No announcement yet.

Such A Dazzling Kit Of Many Colours - Shirt Gallery 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely you don't want your son to be a rebrand scab and Egotricity enabler?

Comment

Eighty pounds for a hat?

Comment

The idea of buying a nine year old an eighty quid hat is bonkers.

Comment

He's not getting it, or anything else FGR for that matter.

or, indeed, anything else costing 80 quid
          Last edited by andrew7610; 16-12-2021, 15:45.

Comment

I got a nice Napapijri bobble hat for 20 quid recently, and that felt a bit extravagant.

On further investigation of "FGR x AOF", the following was found:

DESCRIPTION

The Art of Football believe that football is a [community] not a commodity. They believe the strength of a [community] is defined by the originality of its individuals and their commitment towards common goals.

Their Mission:
            • To inspire creative-expression.
            • To celebrate originality.
            • To support the community.
            • To create common goals.

In this collaboration we have used our Forest Green Rovers Shirt. We developed the worlds first Bamboo mix playing kit, the launch captured the imagination of the sports world. The home kit features nature’s original camo – the zebra stripe. The Art of Football have reworked the shirt into a limited run of bucket hats.

This is just the start, we have ideas and plans to combine our forces on more projects that celebrate design, the power of the “team” and of course, SPORT.

Belong.
            That's why it's 80 quid. Because wankers.

Comment

Here's one for Walt Flanagans Dog and Third rate Leszno to fight over:

https://art-of-football.com/collecti...bucket-hat-908

Comment

The first zebras evolved only about 2.5 million years ago. Saying that zebra stripe is "nature's original camo" suggests a poor understanding of evolutionary history.

Comment

I'd suggest there's a poor grasp of a lot of things happening there.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                    The first zebras evolved only about 2.5 million years ago. Saying that zebra stripe is "nature's original camo" suggests a poor understanding of evolutionary history.
                    I think dark matter has got to be in with a shout there, Clive.

Comment

Ecotricity FC slagging and I'm not part of it - I feel like I've missed out.

Comment

How long have Everton had that line down the middle? Should be banned.

Acceptable single lines include the diagonal sash (of course) and a vertical stripe on one side (old Luton etc). If it has to be down the middle there must be a minimum width (old B'ham City). It should not look like something you can unzip.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                          Zebras aren't lime green either. Funnily enough, their actual club colours would fit a zebra motif perfectly.

Comment

Sorry. It's not football.

Sorry. Sorry.

But I'm depressed and listless at the moment and needed some retail therapy so I bought myself this. I think it's rather lovely.

Comment

Indeed it is (though the swoosh is unfortunate)

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                I'd be an awful lot more behind the initiative if clubs didn't needlessly wear their change kits for so many away games anyway.

Away kits at home on Boxing Day for homeless charity: Premier League blocks idea
                                With this having been largely shafted by the amount of postponements today, I hope Shelter and the clubs reschedule it for later in the season.

Comment

This may have already been covered but I hadn't realised until watching them at Juve tonight that Napoli's kits are ostensibly made by Arman's EA7 brand, rather than that company just being a minor sponsor.

This is apparently justification for the shirts retailing at €125 a pop. That said, there's suspicion that Kappa are still the actual manufacturer ;

https://twitter.com/subsidesports/status/1451141217941663749?s=21

Comment

Arsenal will wear a one-off "whiteout" shirt against Forest in the Cup this weekend :

https://twitter.com/arsenal/status/1479379428337721349?s=21

Comment

My younger and hipper colleagues think the Arsenal white kit looks "sick", and I am inclined to agree. But is it actuaĺly a very light grey, so that the ultra white sponsors' logos still show? Or is it the textures?

Comment

Ray de Galles have you seen these?

https://twitter.com/CymruCollect/status/1480961549816713216?t=8ZIKDEvo7d_wKLfsePGiPg&s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                          It's still available, lads...

Comment

QPR are celebrating their 140th birthday (lightweights) by wearing this against West Brom tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                              Ray de Galles have you seen these?
                                              I have but not got round to getting any yet, though have some similar SO58 badges.

Comment

It really does suck when a team does a heritage shirt for the 1800s and the sponsor wants their name on it. One of the things Manchester City got right (and they certainly don't do that too often).

Comment

They have certain synergies with their shirt sponsor that QPR do not benefit from

Comment

Oh, I thought Ashville Holdings might have been the fella who founded QPR.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X