No announcement yet.

Such A Dazzling Kit Of Many Colours - Shirt Gallery 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's so subtle though, it might as well be a tribute to Bristol Rovers.

Comment

1860's Oktoberfest kits are much less subtle.

Last edited by Stumpy Pepys; 20-05-2021, 11:12. Reason: resized pic

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
        Not feeling this, on the other hand

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1395276856388161546
        The first woman player's facial expression sums it up really.

1860 have made me feel a bit queasy, they'll win a lot of games in that kit.

Arsenal still the thread leaders, although I was disappointed to see they were in all pearl citrine pale yellow last night. Change kits with contrasting shorts seem to be on the way out.
        ​​

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
          Really not getting the love for the Japan shirt. Looks like a bog standard polo shirt with a slightly oversized flag stitched on.
          Glad it's not just me that doesn't see the love for it. It looks like the sort of thing I'd wear to work on laundry day.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post

Arsenal still the thread leaders, although I was disappointed to see they were in all pearl citrine pale yellow last night. Change kits with contrasting shorts seem to be on the way out.
            ​​
            That is disappointing, really should have blue shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post

Don't worry, I live in Munich and I was scratching my head too.

Anyroad, I looked it up and it refers to the Muenchner Kindl, which is the symbol of Munich.

I know Breitner was a Maoist, but didn't know the city emblem also waved the wee red book

Comment

Apologies if this has been done, but is that an orange sash on Everton's new change kit?

https://twitter.com/hummel1923/status/1395635856266907649

Comment

Lyon

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post

1860 have made me feel a bit queasy, they'll win a lot of games in that kit.
                    It's an old kit that would have been worn as a one-off (or for a limited number of games) in the Oktoberfest period, which is their tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                      The only thing I have to say about that new Liverpool kit is that at least it doesn't like a Wales shirt. And it makes me want to go and eat sushi for some reason.
                      Your tiresome trolling aside, it calls to mind some previous South Korea shirts as much as the current one does any actual Wales kit.

Comment

The Lyon shirt is gorgeous, possibly the best yet.

Comment

Rules for designing an OL kit:

1. Can you imagine Juninho Pernambucano wearing this? If "yes", well done. If "no" then change the design.

I think this is a "yes".

Comment

Patterned kits seem to be a thing for Nike this year as VFL Wolsburg have also got one.

Comment

Leicester City. They're going to debut this against Tottenham this afternoon. White shorts according to the blurb.

Comment

Pub team kit ;

Comment

Pub team sponsor's logo - looks like it should say "Builders Merchants" rather than "trade online".

Odd that King Power have given up the sponsorship, especially to a fly-by-night Forex gambling company.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                    The only thing I have to say about that new Liverpool kit is that at least it doesn't like a Wales shirt.
                                    If we're being strictly correct here, the kits may be different at the moment but that's only because Wales were stylistically ahead of Liverpool yet again,

In 2003 the marketing gurus also decreed that Wales should commemorate the 57th-ish anniversary of their first all-red kit by wearing a kit with pale orange bits. Thankfully the kit was only worn in a friendly with Honduras, a game that was organised to provide Mark Crossley with his full international debut.

Actually scratch all that, Wales' present kit has yellow embellishments and you get orange when you mix red and yellow so in effect Wales and Liverpool are still wearing the same sort of kit, especially when you see both from a distance.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                      To be fair to the ultras, they have hated all of those and have been consistent in their belief that the version originally designed by Daniel Hechter is the only valid basis for their primary kit.

In other news

https://twitter.com/phildelves/status/1395265623022874626
                                      I love the box. I remember my and Ray's first replica kits came in a sort of presentation box. Probably only cardboard but it - and the relative rarity of kits then - made it feel really special.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                        Lyon

I like that even though I don't normally like those collars. The only fly in the ointment is that the stripe has to stop for the shoulder panels with the Adidas stripe on but I can't see any other way they would have done it anyway.

Comment

The collar spoils it for me. If they'd gone with something normal, they could have then slid the stripes (and badge) a few centimetres more centrally which would make a big difference.

Leicester seem to be sticking with gold trim. Is there any particular reason for this? Winning the league? Whim of the owners? Jamie Vardy a big Spandau Ballet fan?

Comment

OL used to have nice kits

Comment

Hang on, Liverpool still have some green & white trim on the new kit as well as the orange?!

Comment

Sad but true

Comment

Kowalski is right about them still trying to look Welsh then :

Comment

Understandable that they would seek to evoke a high performing nearby national side

Comment

Working...
                                                    X