New season fixtures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New season fixtures

I've just glanced at the PL fixtures for 2021-22. I'd considered a small wager on us starting with a game against Brentford, as we regularly seem to draw the newly promoted teams for an opening match, and I wasn't too far off, though it's actually newly promoted Watford first, then Newcastle, and then Brentford.
    This reminded me of something I spotted and ignored on the net the other day. Did I imagine that one of the national newspapers was pushing their own 'potential' fixture list? And what conceivable interest would that elicit?

There's something about the fixture list coming out that make it actually sink in that we're now a Premier League club. I don't stand a chance of a ticket for the opener (Arsenal), even if stadiums are full by then, but just seeing the words Brentford v Arsenal, and realising that this is just a normal fixture, not a one off event, is still mind blowing.

Comment

As things stand, it's 25% of capacity, or 10k max isn't it? Will be interesting to see when that's reviewed - in Ireland, meanwhile, the 83k capacity Croke Park will play host to a minuscule 2,300 fans in a test fixture this weekend, when 10% would seem a more practical examination of Covid readiness.

Comment

One curious aspect about Man United's fixtures is that their pre-Christmas games against the "Big Six" are all in a continuous block from late October to early December, interrupted only by Watford.

Comment

Man City v Liverpool could be both's penultimate game if it has to be moved on from April 9th ( the weekend normally used for FA Cup semi-finals). Although if Man United do as I expect and spend £200m on Sancho and Kane after the Euros that may be irrelevant.
          Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 24-06-2021, 08:24.

Comment

Southampton v Newcastle on New Year's Day sounds a cracking bit of planning for travelling fans.

Comment

This Premier League is unforgiving. Starting off with a relegation six-pointer.

Comment

Rotten start for Norwich - Liverpool, Man City, Leicester, Arsenal - and especially so for those of us who usually get to a few of their games in the NW, three of which are in the first few weeks of the season for which we're assuming capacity will be limited. We're particularly gutted that the trip to Goodison is in September as neither of us has ever been.

Comment

Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post
                  Rotten start for Norwich - Liverpool, Man City, Leicester, Arsenal - and especially so for those of us who usually get to a few of their games in the NW, three of which are in the first few weeks of the season for which we're assuming capacity will be limited. We're particularly gutted that the trip to Goodison is in September as neither of us has ever been.
                  Are we to take it that the total number of North West dwellers with an interest in the fortunes of Norwich City is, er, two?

Comment

No, it's at least five.

The royal we in this instance is Mrs H and I, my interest is through marriage.

Comment

The Football League fixtures are out (Divisions 2-4).

Interestingly, "That being the case, ahead of the publication of the 2021/22 season fixture lists on 24 June at 9am, the EFL can confirm that it has developed an interchangeable fixture list for Derby County and Wycombe Wanderers, while the disciplinary process is finalised."

Comment

Ludicrous, isn't it?

My prediction that "we will play each of the other teams in the division, home and away" turned out to be correct. Exciting times.

Comment

kudos to Augsburg for this brilliant effort

https://twitter.com/FCA_World/status/1408375724373852160

Comment

That's brilliant! And should be kicking off the 21-22 Bundesliga thread.

Comment

I particularly loved the Bayern one

Comment

Class, love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X