Landon Calling - Division Three 2021/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
    Oxford sign Billy Bodin, last seen at Preston and former strike partner of Matty Taylor at Bristol Rovers
    Billy's a wonderful footballer whose career has been blighted by injury. Signed on a trial basis by us in 2015, he became a key man in our automatic promotion and reestablishment in League One the following season. I'll especially never forget the way he walked the ball around half te Dagenham side in their six yard box to equalise in the crucial last day of the season win that sent us up. Wish him all the luck in the world and hope he stays injury free with you.

I have no recollection of the other bloke tbh

Comment

Lincoln have signed Hakeeb Adelakun. As usual, I'd never heard of him, though it's possible I saw him on iFollow playing against us for Hull last season. Any opinions one way or the other?

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
        Lincoln have signed Hakeeb Adelakun. As usual, I'd never heard of him, though it's possible I saw him on iFollow playing against us for Hull last season. Any opinions one way or the other?
        I think he's been mentioned on the summer signings thread imp.

Comment

Can't remember when we played Hull at home, but Adelakun played 14 times for Hull before Bristol City recalled him in January. He spent most of his career at Scunthorpe with a couple of loan spells.

Comment

Occasional flashes of brilliance, but rather 'Meh' in the main. Not really missed when we sent him back.

Comment

What are your thoughts on Dan Crowley FS, we look to be offering him a deal after he impressed in 45 mins against a 10-man Hereford last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                What are your thoughts on Dan Crowley FS, we look to be offering him a deal after he impressed in 45 mins against a 10-man Hereford last night.
                There's definitely a talented footballer in there, given regular games. The start of his spell with us coincided with a slight downturn in form, and a couple of injuries to other players necessitated a shuffling of the pack, upon which McCann found a winning formula, and Crowley was relegated to occasional appearances off the bench. But he could be most useful for a team like Cheltenham.

Comment

Troy Parrott's career has yet to really take off, didn't make much impression at Millwall, a slight improvement at Portman Road, and will now spend the coming season on loan at Franchise.

Comment

We’ve a bizarre situation now at the SOLE. Four days to go and no full backs over the age of 17.

Weve an offer still on the table to out of contract academy product Denver Hume. A 22 yr old LB with 60 games for us from Ashington who apparently has six other offers. He’s currently injured and training at our academy. We need to have made him an offer to get a bigger compo fee if/when he takes up one of his six other offers and leaves. Which he probably can’t do at the moment due to his injury.

Does anyone know if we need to leave the offer on the table to claim the full compo or can it be withdrawn and used to fund another LB without the withdrawal affecting the compo fee? It seems to me that the clubs being unfairly punished for doing the right thing twice ie the offer and allowing him to train. Supposing he goes to Ipswich frinstance after the window closes? Both he and Ipswich would’ve played a blinder there.

Im thinking this situation may fall through the systems cracks.
                    Last edited by Sunderporinostesta; 03-08-2021, 07:59.

Comment

Four days to go and I’ve no idea who we play in the first game. I’d normally have the opening few months categorised as possibles, probables and no way on gods earth weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post
                        Four days to go and I’ve no idea who we play in the first game. I’d normally have the opening few months categorised as possibles, probables and no way on gods earth weeks ago.
                        If memory serves and without checking, I'm sure you're playing Wigan. At SoL I think. It could be a good time to play them, as while I expect them to be strong this season, they've a lot of new players. Sunderland being Sunderland though you'll probably lose to a Charlie Wyke winner.

Comment

Crewe away for us on Saturday with no meaningful new signings.

Will be my son's first away day ever, and my first since Boxing Day 2015 (if we don't include the friendly against Cinderford a few weeks ago).

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post

If memory serves and without checking, I'm sure you're playing Wigan. At SoL I think. It could be a good time to play them, as while I expect them to be strong this season, they've a lot of new players. Sunderland being Sunderland though you'll probably lose to a Charlie Wyke winner.
                            You’re correct on both counts. Then Wyke won’t score again until Xmas. He has to be the worst player to score 30 goals in a season ever. We’ve also “lost” Max Power and someone else to them. Shame they wouldn’t take Grigg back.

Comment

Lovely lovely lovely. Wish I could have gone. Nice to get a win under our belt early doors. 2-1 away to Donny.

Comment

Seems to have been a good start for the OTF contingent, for the most part - Ipswich rescuing a draw against Morecambe, a commanding win for Rotherham, and Wimbledon somehow winning away to Doncaster.

Comment

So, big spending Ipswich at home to the promoted side who've lost their manager and most of their team over the summer, then.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                                    Seems to have been a good start for the OTF contingent, for the most part - Ipswich rescuing a draw against Morecambe, a commanding win for Rotherham, and Wimbledon somehow winning away to Doncaster.
                                    Waddya mean "somehow"?

Comment

We are Top Of The League. I think...

Comment

Judging by my 'on this day' Futbology reminders I've seen a lot of Shrewsbury opening day 1-0 defeats at home. So I'm glad I went to a different game today.

Comment

Only 31,549 yesterday plus KO delayed 15 mins.
                                          Both blamed on the obvious plus massive roadworks locally, no trains from KX and reduced carriages on Durham coast line.
                                          Unfortunately loads of young kids were turned away due to no cash turnstiles who are unable to buy tkts on the internet and usually do at tkt office on the day or use cash turnstile. No tkts available to buy on day due to tkt office concentrating on sorting out the clubs own self inflicted ST fuck ups. New turnstile card recognition software fitted a few weeks back blamed plus cockups with new STs, held over from last season STs, ST refunds from season befores STs etc. Shambolic.

Otherwise everyone’s almost happy back home. As much for the three points as for the fact that none of the 3 (three) of our ex’s from last season lining up for Wigan had good games. We all expect an ex is gonna score and it seems to permeate the games atmosphere when they get near the box. Thankfully Wyke, Power and Jones were all pretty poor. L1 is the first twos level. Jones I’m not so sure about but he’s gonna have to get a wiggle on or he’ll spend his career flitting around below the championship.

Ross Stewart scored again, the kids are calling him “The Loch Ness Drogba” as he was thought to have been born in Inverness, he’s from Irvine ferchrissakes. Injury free he’ll get 20+ this season. He’s a far better all round player than Wyke who outside to deflecting the ball into the net contributes nothing to a game.
                                          I like this kid. There’s not many to pull on our shirt these last ten years or so I can say that about.

The light at the end of the tunnel seems slightly less like an oncoming train this morning.
                                          Last edited by Sunderporinostesta; 08-08-2021, 10:44.

Comment

Lincoln's 1-1 draw at Gillingham was overshadowed somewhat by the allegations of racism against a Gillingham fan for saying something towards Cohen Bramall. You can see footage here . A man has been arrested and released on bail. So great to have fans back in etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                                              Originally posted by TonTon View Post

Waddya mean "somehow"?
                                              Waddya mean "good start"?

I'm not overly surprised Wimbledon won at Doncaster yesterday, given only one of our starting XI (centre-back Tom Anderson) played for Rovers last season. We gave out nine debuts, plus Tommy Rowe, back with us after a couple of years at Bristol City. Needing time to gel is a cliche, but very apt for Rovers right now.

Comment

Two wins in a row for us! The first domestic quadruple is officially now nailed on.
                                                Weve signed a teenage LB named Dennis Cirkin from Spurs for £1.3m or a similar amount. Last year of his contract and Spurs offered him a new one but he wants to play……anywhere will do obviously. He was fifth in the pecking order I believe. There’s a buyback at £6m or 40% sell on if he doesn’t fancy Spurs in four years time according to the local media.
                                                Where this leaves Hume our homegrown LB who’s been first choice for two seasons but is now injured and out of contract I don’t know. His agent may have overplayed their hand as we’d made a couple of new offers but been knocked back.

Comment

I was looking forward to watching the Imps v Bolton tonight, but iFollow has other ideas. No camera feed from Sincil Bank, and just Rob Makepeace and Jimmy Walker on audio (which is a huge improvement on Michael Hortin & Steve Thompson).

Wahey, 25 minutes in and we have visuals. 0-0.
                                                  Last edited by RobW; 17-08-2021, 19:11.

Comment

Second half starts, and no camera feed again. Refund time, I feel.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X