for questioning by the police after videos emerged of him stamping on a forest fan on the ground.

Leave a comment:

• Fearful Symmetry
    replied
    City have released their pricing structure for next season, and it looks very favourable. Also, away fans will be moved to the North East corner of the ground.

20220519_183218.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• kokamoa
    replied
    He's been banned from football grounds for 10 years.

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    Originally posted by Harbinger of Hope View Post

Completely. I've got a sneaking suspicion the idiot thought he was getting Higginbotham to boot. Hopefully gets banned. Wouldn't be surprised if he was a once a decade kind of supporter.
    Turns out he was a season ticket holder. 24 weeks jail and two year banning order from all football.
    Hopefully Forest decide to extend that ban further.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-61505835

*the report has since updated the banning order to ten years
    Last edited by Sean of the Shed; 19-05-2022, 19:46.

Leave a comment:

• Harbinger of Hope
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon G View Post
    I wanted Forest to win, and I want them to win the final, but that guy who nutted a completely oblivious Billy Sharp after a full on sprint deserves all that's coming to him.
    Completely. I've got a sneaking suspicion the idiot thought he was getting Higginbotham to boot. Hopefully gets banned. Wouldn't be surprised if he was a once a decade kind of supporter.

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    I wanted Forest to win, and I want them to win the final, but that guy who nutted a completely oblivious Billy Sharp after a full on sprint deserves all that's coming to him.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    I am bemused as to how the Blades managed to get this far.
    They played QPR twice in April which helped. We would have lost to Corinthian Casuals Old Boys at that point.

Leave a comment:

• Harbinger of Hope
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    Forest's shirt sponsor appears to make industrial boilers, but shares the cutesy spelling with a California startup that delivers wine.
    Yeah, I'm glad we don't have a betting site any more, or our ex-chairman's personal air con company.

Leave a comment:

• longeared
    replied
    Thank you Forest, you may have made somebody sing certain songs on the tram train tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Harbinger of Hope
    replied
    Went from the sublime to the rediculous. The stramash was caused by their manager slamming the ball into Spence's stomach, almost like he was trying to deliberately wind him. First half went pretty well apart from a shakey first 15 minutes. They had to come out hard after half time and did. Oliver seemed in a very lenient mood. There was loads of fouling going on with either nothing given, or just a foul when it was a yellow. How their player got away with clinging on to Scott McKenna's leg in the middle of the pitch, like a concrete boot, to stop him running back to defend for that second goal was something else. Then McKenna got booked for the initial challenge. There was even a ludicrous dive in the penalty area, miles from anyone, but no yellow card for that either. The whole game went quite weird. I know there's a lot on it, but crikey. I'm not new to this either. I've seen first hand Forest implode or struggle against Yeovil, Blackpool and Swansea in play off semi finals. Do love the goalie though. He has a bit of a record on penalties. If he keeps this up he may get close to Mark Crossley's (the only guy to save from Le Tissier fame) record.
    Don't think I'm going to sleep well after that.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Well, that was tense.

Brennan Johnson v Sorba Thomas in the play-off final to be in the Premier League. Though the former is probably going to end up there next season whoever goes up...and the latter could easily join him before too long.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X