Happy Gothenburg Day everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Gothenburg Day everyone

Happy Gothenburg Day. 11th May 1983, Aberdeen beat Real Madrid 2-1 in the Ullevi Stadium in Gothenburg to win the European Cup Winners Cup Final, after beating Bayern Munich in the quarter finals. It was a long time ago but what a memory and one that I will never forget.

unfortunately I can’t post a bloody photo if the celebrations.

Hope you enjoyed your day, DP, and celebrated in style. That was the last time Real Madrid lost in a European final. Here is a picture for you.

I found out this afternoon that today is also National Eat What You Want Day. I then proceeded to have two rather large flapjacks at work, stopped off at the chippy on the way home to get pie and chips and have just finished off the day with two slices of cake.

Comment

I can remember the pub that I was in watching the match. Sadly I can't remember its name. It was between Kilburn and West Hampstead.

Comment

Happy Gothenburg Day DPDPDP.

Footballers really looked quite different back then didn't they? Gordon Strachan is only 26 there. I find myself wondering did he ever truly look young?

Comment

Ah, back in the days when you could pose for a trophy without that silly bouncing up and down thing that seems to have become de rigueur in the last ten years or so.

Comment

Working...
          X