No announcement yet.

One 'F' in Fulham - Division Two 2021/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel a bit churlish as I have just read a match report that suggests Lumley had a really good game yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
      I feel a bit churlish as I have just read a match report that suggests Lumley had a really good game yesterday.
      I've seen nothing of the last two games but I was at the first two and thought Lumley played pretty well and was certainly an improvement on what we had last year.

Comment

Enjoyed Stoke's winner vs Forest. A pass, a dummy, a flick, another pass, shot. Not like Stoke at all. (Move starts at 1.11 in the linked clip.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWvWZeIg1hU

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
          I've seen nothing of the last two games but I was at the first two and thought Lumley played pretty well and was certainly an improvement on what we had last year.
          His first season with us was very good, especially given the defence he had in front of him. After that he hit an extended bad patch, where he made a string of really bad Rob Green style errors. They seemed to shake his confidence and he was never the same again. The emergence of Seny Dieng pretty much sealed his fate. It's too bad as there's a decent keeper in there, if he can avoid getting inside his own head.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post

Grigg is available on a free I believe. Take him. Please.
            Ha ha, unfortunately for yourselves it looks like our attention has suddenly shifted to Tyler Smith from Sheffield United, and it appears to have upset quite a few Blades fans as well, which as a fairly long term City fan amuses me somewhat.

Comment

Well go Blackpool.

Comment

Indeed so.

Humdinger of a match at Reading today. After totally dominating the first half, but only leading by an own goal, we managed to present three to Jon Swift —Reading's only real footballer it seems. Cue the comeback with ten minutes to go. Final score 3–3. We didn't win, my but our games are proper fun! This is our best team to watch since Neil Warnock took Adel Taarabt into the shower and convinced him to enjoy himself (on the pitch obviously!) I really don't care where we end up if I get to watch this stuff every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                  Indeed so.

Humdinger of a match at Reading today. After totally dominating the first half, but only leading by an own goal, we managed to present three to Jon Swift —Reading's only real footballer it seems. Cue the comeback with ten minutes to go. Final score 3–3. We didn't win, my but our games are proper fun! This is our best team to watch since Neil Warnock took Adel Taarabt into the shower and convinced him to enjoy himself (on the pitch obviously!) I really don't care where we end up if I get to watch this stuff every week.
                  Hoop dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                    Indeed so.

With the home team circus act continuing after the game. When you're under a transfer embargo due to three years spent lining the pockets of Kia Joorabchian, and are down to the absolute bare bones of a squad, what you then want is your only senior goalkeeper, and third highest paid player, to beak their hand punching a whiteboard in the dressing room.

We'll get to see in this evenings game, whether a season af Bath and 18 appearances for Hamilton Accademicals prepares a 21 year old for an anticipated three month stint in the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Boobs and FIRE! View Post

With the home team circus act continuing after the game. When you're under a transfer embargo due to three years spent lining the pockets of Kia Joorabchian, and are down to the absolute bare bones of a squad, what you then want is your only senior goalkeeper, and third highest paid player, to beak their hand punching a whiteboard in the dressing room.

We'll get to see in this evenings game, whether a season af Bath and 18 appearances for Hamilton Accademicals prepares a 21 year old for an anticipated three month stint in the championship.
                      If this could possibly be even more of a farce, it transpires the whiteboard that he punched, contained the instructions for a zonal marking system that have cost Reading a goal from pretty much every set piece this season. I'd conclude that Rafael is a proponent of man marking.

Comment

Why the fuck didn't Derby get that reduction last season? It would've meant that we'd still've been relegated. Oh, hang on, I'm might've been to eager here...

Comment

Derby County have applied for administration.

There've been "negotiations" going on with the EFL over point deductions for so long Mel Morris has obviously decided to throw in the towel.

Dark days all round in the East Midlands.

Comment

So Derby are looking at a 9 point deduction for the previous accounts rule breaches, and a further 12 points for going into administration. It basically sends them down, but taking the hit all in one season means it adds up to just one relegation when it could have been two. Which, of course, is patently unfair on other clubs.

Comment

As I understand it for financial breaches they get deducted nine points this season, and a further three next season. Plus twelve points this season for applying for administration. 24 points in total. Unless the three point deduction in 2022-23 is waived because of administration?
                              Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 17-09-2021, 21:12.

Comment

The three suspended points are for failing to pay their players on time last season. It's suspended until January.

No-one seems to know whether they'll apply the whole lot this season or whether it could be twelve this year and twelve next. The EFL statement indicates that they've *really* pissed the league off. They probably think it's Mel Morris trying to pull shenanigans again. For all we know, he might be.

I do wonder why they're in admin, though. Football debts can't be included, and HMRC have been preferential creditors again since December 2020, sit PAYE and NI can't be included. They don't own the ground any more, so they're asset-free.

​​​​The bottom line, though, is that a lot of people are going to lose their jobs, and a lot of small businesses are going to lose a lot of money because yet another fucking football club has been pissing its pants overspending, all because it isn't in the Premier League. It's not even like all this bullshit is happening because they spent too much money were doing any broader good. It's just all about venality.

Football clubs are a menace.

Comment

Derby could end up with the record lowest points total in the Championship as well as the Premier League.

I'm having difficulty understanding the financial implications. Could someone explain how the sale of Pride Park to Mel Morris at a grossly inflated price affects the sale of the club? If they do manage to find a buyer, clearly the value of the club will be diminished but would new owners end up paying rent to........Mel Morris?

Comment

That's all a little up in the air at the moment, and it depends on the terms of the lease agreement between the football club and Mel Morris. My best guess as of right now is that the lease would be considered an asset of the club to be bundled into any sale, but I've seen the (unsubstantiated at present) rumour that the company that owns the stadium might be entering into administration as well, you'd hope to facilitate a sale of all assets to one buyer, though it's difficult to say at the moment.
                                    ​​​​​​
                                    There will be all sorts of complexities involved in this administration - the club's list of unsecured creditors is likely to be a singularly depressing read - and a lot of the club's debts may be excluded from the administration (HMRC are now preferential creditors, while football debts and secured debts will have to be paid in full).

I've seen a lot of these over the years, and I'm worried by this one. The fact that the club couldn't attract buyers before this blew up hints that the accounts are a car crash, the ground ownership situation is complicated, and it's not a seller's market generally, right now. On top of that the club's statement last night has pissed the EFL off, which may have no effect, but won't have a positive one either.

Comment

Michael Dells mates tried to buy us alongside Dell then without him settled for lending us a fortune. I think the money lending thing was a bit small time for Dell, though he was certainly interested in club ownership. His mates also lent Derby a few quid during lockdown. Southampton too. I’m sure they were also linked with lending to other clubs. When the dust settles don’t be surprised to see Dell and Co considering taking over Derby.
                                      Young Dreyfuss paid off our debts to them on taking over earlier this year.

Comment

I think Dell is the the big complication and the most likely resolution, here, though the amount of money he's lent to other clubs could be a complication in terms of taking ownership of the club. I thought the loan was secured against Pride Park, but the club doesn't own that any more (and didn't by the time that loan was taken out). I couldn't find out whether it's secured against the training ground, or whether there's some other agreement over that in place, or what.

The big risk is that the administrators will need cold, hard cash to keep the club running throughout the insolvency process with wages due at the end of the month, and the club has been said to be losing something like £1.5m a month (!), with crowds down 10,000 on last season for their couple of matches so far. They're at home this afternoon. I'll be very interested to see how many turn out for that.

Comment

Just watching EFL on Quest and getting an introduction to Forest’s away shirt. I think it’s the worst I’ve ever seen.

Comment

It's not great but it's not even the worst change shirt in Forest's history given the existence of this ;

Comment

And that is way better than Stoke's 1992/93 effort:-

Which seems to have a weird cache in a So-Bad-Its-Good Mystery Science Theatre 3000 sort of way, based on the prices these things now sell for:- 1992-93 Stoke City Away Shirt L (vintagefootballshirts.com)

Comment

You see, that is way better for me. Certainly as garish as Forest's but at least has symmetry on it's side.

Comment

Apart from one of the sleeves. But I think that is just a weirdness of the particular picture. Most other images show the sleeves looking more as one would expect.

That said, I don't think it is actually symmetrical. The seismograph traces run from left to right rather than mirroring in the middle, and have around 3-and-a-half repeats per band by my count. The asymmetry in the detail is less immediately obvious than on the Forest shirt though, I'll grant you.

Comment

Ansells make rubber gloves and condoms in Australia.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X