No announcement yet.

The New WSC With Euro 2020 Team Guide And Wallchart Has Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I read the four articles about how awful the Superleague idea was and it got me wishing that just sometimes WSC would print a contrary viewpoint. For example, there wasn't an article summarising the very popular sentiment that the super 6 could all sod off wherever they wanted and football would continue with minimal inconvenience to most football fans. And that the game might be better without those PLCs that pretend to be sports clubs sucking the blood and marrow out of the game.

Comment

They used to have a guy in the 90s, Boyd something, who'd occasionally pop up with a 'all seater stadiums and Sky tv are good, actually' take. (An Arsenal fan, it might amuse Fast Show fans to know).

Comment

Boyd Hilton. I've seen him on TV occasionally, on one of those "50 Greatest.." or nostalgiafest-type programmes, I think, occupying the brief gaps between Stuart Maconie's contributions.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
          They used to have a guy in the 90s, Boyd something, who'd occasionally pop up with a 'all seater stadiums and Sky tv are good, actually' take. (An Arsenal fan, it might amuse Fast Show fans to know).
          I wouldn't go as far as wanting to read an argument for the Superleague. Just a variety of responses.

Comment

Boyd Hilton cropped up on 5live doing tv reviews, I think

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
              Still not reached Frankfurt. Still no wallchart :-(

Hope the (surely best ever WSC) t-shirt makes it in time for kick-off...
              My t-shirt's just arrived. It's ace.

Comment

Put my wallchart up on the side of the fridge cupboard today, starting to get in the mood. Have blocked a load of 14:00-16:00 slots out as 'busy' in my calendar at work too.

Comment

Finally arrived today, with a second postal sticker marked HAMBURG on top of the first one, and the envelope slit open at one end. Don't much feel like reading the Euros preview any more.

Comment

Mine arrived today! Woohoo. I have a wallchart. Maybe I'll just start with the second round, and leave the rest blank for me to try and reconstruct the games and tables a couple of years from now

Comment

Alright, ready to make a decision about the Wall Chart since the magazine just arrived to the US today. No smells to report and no tears or sticky shenanigans but also no real chance to preview accurately. Haha. Honestly, I don't think I would have time to read before the tournament started but probably would have read along with the first match days or on the plane during a trip during the early days of the tournament. Still, good to have a paper copy.

Comment

My wall chart has yet to arrive. When it does, as a mint copy, it'll fetch a good price on the collectables market.

Comment

If it arrives now it should have all the scores filled in.

Comment

Working...
                          X