No announcement yet.

Old Trafford Protests, Sunday May 2, 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have sympathy with the fans, 100 per cent. It’s a tipping point for them. It was peaceful. One or two bottles were thrown and a couple of flares - I think that was towards Jamie to be fair - but they’ve had enough.
    Roy Keane there suggesting the Man Utd fans saved their properly criminal behaviour for Carra.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
      This is excellent stuff. GMP not exactly playing a blinder by allowing it happen.
      Or perhaps playing an absolute blinder by allowing it to happen.

Either way it’s great that it has happened.

Comment

I'm hearing the fans have let themselves down... [vomity smiley thing]

I think it's great to see football fans acting as a focused force. Sounds like good community.

Comment

I feel compelled to say that I fully condone these incidents.

Are the Manchester Education Committee still a thing?

Comment

The match is postponed

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

Fantastic.

Comment

Christ, Souness is such a cunt. Neville and Carragher making a much better job of putting this in context.

Comment

Bloody hell. We might even get proper trade unions next. People have been cowed, and had the things they value dearly undermined by money grabbing bastards for 40 years now.

If only this wasn't just restricted to football. Watch the backlash to this tomorrow. Violence! Ooh, a flare was thrown! Even more scandalous, people behaving in in a way that can't be monetized.

Comment

You must be listening to Radio 5, as they seem obsessed by the flare.

Comment

Neville and Carragher doing good work here. There has never been a better time to disrupt a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                          Bloody hell. We might even get proper trade unions next. People have been cowed, and had the things they value dearly undermined by money grabbing bastards for 40 years now.

If only this wasn't just restricted to football. Watch the backlash to this tomorrow. Violence! Ooh, a flare was thrown! Even more scandalous, people behaving in in a way that can't be monetized.
                          https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/1388905544245817344?s=20

Comment

Do you reckon supporters will still be allowed into the final Prem matches after this? Could be interesting if they are... or aren't.

Comment

Difficult to see this government not trying to score culture war points on the back of this

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                Do you reckon supporters will still be allowed into the final Prem matches after this? Could be interesting if they are... or aren't.
                                Fans let in the ground will be season ticket holders and will be registered. I can't see many of them risking a long term ban.
                                Also any future games now are more likely to have greater security outside the ground. Any new protests will require a very different strategy.

Comment

These protests from fans of the trophy winning teams have been the most heartening football things for a long time.

Comment

Manchester United haven't been a regular trophy winning team for quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                      Difficult to see this government not trying to score culture war points on the back of this
                                      But then they also have to appease the 'flogging's too good for em, bring back national service' Home Counties core support. If they let these people get away with this kind of thing who knows what will be next? What if they go after the statues?

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                        Wish you hadnt put me in a position to defend Man Utd for first time in life. But 3 trophies in last 5 years counts as a trophy winning club to me. It as many as anyone bar Man City.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                          Apart from winning the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League in the last 5 years you mean?

Edit: snap

Comment

You're both right of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

But then they also have to appease the 'flogging's too good for em, bring back national service' Home Counties core support. If they let these people get away with this kind of thing who knows what will be next? What if they go after the statues?
                                              There was a story about security guards protecting the statues of law best and Charlton. I mean really!

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

There was a story about security guards protecting the statues of law best and Charlton. I mean really!
                                                got to make sure they don't join the protest

Comment

Missed the fun earlier, thanks for updates

Is there a statue of Souness anywhere? If so I'll brick it myself

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                                    Even prominent campaigners against Antisemitism feel justified in using the word “leaching “ about the Glazers

https://twitter.com/daverich1/status/1384897417968066560?s=21

differenf derivation obviously but an interesting assonance. Can’t imagine he’d tolerate the same language being used about say Philip Green by a Labour supporter.
                                                    I would be staring long and hard at that Avi Glazer went to Epstein Island poster.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X