X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New WSC With Euro 2020 Team Guide And Wallchart Has Arrived

They smell strongly of paper.

Comment

Beaten by twelve minutes. My Stuff Yer Superleague T-shirt came with the same delivery.
      Last edited by Capybara; 10-05-2021, 10:04.

Comment

I remember your anguish at missing out last month too.

Next month I'll keep shtum and give you a free run at it.

Comment

Mine smelt of those old football cards that came with chewing gum. It was like getting the TV Times again ("I never knew there was so much in it!") - mag, Euro supplement and wall chart.

If there's ever been a bigger shield than the one for the Southern League Championship (Season in brief), I'd love to see it!

Comment

The Southern League trophy has grown in size over the years, with ever increasing wooden bog-seats getting attached to the back.

Here it is back in 1900 when Spurs won it

And here it is 118 years later when Hereford won it

The Southern League shield is the most prestigious piece of silverware I have ever personally touched.

Comment

Oooh... thread idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                The Southern League trophy has grown in size over the years, with ever increasing wooden bog-seats getting attached to the back.

Here it is back in 1900 when Spurs won it

And here it is 118 years later when Hereford won it

The Southern League shield is the most prestigious piece of silverware I have ever personally touched.
                Blimey!

Imagine trying to pick that up after a long season!

Comment

The Southern League shield certainly treads the line between prestigious and preposterous.

Comment

Given his injury yesterday, Maguire saying "We'll last longer than the Super League" may actually turn out to be incorrect.

Comment

I got the same whiff of football cards, maybe even Panini stickers, as Foot of Astaire's.

Comment

Foot of Astaire's smells of Panini stickers? Is it natural or is it a fragrance you can buy? Imagine been surrounded by nerds all wanting to sniff you everywhere you go.

Comment

It would be like being Princess Leia

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                            Given his injury yesterday, Maguire saying "We'll last longer than the Super League" may actually turn out to be incorrect.
                            I think he was being over-optimistic given Scotland's usual record in major tournaments.

Comment

My wallchart was stuck to the interior of the envelope and ripped on extraction. Sad face.

Comment

It's gonna really bug me where that picture accompanying the Sidelines piece on grassroots football was taken? On first glance it looked like Springfield Park in Clapton

Comment

... and what's wrong with Carlton Palmer as the creative hub, may I ask?

Comment

Keep on meaning to ask this, but is Top Flight member Steve Pound the former MP for Ealing North?

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                                      My wallchart was stuck to the interior of the envelope and ripped on extraction. Sad face.
                                      I heeded this warning and mine was too! I was able to carefully peel the wallchart from the gum on the inside of the envelope before just trying to rip it out. Thanks Hot Orange! Now I just have to work out where to put it up that will annoy Signora Rogin the most.
                                      Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 11-05-2021, 12:48.

Comment

Your girlfriend's house?

Comment

I got the stickery smell when I opened the envelope but it dissipated almost instantly, although my fleeting impression was that it was coming from the (intact) wallchart more than the mags.

Comment

Finally got to the end (I read the letters last) and was delighted to see one of my old fanzine colleagues with a picture of the t-shirt that we produced after our relegation to the Fourth back in 1991. If I can, I'll try and find a photo of the fixtures on the back...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                              Finally got to the end (I read the letters last) and was delighted to see one of my old fanzine colleagues with a picture of the t-shirt that we produced after our relegation to the Fourth back in 1991. If I can, I'll try and find a photo of the fixtures on the back...
                                              I wondered about that. I'm only about halfway through but I read the letters following Season in Brief first as usual.

Comment

Still not reached Frankfurt. Still no wallchart :-(

Hope the (surely best ever WSC) t-shirt makes it in time for kick-off...

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                                  It's gonna really bug me where that picture accompanying the Sidelines piece on grassroots football was taken? On first glance it looked like Springfield Park in Clapton
                                                  Did you ever confirm your suspicion that it was Springfield park, E10? It's now bugging me too.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X