No announcement yet.

Old Trafford Protests, Sunday May 2, 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There must be a lot of ways to make a racket, if not a rocket.

Comment

Midnight knock from the police for some of the protesters. Doors taken off hinges, heavy-handed arrests for fuck all.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
        Midnight knock from the police for some of the protesters. Doors taken off hinges, heavy-handed arrests for fuck all.
        The cops need to use all their toys, and drug dealers have guns and rottweilers

Comment

I've had my say on things here. The Manchester Evening News is of course beneath contempt. A click baiting embarrassment acting as the GMP's PR department.

The timing of these arrests so soon after the derisory share offer news from the club is no coincidence. It makes people who conflate the Glazer out movement with results on the pitch even more dick-brained.

https://twitter.com/christotaylo/status/1461252917684486149?t=WWeRG74R2svuVjcv0rcGaw&s=19

Comment

Someone should set up a legal fund for everyone nicked. I'd contribute.

Comment

By the way, sorry I missed you last weekend EIM. We tried the Grey Horse after the game, around 6.30ish but it was too rammed.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                As far as I know, the FSA are providing those arrested, as well as anyone the GMP wish to speak to, with a free solicitor. Though their advice appears to differ to that of the defence barrister I spoke to yesterday who said they should all say fuck all.

Comment

By the way, sorry I missed you last weekend EIM. We tried the Grey Horse after the game, around 6.30ish but it was too rammed.
                  Yeah, it was minging throughout. Time of year for it. Next time.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

As far as I know, the FSA are providing those arrested, as well as anyone the GMP wish to speak to, with a free solicitor. Though their advice appears to differ to that of the defence barrister I spoke to yesterday who said they should all say fuck all.
                    I'd be surprised to hear any half-decent solicitor would suggest anything different.

Comment

Those arrested yesterday have been charged with violent disorder but not actually told what they're supposed to have done. There's a suggestion some threw cans at the police, but kicking doors down at 5am for throwing cans about is an egregious waste of resources.

All of this is being done with the blessing of United, of course. Which makes the timing of their derisory share offer announcement incredible. Some club, some club.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ISLO_MUST/status...UV94Tc9zQ&s=19

Comment

Working...
                        X