No announcement yet.

Such A Dazzling Kit Of Many Colours - Shirt Gallery 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bournemouth borrowed Milan's kit, and now the Rossoneri are returning the compliment.

Comment

Ha, was about to post exactly the same!

Isn't that a very small badge by Milan/Italian standards?

Comment

Slightly off-topic but, as a connoisseur of becapped keepers, I was very impressed that Dean Henderson clearly chose to wear his dog-walking hat at the weekend ;

Comment

There's a juxtaposition between keepers wearing caps while donning short sleeves I can't get on board with.

Comment

Milan tends to wear smaller badges

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
              There's a juxtaposition between keepers wearing caps while donning short sleeves I can't get on board with.
              Hmmm, I can understand an aesthetic objection but a keeper will need a cap when it's sunny and that is more likely in warm weather, hence short sleeves.

Comment

I understand the practicalities; it's just the way my brain's wired.

Comment

https://twitter.com/classicshirts/status/1392431976313987072/photo/1

Leaked Liverpool away shirt and 90s homage

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post

​​​​​That seems reminiscent of Man Utd's late 90s white away kit.

Comment

Hmm, ecru …

Comment

They're celebrating Bolton's promotion by bringing back their home shirt from 1993.

Nice shirt, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by beak View Post
                          They're celebrating Bolton's promotion by bringing back their home shirt from 1993.

Nice shirt, mind.
                          Do you have a source for that?

If so, I hope it's this one; one of my personal favourites.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post

Do you have a source for that?
                            Sorry to raise your hopes but I was poking incredibly tepid fun at the Liverpool shirt above.

If so, I hope it's this one; one of my personal favourites.

Brilliant, that.

Comment

Our "Thank You" 3rd shirt was released yesterday having been announced in January. I will be getting one as it has mine, my son's, my uncle's and my two cousin's name on it in numerous places.

Comment

Originally posted by 1974ddr View Post
                                If I was a rich man (there's a song in there somewhere) I'd like to be the club shirt sponsor and just leave a blank space where the ad/logo thing goes. Regardless of the club, the shirt always looks better without one.
                                Way back when in the early 90s, I was part of a group that was looking to buy advertising boards saying “Swales Out” at a few Manchester non-league grounds. We were rebuffed on the instructions of the Manchester FA who didn’t want to cause trouble.

Comment

As Ray de Galles speculated, possibly joked, elsewhere, Chelsea will indeed be gracing the Cup Final with their monstrous new kit

Comment

Historical kits has that Bolton early 90's shirt as being with blue shorts and rather smart red socks with blue and white trim. Finding photos of that combination is quite hard as it also appears to have been used with white shorts, white socks or blue socks. The way the shirt itself was trimmed made it quite a versatile one.

But the white/blue/red combination is strong - are there any teams who this as their 'usual' first colours?

Comment

Found it. Quite Englandesque, but the red socks make it a bit different.

Last edited by Kevin S; 13-05-2021, 10:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                        As Ray de Galles speculated, possibly joked, elsewhere, Chelsea will indeed be gracing the Cup Final with their monstrous new kit
                                        Oh good! I've been disappointed at the seeming lack of new kits being debuted in the final games of the EFL season so hope the PL sides step up on that front.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                          Champion's League Final too, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew7610 View Post

Champion's League Final too, apparently.
                                            Sadly inevitable.

I've been reading the new kit's marketing blurb. Something about being inspired by the Op Art movement, which I'm afraid I'm going to have to Google.

Comment

Op Art is basically optical illusion / distortion art. A very weird selection.

Comment

Op Art was a very American-based movement, no? I can't really think of any link with Chelsea though maybe something vague with the School of Art there? Is there a Bridget Riley angle?

The shirt didn't look very op art either.

Comment

It is neither reflective of the movement, nor does there seem to be any reason behind it other than it was on the board of options and enough people pointed at it.

Comment

Yeh, the link is beyond tenuous, but movement peaked in '60s -> Swinging 60s -> King's Road -> nearby football club. Mary Quant probably had a few associated dress designs.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X