No announcement yet.

Blue shirts, dark shorts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think HSV will have worn blue shirt with black shorts at times, since they share Estonia's colours

Comment

Comment

York reminds me of Aldershot, or is the blue too light for this thread?

Comment

Comment

Switzerland currently providing a not displeasing entry for this thread in their game against Turkey...

Comment

I find it displeasing

Comment

Can't please everyone, as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                  It's a combination I'm quite fond of as, several years ago now I suppose, when I was playing Xpert Eleven I switched my 'blue with yellow trim' team to having black shorts. Thought it looked the business thanks largely to Various Artist's Photoshop skills in designing the shirts.

(P.S. For anyone who likes Xpert Eleven folklore, the story went that the team were taken over in the middle of season 31 and rebranded as the 'Wagtails' with different coloured shirts. The new owners eventually left or relented and the traditional colours were restored.)
                  I'd forgotten your Great Ouse Town kits only went over to the black shorts just before VA Sports took over your shirts designs, Kev – other than for, ironically perhaps, the brief and unlamented 'Wagtails' interlude... which in that respect at least proved to be pioneering.

I'd also forgotten my 'cycling'-style design (with the Lazy Otter pub logo on) was the first one of mine you used, and furthermore than that was the first season (Season 38) you won the OTF League title! Coincidence? Well...

Comment

Season 35 designed by Rollica IIRC, one of the decent designers left in VA’s wake.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                      Switzerland currently providing a not displeasing entry for this thread in their game against Turkey...

The shorts with patches look like the sort of workwear trousers you get for £7.99 in Lidl

Comment

Comment

Those are the home/away sets for five of my seven teams in the Xpert 11 game Kev references. I favour black shorts for the old fashioned vibe. All designs by VA of course.

Edit: and some look like rugby shirts for the same reason.

Comment

Mind you an additional reason to go with black in Xpert Eleven was that it then didn't matter which shade the kit was in. In the s28 and s33 kits above the blue is different from the shorts and there wasn't anything you could do about that.

I'm particularly liking that HSV kit.

Just remembered another fantastic national team kit, though not sure it is used as a default kit like with Uruguay; Zambia wore black shorts in that incredible Afcon 2012 final. I'll see if I can find a pic.
                            Last edited by Kevin S; 21-06-2021, 13:02.

Comment

Comment

Kasper Schmeichel taking dedication to this thread to new levels by also dyeing his tongue bright blue...

Comment

Good old blue raspberry Panda Pops. Looks like Kasper's hepped up on all the additives.

Comment

Working...
                                  X