Clubs not getting hands on silverware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clubs not getting hands on silverware

Some discussion on the "fourth division" thread about going up as champions, and the special status thereof. Which reminded me of Exeter's solitary national trophy (Div 4 title, 1990) and because of its loneliness, becoming more important over time, as opposed to every fan/manager saying "we're just focusing on promotion", at least until it's confirmed.

So who has missed out on stocking the cabinet, for ages? We'll exclude play-off wins, whatever sponsored gong they might hand over on TV, because you don't get bragging rights over the non-champion team(s) finishing above you. Also excluding the county cups and assorted pre-season friendlies dressed up in silver.

A quick scan of L2 suggests that Grimsby and surprisingly, Bradford City, have waited even longer than Exeter. Others?

By tee rex's criteria, it appears Rochdale have never won a single trophy, unless you count the pre-Football League Lancashire Combination.

Comment

Hmmm. What thread did I post my contribution on this subject to, I wonder. since it's not here, like.

Comment

Found it!

It's been a good few years since we picked up silverware under this thread's definition. Maybe not since 2008-09 when we won the Conference South. Though I'm not sure what the trophy was. I'll have to look it up.

Oh, actually, thinking on, I think there's a photo of me with it, somewhere. Is it that one? I'll have a look.

Comment

Working...
        X