Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're interested: https://www.nssmag.com/en/sports/263...a/image:344873

Comment

Hmmm, that's up there with Man City/Hacienda levels of flimsy pretext.

In fact, it's worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
        Yeh, the link is beyond tenuous, but movement peaked in '60s -> Swinging 60s -> King's Road -> nearby football club. Mary Quant probably had a few associated dress designs.
        I did think of the swinging sixties/Mary Quant angle but thought it couldn't really be that banal.

I look forward to the Austin Powers themed change kit.

Comment

They're just looking for a hook for their lairy designs.

Don't tell them what came out of the road in the following decade.

Comment

If everyone is going down the historical local link route, I can't wait for Barnsley's black, long sleeved collared shirt, with bright orange upper chest and upper back sections. Sponsored by NCB obviously.

Comment

Mary Quant would sue if someone linked her name with that monstrosity

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                Our "Thank You" 3rd shirt was released yesterday having been announced in January. I will be getting one as it has mine, my son's, my uncle's and my two cousin's name on it in numerous places.

How is little Errea and his Uncle Showers?

Comment

We've been with Errea so long (24 years this year) that they're practically family now. Also Mira are now 13 years as main sponsor, and are based locally, so again are like family.

Comment

PSG to wear PE kit next season

https://twitter.com/lequipe/status/1393099967263354883

Comment

Is that a deliberately retro nod to a previous kit or just a "clean" design.

Comment

And what on earth had he been eating?!

Comment

It could be seen as a callback to their very first kit in the second tier, pre-Hechter, except that was red

Though I think the better reading is that it is the result of giving the Jordan Brand designers free rein to apply their basketball-based design principles to a football kit, as further evidenced by the detail on the shorts

Comment

Ohmigawd, they are an abomination!

Comment

I like the idea of depicting a blatant handball on the kit, though.

Comment

Nice kit, good way of debuting it too;

https://twitter.com/MundialMag/status/1393116525960253440?s=20

Comment

Marseille

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                    Found it. Quite Englandesque, but the red socks make it a bit different.

Possibly the first appearance of Tony Philliskirk on the board.

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                    Op Art is basically optical illusion / distortion art. A very weird selection.
                                    As an aside, one of the early Bolton kits (in the 19th century possibly) was white with red spots, as it was believed this made the players look bigger.

Comment

Christ, logos that don't have the name of the thing they are representing are generally so much better than the alternative. Just look at baseball caps, you don't need it spelled out, just have a distinctive letterform.

(yes I have been getting annoyed at the quality of 1st class county merch, most of whom insist on putting the name of the county under some decent icons*)

*Does not apply to counties using roses.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                        I don't understand this modern language. When I read "Arsenal have dropped their new away shirt", I thought "Why? What's wrong with it? It looks quite good to me."

Comment

The Arsenal yeĺlow which they've "dropped" is described as "pearl citrine pale yellow". They always have the classiest colour descriptions.
                                          The cannon is facing the "wrong" way compared to 1971 because the club embarrassed themselves in a trademark infringement case against an unofficial merchandise seller 20 or so years ago, the court deciding that the club didn't own the left facing cannon. So they flipped it and trademarked that.

Anyway, lovely kit and the thread leader so far for me, Clive.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post

Possibly the first appearance of Tony Philliskirk on the board.
                                            Visually, perhaps, but I am pretty sure either Ray or I have bemoaned his time at Cardiff on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post

Visually, perhaps, but I am pretty sure either Ray or I have bemoaned his time at Cardiff on here.
                                              He was pretty decent for us, upfront with David Reeves. Didn't run very much, but his finishing was good.

Comment

Is Bukayo Saka 12 years old, by any chance?

Comment

Good to see Brighton back in stripes.

Comment

Will we ever see that Chelsea kit again? Back to normal tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X