AFC Wimbledon - by the fans for the fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mumpo View Post
    When I was in the infants Elisabeth Beresford visited our school but only the juniors were allowed to go to her talk.
    "Christ, Tom, not another fucking primary school gig... alright I'll do it, but only the ones old enough not to piss themselves"

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
      One of our former OTF members had a schoolboy crush on Madame Cholet, as recounted on the Chart Music podcast.
      I was going to say "Who didn't" given that the saucy minx wore that ultimate severities sexy signifier, the French maid's outfit.

However, on checking it appears it was just an apron. Although...

Did another female Womble wear the maid's outfit, Alderney perhaps? I am worried if a crush on her is appropriate given her youth, though given I was pre-teen myself I think I'm safe. There appears to be a later remodelling of her from the Stepney era but I can't find any images from the original TV show.

Hang on, have I said any of this out loud? Different times, different times.

Comment

Worst OP in OTF history?

Comment

It's not really taken off has it?

Comment

I'm left wondering whether Ray's thing for furry creatures with pointed noses wearing aprons also included Mrs Tiggywinkle.

Comment

Not sure that a hedgehog can be described as furry.

Comment

I knew that cutting corners in describing fictional animals would prove to be a mistake.

Comment

It's a spiky subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Favourite Worst Nightmare View Post

I don’t understand what point you are trying to make. The 25 year season tickets (which I personally am not in a position to afford) aren’t the only tickets available. People can buy a 1 year season ticket, or pay match by match if they wish.

As others have pointed out, it’s a way to try and generate cash up front in order to reduce debt.
                    ?375 seems very much affordable for a yearly ticket - ?250 perhaps less so for the unemployed, but then picking and choosing matches is an option, as you say, in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                      It's not really taken off has it?
                      The fact that even the board's resident anti-Wimbledon troll hasn't rushed to the opening poster's aid is telling.

Comment

What? Is Rot-Weiss (sp?) back?

Comment

Working...
                        X