The Road to Nowhere: 2021-22 Champions League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
    Is it only Real who wave white hankies disdainfully?
    No, it is Spain-wide, but there are a lot of tourists in the ground tonight

Comment

0-3 is a let-off really for Barcelona, and just reflected how much effort Bayern were willing to expend. Lewandowski had a lot of room to convert his chances; I'm not sure why Garcia turned his back so early, or at all; just throw your body at it.

Barcelona pressed high but the crosses from Alba were going nowhere and I can't recall any other real chances. Neuer had a quiet night.
      Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 14-09-2021, 21:09.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
        The kits in Barca - Bayern are a mess.

Bayern are wearing their "mountains that don't really read as as such" kits with the plain white backs,

And Barca are wearing this nonsense, which looks even more pink on the pitch

I am pretty sure this kid came on in the second half.

That man utd game earlier was mad. I found it interesting how aside from the wan Bissaka aberration the referee was so keen to embrace common sense and allow the game to flow. A fussier ref might have sent off Fassnacht for running a full set of studs down over fred's ankle just before half time, but common sense prevailed. similiarly he was able to discern that this was a clean shoulder to shoulder contact, and not a penalty and red card

Thank god VAR didn't get involved and ruin the flow of the game. Similarly a rules addicted martinet might have taken a dimmer view of the two fouls Martins commited to prevent breakaways, when already on a yellow card. The player was convinced he was about to be sent off, but fortunately for him common sense prevailed and his team were able to complete their fairy tale victory.

Fair dues to Young Boys who played with tremendous energy and organisation. But Fuck me, the sending off of aaron wan bissaka was the only major call that the ref managed to get right.
        Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 14-09-2021, 22:52.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          The kits in Barca - Bayern are a mess.

Bayern are wearing their "mountains that don't really read as as such" kits with the plain white backs,

And Barca are wearing this nonsense, which looks even more pink on the pitch

That's still better than their regular first kit shirt.

Comment

I would agree if the red didn't look so pink on the pitch

The more concerning bit is that the team is playing down to the quality of the kits

Comment

I didn't realise Young Boys had a great kit as well

Comment

They have gone through most possible combinations of those colours. This may well be the most successful.

Sheriff are 1-0 up on Shakhtar after an hour

Comment

Sheriff won 2-0

Sebastian Haller has given Ajax the lead in Lisboa after two minutes

Comment

Alexander-Arnold gives Liverpool the lead, before Donarumma saves a Salah penalty.

Comment

Inter are giving Madrid fits but haven't been able to convert any of their multiple chances

Comment

Bruges equalise!

Comment

Keystone Kops OG at Eastlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                            Alexander-Arnold gives Liverpool the lead, before Donarumma saves a Salah penalty.
                            It's not Donarumma in goal for Milan any more. He's gone to PSG and Maignan has replaced him.

Comment

Ajax now up 3-1

Haller with a brace in the first ten minutes

Comment

Two in two minutes for AC Milan to bring it to 1-2.

Liverpool have completely switched off for some reason.

Comment

I'm watching the BT Goals show and initially thought Milan's second was a replay of their first - Liverpool pulled apart in an almost identical manner.

Comment

Gomez a bit dozy on both occasions, unfortunately. I think he'll get hooked at half time.

Comment

Glenn hoddle seems to have become an entirely different person since his heart attack. He's relaxed and positive, seems to have abandoned his prize collection of shoulder chips, and his characteristic intense weirdness.

He seems......Happy.

Listening to him is an actively pleasant experience. I never thought he'd become one of my favourite co-commentators. He's the least Gammony UK pundit by miles.
                                      Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 15-09-2021, 19:55.

Comment

Liverpool make if 2-2 and the noise ramps up. This might just be a cracker in the making,

Comment

I must admit, I didn't know John Malkovich was coaching Milan now.

Comment

Commentator: "It's the group of death really with these two teams and porto and atletico madrid. "

Glenn: "It's the group of excitement "

Comment

Haller completes his hat trick

Comment

Pick that fucker out.

Comment

Four now. Antony's pass for the hattrick goal was beautiful.

Comment

Also (half) watching the BT goals show, but missed why Sporting's "second" goal was disallowed. Any clues?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X