Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoying Brugge, and all.

Comment

Four for Haller. Ironically all five goals have been scored by the two players Ajax fans love to hate. They are going to have to re-think their opinions.

Comment

Haller has four now.

I think the ECL record for one match is five, no? I know Messi managed it and maybe one other player?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
          Also (half) watching the BT goals show, but missed why Sporting's "second" goal was disallowed. Any clues?
          I think offside

Comment

Glenn Hoddle said he caught that half volley on the rise, which made it harder. Can you catch a half volley any other way? I thought if ball was travelling downwards it was just a volley.

One helluva strike regardless.

Comment

Nkunku now has a hat-trick for Leipzig at the Etihad.

Some game. (Emphasised by Cancelo making it 5-3 as I was typing.)

Comment

Paolo Maldini still looks fit enough to play.

Comment

A bizarre goal for Porto bizarrely disallowed for a non-existent (as far as I can see) handball.

Comment

Vinicius looks to have won it at the death for Real.

Comment

Phew.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                        This was almost inevitable given the pattern of the match and history of the two clubs

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          A bizarre goal for Porto bizarrely disallowed for a non-existent (as far as I can see) handball.
                          Not just me then.

Comment

Bruges look good. The 14yr old white kid upfront especially, excellent hold up play for a 12yr old who actually looks about 9yr old.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                              Not just me then.
                              I didn't understand why either

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                Haller has four now.

I think the ECL record for one match is five, no? I know Messi managed it and maybe one other player?
                                Luiz adriano of shaktar I think.

Comment

Rodyrgo.

Comment

I've watched again and there was a handball.

Comment

I'm finding the missing "St." in the thread title hard to bear.

Comment

Yes, same here.

Comment

I followed the BRU-PSG match feed on lequipe and was surprised to see a tweet from Didier on the game - after 30 minutes, he flagged how weak PSG were in defence and commitment.
                                          https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/matc...sg-live/527043

I didn't expect a national coach to be commenting on club games - sort of political minefield to be normally avoided.
                                          Would that be a false flag?
                                          He even compared the match to France Hungary.
                                          On top of that he has loads of tweets about theVoice - all seems weirdly incongruous - if a false flag, then I would have expected lequipe to detect that

https://twitter.com/DidierDescha?ref...-live%2F527043

Comment

Yes, same here.
                                            But then there wouldn't be any alliteration.

Comment

A small price to pay. Or change it to "Steps to St. Petersburg" or perhaps "Steppes" for the full LOLZ, though someone with a degree in soil science would probably chip in to point out some geographical inexactness.

Comment

Path to Petrograd would have been better. Or Line to Leningrad

Comment

Also, there are lots of Petersburgs, none of which I can imagine staging the CL Final.

Though that link claims that Saint Petersburg is somethings known as Petersburg but I've never encountered any evidence of that.
                                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 29-09-2021, 11:18.

Comment

Not sure if the LRB gets linked to in the football forum much, but here is a good piece by Paula Erizanu on Sheriff Tiraspol who face Real Madrid tonight https://www.lrb.co.uk/blog/2021/sept...eriff-tiraspol

Comment

Working...
                                                    X