Hillsborough trial collapses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hillsborough trial collapses

Judge says police and lawyers who changed evidence have no case to answer, as that evidence was not being submitted to a "formal public enquiry"

https://www.theguardian.com/football...cers-collapses

I'm hoping someone can resurrect a previous thread.

Comment

I refer you to my previous comments on searching this forum

Comment

And I you to mine.

Comment

https://twitter.com/theboyler/status/1397504602589863937?s=20

Comment

I have to say that this is one of the most shocking judgements I've ever encountered

Lord Justice Cunt rules it's legal to amend police statements to a public enquiry in which 96 people were unlawfully killed due to police malpractice

Comment

Absolutely bloody scandalous.

Comment

It reeks of sixth-form debating society "well actually I think you'll find that technically … " pettiness and puerility. It is a genuine scandal, more so than the Cummings pantomime unfolding elsewhere, and I'm absolutely fucking raging

Comment

It's the establishment taking care of its own. They reluctantly admitted it wasn't the fans but the authorities years after the event but they're not about to let any of their own take the hit.

Comment

This is probably the most relevant previous thread

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...er-feed/page10

The English judiciary disgraces itself yet again

Comment

As does Adrian Chiles who seems not to know the meaning of the phrase

"unlawfully killed"

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/DavidEasson/status/1397530787113840644?s=20./TWEET]

and lets a devious cunt who has just got his dodgy client get off on a technicality piss on the bodies of the dead
                      Last edited by Nefertiti2; 26-05-2021, 16:59.

Comment

A follow up tweet from that account says Chiles apologised 30 minutes later

Comment

I'm afraid I knew this was coming. And it's not anger against these three despicable people being let off for something we can all plainly see they did, it's anger against the system that confuses 'letter of the law' with 'common bloody sense' in such a twisted, horrible way. And only ever in one way.
                          Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 26-05-2021, 17:02.

Comment

https://twitter.com/kennethdalglish/status/1397607811132104707

Comment

It probably goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway: this is an absolute fucking travesty and a continued "fuck you" to the families of 96 people. I don't believe in hell but I'd certainly like to believe there's a place for these fuckers to suffer in perpetuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                I'm afraid I knew this was coming. And it's not anger against these three despicable people being let off for something we can all plainly see they did, it's anger against the system that confuses 'letter of the law' with 'common bloody sense' in such a twisted, horrible way. And only ever in one way.
                                How did you know it was coming, rogin? advice that this was what the law was after all? One of those memos? Freemason handshake?

Comment

It wasn't just the police that changed their statements of course. Some pathologists did too

Comment

Scandalous news. Doesn’t bode well for any future public enquiry into large scale deaths.

Comment

Personally, I think the biggest culprit(s) are the FA, particularly whoever decided that the match should be played at Hillsborough. Given that there had nearly been a disaster at the 1981 semi-final, the decision to continue using Hillsborough for these games was inexcusable.

The police made mistakes and altered statements, which is appalling, but Duckfield had no previous experience of handling major football matches and can any of us honestly say we would have averted a tragedy if we had been in his position on the day? When you have thousands of people trying to enter a stadium shortly before kick-off, this is a very difficult situation for anyone to handle. It's the FA who should take the rap, and it is scandalous that they were not prosecuted.

Comment

I can honestly say I'd not have done what the police did, yes. on the day and for years and years and years afterwards. Including to this day. The lying bastards.

Comment

Given there's unanswered speculation about whether Dunkenfield was in the pub for the 2 hours before the game, I think - amongst many other things none of us would ever have done - would have been 'get pissed'.

https://twitter.com/AdrianTempany/status/1401883114390032385

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                            It probably goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway: this is an absolute fucking travesty and a continued "fuck you" to the families of 96 people. I don't believe in hell but I'd certainly like to believe there's a place for these fuckers to suffer in perpetuity.
                                            97 people.

Comment

Originally posted by NHH View Post
                                              Given there's unanswered speculation about whether Dunkenfield was in the pub for the 2 hours before the game, I think - amongst many other things none of us would ever have done - would have been 'get pissed'.

https://twitter.com/AdrianTempany/status/1401883114390032385
                                              I didn't know this. How he's not in prison I'll never know.*

*he's part of the establishment that covered up the murder and demonisation of Liverpool fans that continues to this day.

Comment

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...390032385.html

Here's the Twitter thread that NHH linked to in full.

Comment

Since there's no mention that I could find on the TV thread, I'll use here as a shout out for the recent programme 'Anne'. Harrowing viewing and 3 of the 4 episodes had me in floods of tears. Maxine Peake, as always,was tremendous.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X