Such A Dazzling Kit Of Many Colours - Shirt Gallery 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post

I don't understand this modern language. When I read "Arsenal have dropped their new away shirt", I thought "Why? What's wrong with it? It looks quite good to me."
    Apparently patents are now "dropping" also, according to one of my co-workers who really should know better.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post

He was pretty decent for us, upfront with David Reeves. Didn't run very much, but his finishing was good.
      I'm sure he was but he was picking up a relatively big wage packet at Cardiff for not much return at all. The fact that he was simultaneously training to be a ref annoyed me unreasonably at the time as well. Indeed, he probably wasn't earning that much and was trying his hardest in retrospect but I was a hotheaded younger man. That he played in the same team as Jeff Eckardt probably did him no favours in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
        Marseille

Apart from the glorious horror of the new kits, this is always my favourite thread each year due to the expressions on the players' faces.

Here, the chap up front looks like he is taking immense pleasure in blackballing someone who did similar to him in the past ("I've waited 20 years for this moment..."), and the keeper looks like he's just been woken halfway through a much needed sleep and doesn't care for any of this.

Comment

PSG ultras calling for boycott of next season's all blue kit outside Le Parc

https://twitter.com/co_ultras_paris/status/1394969652422488066

Comment

So is there a chance they could boycott their whole season? We can hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

Apart from the glorious horror of the new kits, this is always my favourite thread each year due to the expressions on the players' faces.

Here, the chap up front looks like he is taking immense pleasure in blackballing someone who did similar to him in the past ("I've waited 20 years for this moment..."), and the keeper looks like he's just been woken halfway through a much needed sleep and doesn't care for any of this.

That "chap up front" is your former player, isn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                and the keeper looks like he's just been woken halfway through a much needed sleep and doesn't care for any of this.
                Very much how I remember Steve Mandanda's time at Palace

Comment

Payet is only 34 and under contract through 2024

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    PSG ultras calling for boycott of next season's all blue kit outside Le Parc

https://twitter.com/co_ultras_paris/status/1394969652422488066
                    The same PSG who wore pink and purple for quite a few home games this season?

The same PSG who have often taken to wearing black at home in the Champions League?

The same PSG who wore white at home all through the 80s and into the early 90s?

The same PSG who had a red first kit as recently as 2010-11?

The same PSG who got rid of the stripe in 2009-10?

The same PSG who make Crystal Palace's kit history look consistent?

Comment

To be fair to the ultras, they have hated all of those and have been consistent in their belief that the version originally designed by Daniel Hechter is the only valid basis for their primary kit.

In other news

https://twitter.com/phildelves/status/1395265623022874626

Comment

Drool

Comment

Not feeling this, on the other hand

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1395276856388161546

Comment

I didn't know the 60s kit had diagonal lightning bolt pinstripes, what looks like a ribbed texture and salmon trim.

That Japan shirt on the other hand - I'm not usually one for collars and plackets on football shirts (leave them to rugby union, I say) but THAT. IS. GORGEOUS.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

That "chap up front" is your former player, isn't he?
                              Dead to me.

To be honest, what with player churn and the fact that I rarely watch football these days (hell, I barely get to watch rugby, that's what having kids does) it could be Julian Dicks and I'd be hard pushed to recognise him.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                Not feeling this, on the other hand

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1395276856388161546
                                How hard can it be not to fuck up one of the most traditional kits in football?

Comment

As demonstrated by their recent work for Barcelona, Nike takes that as a challenge

Comment

That Japan shirt maybe the nicest shirt I've seen in some years. It really is a thing of beauty.

Comment

Old school Japan shirts, royal blue with a Japanese flag for the badge, are just about my favourite kit ever I think. This one's a bit washed out looking, but still lush.

Comment

Bayern change, which (it says here) pays tribute to the city of Munich. They're going to wear it in their home game against Augsburg on Saturday which is their first game with a crowd back.

Comment

Really not getting the love for the Japan shirt. Looks like a bog standard polo shirt with a slightly oversized flag stitched on.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                            Bayern change, which (it says here) pays tribute to the city of Munich. They're going to wear it in their home game against Augsburg on Saturday which is their first game with a crowd back.

I'm afraid that the nature of the tribute is way too subtle for me to discern.

Comment

The only thing I have to say about that new Liverpool kit is that at least it doesn't like a Wales shirt. And it makes me want to go and eat sushi for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

I'm afraid that the nature of the tribute is way too subtle for me to discern.
                                                Don't worry, I live in Munich and I was scratching my head too.

Anyroad, I looked it up and it refers to the Muenchner Kindl, which is the symbol of Munich.

Comment

Looks like Thomas is getting the red card there from the junior ref.

Comment

I presume that they are claiming inspiration from the city flag, as opposed to having a lot of fabric lying around that Ajax didn't use

Comment

Working...
                                                    X