Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post

That sounds like something off Eurotrash
    I'm sure there's plenty of gags could have been, erm, milked, from it. This is it - https://floatingfarm.nl/de-farm/

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

Eh? Where's the bit for 13-year-old boys staying up so they can have a wank?
      Cows on a boat - worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
        *Pennsylvanians are particularly wary of artificial turf because the artificial surface at the old Vet in Philly and, to a lesser extent Three Rivers in Pittsburgh, were so notoriously bad. They got so hot in the summer and were too hard, except in the places where there were ruts. Just awful.
        When the latter was demolished, I think it was Jerome Bettis who said that "I'll miss Three Rivers, but my knees and ankles won't".

I've never seen a game at Rugby Park with the artificial surface, but the two games I've seen at New Douglas Park just looked like run-of-the-mill SPFL games - players misjudging the bounce of the ball and scudding it too hard down the wing is just Scottish football, not 3G/4G pitches.
        Last edited by blameless; 28-05-2021, 14:42.

Comment

I've just realised that I never played on an artificial pitch. Grass, mud,beach, concrete and tarmac 5 a side, dirt pitches, indoor gymnasium but never plastic .

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

Dalglish was never at Luton.
            He was manager of Liverpool when they lost there.

Comment

Dalglish was always one of the most vocal against Luton’s plastic pitch and lost it after a 0-0 draw in the FA Cup 3rd round in 1987 declaring it wasn’t fit for football and should be ripped up. His anger went on for weeks after the replay at Anfield had to be called off once as snow meant Luton’s flight was grounded and there wasn’t time to get there by road. The replay was then drawn and Luton won the 2nd replay at Kenilworth Road.

He also resigned the day before a trip to Luton in 1991 adding to the legend that having to face the plastic again was the final straw for him.

Someone even wrote a poem about the FA Cup games that gets brought out by Luton fans every now and again, I’ll see if I can find it to post if anyone is interested (although it is very long from memory)

Comment

I’ve played on plastic pitches. (sadly not at any senior level, due to an astonishing lack of talent) and I’ve watched loads of games on TV on the plastic at Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Livingston and the ball definitely reacts differently.

I think the plastic is great as a community facility to be used by different ages and groups, but they have no place in top level football, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

He was manager of Liverpool when they lost there.
                  Indeed.

​​​

Comment

This feels relevant to some of the stuff I said way upthread

https://twitter.com/ffwtbol/status/1401822559759486976?s=19

Comment

That's interesting, and I would like to know more about the reasons for the ban

isn't at least one of the owners of that account on here?

Comment

Working...
                      X