No announcement yet.

Rubbernecking - Playoffs 20/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a pretty feeble performance, but a lot of them have been recently despite the unbeaten run which I think ended at 18 today. We just weren't good enough either on the day or over the season - we've been pretty hard to beat, but the best teams have been able to find a way, we picked up just a point from each of Sutton, Torquay, Hartlepool and Notts C.

Third place finish should give us a decent base to have a good crack at the title next season, if we're going to keep on spending the sums of money we've thrown at a few of the recent signings.

Comment

Disappointed for you.

Comment

Pools one up.

Comment

There was a video of a ball in a toy car being remote-controlled - it was a gag, yeah? That's not a real thing, is it?

Comment

This
            https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1406600100948885506?s=19

Comment

They did that for the first game in the Euros.

Comment

No way. That's the car thing people were talking about? Like, for realz?

Comment

Apparently the Torquay goalie's equalised...

Comment

"Unbelievable, Jeff!" (stolen from twitter)
                    Last edited by Jimski; 20-06-2021, 15:28.

Comment

A colleague of mine at work got her Hartlepool supporting Dad tickets to this for his 80th birthday (today). I hope his heart is okay after that drama (and pens, if that's what next)

Comment

Great stuff, made up for Pools

Comment

That was a tremendous watch.

Comment

Commiserations to KGR. For the neutral that was a cracking game.

Comment

What a game. More entertaining than all of the Euro games played so far. Absolutely ower the moon for NE football. Darlo, Gateshead, Durham, Ashington and South Shields next. Just think of the derbies we’ll have.
                              By the way. The ref didn’t seem to add much extra time injury time on considering the Torquay player who didn’t want to come off was down for a mad amount of time and was weirdly stitched up on the pitch. He had a poor game allround, I couldn’t see anything wrong with the Torquay headed goal myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X