No announcement yet.

Such A Dazzling Kit Of Many Colours - Shirt Gallery 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Philly-inspired change strip (makes me wonder if the extra white in the first kit is for balance - "try to make it look a bit more like a Canadian flag, OK?"):

That imitation lace-up placket makes me want to spew.

Comment

Serie A and those with CVD wouldn't like it either. I think that white with green and black accents would still have worked as a nod to the Eagles (I mean, I know fuck all about the NFL so there's something I had to Google) and would have functioned better as a change strip as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

Given this is the kit thread, it shouldn't be a massive surprise that Ray's posts focus exclusively on visual identity, surely? Thanks for mentioning the other stuff you discussed in your first post, though; I was totally unaware of all that and it's all great.
        You're right, of course, with apologies to Ray. The penny dropped after the exchange and I thought I'd slope away quietly and hope that nobody noticed.

Comment

Palace 3rd kit
          https://twitter.com/CPFC/status/1419673922308558849

Comment

Blackburn's cast-offs?

Comment

I'm surprised that there is no claret

They did combine claret and blue and black and white and white in the late 50s/early 60s

Comment

Yeah. The 'Budgie' Byrne' kit.

Comment

It's certainly a better Blackburn shirt than Rovers themselves managed but how exactly is it "Celebrating 160 years of Crystal Palace" ?

Comment

If it had claret it would include all of their colour combinations pre-"Eagles/Team of the 80s"

Comment

The sky blue and white half and half shirt is based on the colours and design worn by the first ever team from the Crystal Palace Club, which was set up by cricketers who wanted to keep fit during the winter months.

The CPFC 1861 logo on the back of the shirt recognises the club’s pivotal role in developing modern football as the oldest league club in existence still playing professional football.
                      There is also a sublimated image of The Crystal Palace.

Comment

Double post, what yer man Caja just said

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                          If it had claret it would include all of their colour combinations pre-"Eagles/Team of the 80s"
                          Preagles?

Comment

The sky blue and white half and half shirt is based on the colours and design worn by the first ever team from the Crystal Palace Club, which was set up by cricketers who wanted to keep fit during the winter months.

Weird that such a kit doesn't feature on their Historical Kits page which is normally pretty exhaustive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Weird that such a kit doesn't feature on their Historical Kits page which is normally pretty exhaustive.
                              Well they are extending back to 1861 for the 160 years and claiming roots back before the Football Club was founded in 1905.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                There is also a sublimated image of The Crystal Palace.
                                So there is; but it takes a bit of spotting.

Comment

Crawley's new home shirt is carmine red, apparently.

And here it is with some half-arsed shirt pulling and just the one sleeve tattoo. I don't know what the link with Togo is.

Last edited by andrew7610; 27-07-2021, 11:33.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

"Truly, why eat when you can buy Dan Flashes shirts?"

Comment

I take the same-club-as-1861 stuff with a pinch of salt, but I suppose it's harmless enough, unless the club starts getting really embarassing about it. Legally of course we're not even the same club as 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

They were going for the 'oldest League club' title, but it's been conclusively shown that the 'original' Crystal Palace club (such as it was) had no link whatsoever with the current club. It's covered in greater detail on the Palace page of HFK.

Comment

Aberdeen away (shorts and socks same colour and trim)

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                                            Aberdeen away (shorts and socks same colour and trim)

Quite like the look of that but it does look a lot like one of the generic Adidas sport tops I often see in TK Maxx.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                              ... it does look a lot like one of the generic Adidas sport tops I often see in TK Maxx.
                                              Quite possibly, but it's the best change strip we've had in some time and seems to be going down well with Dons fans, so I expect we'll be seeing it a lot on the 7-a-side pitches in the granite city.

Comment

New Bolton kit. I'm neutral about it myself. Not horrible at least.

Comment

So. Barça then
                                                  Not in H&M branded apparel after all

https://fashionunited.uk/news/fashio.../2021072656800

But am I reading that right, they've cancelled the deal because they don't agree with H&M's criticisms of alleged human rights abuses by the Chinese, not because H&M have endorsed human rights abuses?

It is that way round, isn't it?

Comment

More Than A Club showing their true colours.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X